By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Official Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty thread!

Gnizmo said:
vlad321 said:

The funny thing is that since I know exactly where the triggers are on map now, (Have's fall for instance will have the bottom left attacked first then the middle bottom village next, etc.) I cna just park my people there wth perfect counters and even Brutal will be a joke. The only reason I failed even once was that weird swarm thing Kerrigan does that almost urdered my entire force. Obvioiusly on the 2nd go through I had no problems with it. I guess I thought it was like the devourer's blinding cloud more than it was plague but I guess I was wrong.

Ah so you have no clue what you are talking about then. Try playing the game on something other than Casual if you want a challenge. I am going through on hard, and gearing up for Brutal. The precise example you used was something I tried and is 100% dead wrong. I have parked Vikings waiting for the attack that never came to the south.

More to the point though, you chose an easy setting to play on. If you wanted a hard game then there are 2 options waiting for you. Don't whine cause you choose to suck on on the difficulty.

Are you sure you finished it then? I can guarantee you that after you destroy the first viral spreader, the very next attack is at the bottom left village. The zerg even spawn out of nowhere so if you have 4 vikings there they should kill everything that spawns before they even hurt them. From what I am hearing it is you who hasn't played it becauseit seems you don't know jack shit about it currently. The single player is just pathetic and easy. If you so much as follow the worst build order for terrans from multiplayer you are sure to be fine in absolutely every mission, except the ones where you are infiltrating and dont have a base. In fact I even have the "House Call" Achivement done, on one playthrough. But here Ill replay it real quick to prove you wrong.

Edit: I was only half right, it is indeed the lower left village (so you don't know jack) but you need 6 vikings to kill the mutalisks in one go, not 4.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
vlad321 said:

Are you sure you finished it then? I can guarantee you that after you destroy the first viral spreader, the very next attack is at the bottom left village. The zerg even spawn out of nowhere so if you have 4 vikings there they should kill everything that spawns before they even hurt them. From what I am hearing it is you who hasn't played it becauseit seems you don't know jack shit about it currently. The single player is just pathetic and easy. If you so much as follow the worst build order for terrans from multiplayer you are sure to be fine in absolutely every mission, except the ones where you are infiltrating and dont have a base. In fact I even have the "House Call" Achivement done, on one playthrough. But here Ill replay it real quick to prove you wrong.

Yeah I have beaten the game. I am 90% done with my second play through in fact, and got a bit road blocked on that mission on Hard while refining my strategy for actually taking down bases. The game has map hack on harder difficulties. Would you like to see my achievements for doing it on hard? Cause its there. They struck top left first randomly that time. Dunno what the motivation was, but there ya go.

I also have to laugh at anyone trying to use multiplayer build orders. Considering the game has a stupidly large amount of completely broken units that would just be dumb. The Diamondback is my favorite new unit that doesn't belong within 100 miles of a competitive match.

Whats really funny is you claim following the build orders trivialises the game, but also admit to losing at least one mission. More funny because at that point you should be able to follow them with all the units unlocked. Not that it makes any sense since the timings are completely different, the threats not even the same, and often the objectives completely different. Staving off thousands upon thousands of units while focusing strictly on defense is as good as disconnecting the modem in an online game, but is the only strategy by default in the last Protoss mission.

Bottom line though is if you don't like the game then why come here to talk about it so much? You have taken every opportunity to exagerate, and slam the game and flame anyone who dares to enjoy it, If you don't like it then thats fine. Go play something else and leave the game alone. No one else really cares that much.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

vlad321 said:

Edit: I was only half right, it is indeed the lower left village (so you don't know jack) but you need 6 vikings to kill the mutalisks in one go, not 4.

5 Vikings on hard will repel the entire force if they arrive early enough.

Gnizmo said:
vlad321 said:

Yeah I have beaten the game. I am 90% done with my second play through in fact, and got a bit road blocked on that mission on Hard while refining my strategy for actually taking down bases. The game has map hack on harder difficulties. Would you like to see my achievements for doing it on hard? Cause its there. They struck top left first randomly that time. Dunno what the motivation was, but there ya go.

I also have to laugh at anyone trying to use multiplayer build orders. Considering the game has a stupidly large amount of completely broken units that would just be dumb. The Diamondback is my favorite new unit that doesn't belong within 100 miles of a competitive match.

Whats really funny is you claim following the build orders trivialises the game, but also admit to losing at least one mission. More funny because at that point you should be able to follow them with all the units unlocked. Not that it makes any sense since the timings are completely different, the threats not even the same, and often the objectives completely different. Staving off thousands upon thousands of units while focusing strictly on defense is as good as disconnecting the modem in an online game, but is the only strategy by default in the last Protoss mission.

Bottom line though is if you don't like the game then why come here to talk about it so much? You have taken every opportunity to exagerate, and slam the game and flame anyone who dares to enjoy it, If you don't like it then thats fine. Go play something else and leave the game alone. No one else really cares that much.

As I already stated, the reason I failed a mission was due to the fact I wasn't quite sure what Kerrigan's swarm thing did until most of my bunched up banshees were gone, so in fact that had nothing to do with build orders it was just my own fault because I had to take care of a nydus worm on the upper side. In the end the game coems down to defending yoru abse and sending out your mercenaries to finish everything, a full force of mercenaries in the game is all you need to wipe out everything on any mission, though it is a bit slow with such few units. Also, the last mission is also a pure defend mission, you just have to send out some banshees to kill the nydus worms and you are good (or build awesome AA and then you dont even have to leave the base if you went that route).

I really don't see how trashing a game is any different than praising it as the best thing ever, I would love to hear your explanation as to how it is different though.

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Gnizmo said:
vlad321 said:

5 Vikings on hard will repel the entire force if they arrive early enough.

I went with 5 and each mutalisk was left with 3 or so health after all my vikings shot it once. This is also on hard.

Around the Network
vlad321 said:

As I already stated, the reason I failed a mission was due to the fact I wasn't quite sure what Kerrigan's swarm thing did until most of my bunched up banshees were gone, so in fact that had nothing to do with build orders it was just my own fault because I had to take care of a nydus worm on the upper side. In the end the game coems down to defending yoru abse and sending out your mercenaries to finish everything, a full force of mercenaries in the game is all you need to wipe out everything on any mission, though it is a bit slow with such few units. Also, the last mission is also a pure defend mission, you just have to send out some banshees to kill the nydus worms and you are good (or build awesome AA and then you dont even have to leave the base if you went that route).

I really don't see how trashing a game is any different than praising it as the best thing ever, I would love to hear your explanation as to how it is different though.

Funny, I managed to not have that be an issue while fighting off the Mutalisk and Broodlord swarms which is much harder way to do it. Further why waste Banshees on an attack? Yamato Cannon the Nydus worms. Send a couple of Science Vessels if you are worried about losing them. Also waiting for Mercenaries is a good way to die since they don't come in for the first 5 minutes. On the easier difficulties this might not be an issue, but it is for people who wanted a challenge.

There is a simple difference in that you have nothing to add at all. You don't like the game. Good for you. Why are you here then? This is for people to talk, discuss, trade strategies, and what not. None of this should have the slightest interest to you since you claim the game is not worth playing single or multiplayer. So why are you here to talk about something you aren't going to play ever again? Makes no sense.

Further you have a history of lying and exaggerating when you want to slam the game. You claimed during Beta to have gone from Copper to Platinum in a week AFTER copper was removed. You claimed the game required an always on internet connection despite the proof of that being wrong being available in Beta (in fact I have spent most of my time playing off line). Now you claim to have this wonderful Achievement collection showing how awesome you are, but no profile linked.

In short, you have lied to slam the game in the past, and it looks like you are doing it again. That does nothing but detract from an otherwise peaceful conversation.

vlad321 said:

I went with 5 and each mutalisk was left with 3 or so health after all my vikings shot it once. This is also on hard.

Did you show up early? Were the Vikings the ones left over from the first little invasion? I also might have had Biosteel upgrade so it could influence the results.

Gnizmo said:
vlad321 said:

Funny, I managed to not have that be an issue while fighting off the Mutalisk and Broodlord swarms which is much harder way to do it. Further why waste Banshees on an attack? Yamato Cannon the Nydus worms. Send a couple of Science Vessels if you are worried about losing them. Also waiting for Mercenaries is a good way to die since they don't come in for the first 5 minutes. On the easier difficulties this might not be an issue, but it is for people who wanted a challenge.

There is a simple difference in that you have nothing to add at all. You don't like the game. Good for you. Why are you here then? This is for people to talk, discuss, trade strategies, and what not. None of this should have the slightest interest to you since you claim the game is not worth playing single or multiplayer. So why are you here to talk about something you aren't going to play ever again? Makes no sense.

Further you have a history of lying and exaggerating when you want to slam the game. You claimed during Beta to have gone from Copper to Platinum in a week AFTER copper was removed. You claimed the game required an always on internet connection despite the proof of that being wrong being available in Beta (in fact I have spent most of my time playing off line). Now you claim to have this wonderful Achievement collection showing how awesome you are, but no profile linked.

In short, you have lied to slam the game in the past, and it looks like you are doing it again. That does nothing but detract from an otherwise peaceful conversation.

I picked to kill off the air, I had no science vessels but I did have ravens with autocannons which rocked. The perdition turrets are also absolutely broken, have 3 or 4 set up at each entrance to the base and anythign that isnt an ultralisk gets fried immidiately. I used banshees because of the stealth and the speed, by the time the BC got to the nydus worm they already spawned more waves than I would have liked. So stealthed banshees it was and a big force of them too. They also really decimate ground forces if you have their upgrade that does damage behidn the primary target.

I had absolutely no problems waiting for mercenaries to go out and kill things, the only time I did have a problem was the mission where you had to build up your army and save the soldiers. thankfully nothing really happens in the first 5 minutes of that mission so I just spared a tank and some marines/bats/medics to collect the troops. Also if you land a viking it also works for the ones that are mostly air.

I have yet to see anythign that you said being mentioned here, in fact the very first mention of something being "added" liek strategies are very cursory remarks about people's favorite start on the 2nd page, not even how to pull it off. Everything else was just praise, which is no different at all than just trashing.

Furthermore, while I exaggerate a lot I do not lie. The copper to plat was perfectly valid. I did start off in copper, after some of the placement restarts I ended up in the old gold league, new plat. I also managed to stick around there for a while before the next restart. As for why it was posted late, have you not realized I'm banned for half the time? Maybe, just maybe, I play some games and things occur while I'm banned. Just something to think about.

If you are going to have an "Official" thread you should be able to handle both positive and negative talk. If you just want positive talk then name it "Starcraft II Circlejerk Thread."

vlad321 said:

I picked to kill off the air, I had no science vessels but I did have ravens with autocannons which rocked. The perdition turrets are also absolutely broken, have 3 or 4 set up at each entrance to the base and anythign that isnt an ultralisk gets fried immidiately. I used banshees because of the stealth and the speed, by the time the BC got to the nydus worm they already spawned more waves than I would have liked. So stealthed banshees it was and a big force of them too. They also really decimate ground forces if you have their upgrade that does damage behidn the primary target.

I had absolutely no problems waiting for mercenaries to go out and kill things, the only time I did have a problem was the mission where you had to build up your army and save the soldiers. thankfully nothing really happens in the first 5 minutes of that mission so I just spared a tank and some marines/bats/medics to collect the troops. Also if you land a viking it also works for the ones that are mostly air.

I have yet to see anythign that you said being mentioned here, in fact the very first mention of something being "added" liek strategies are very cursory remarks about people's favorite start on the 2nd page, not even how to pull it off. Everything else was just praise, which is no different at all than just trashing.

Furthermore, while I exaggerate a lot I do not lie. The copper to plat was perfectly valid. I did start off in copper, after some of the placement restarts I ended up in the old gold league, new plat. I also managed to stick around there for a while before the next restart. As for why it was posted late, have you not realized I'm banned for half the time? Maybe, just maybe, I play some games and things occur while I'm banned. Just something to think about.

If you are going to have an "Official" thread you should be able to handle both positive and negative talk. If you just want positive talk then name it "Starcraft II Circlejerk Thread."

On Hard and up they will attack you in greater numbers early on, and require more than what you can field with Mercenaries. Orlan's mission is a prime example as you have maybe 2 types of mercenaries, and they will rip you apart way too early for that containing you and thus beating you to 6k minerals.

And what the hell were you thinking? Ravens over Science Vessels? Pure madness. Seige Tanks, Thors, Diamondbacks, and all the most broken units possible with Medivacs that can heal each other? I can just build a bunker for all it matters. A lot of the tech choices were like that too sadly. One option that is so much better than the other that its laughable like the Flame Turrets.

You might also notice I don't respond to people giving blind praise. The difference is they don't distract from a normal conversation. Someone blindly praising the game can be ignored and not derail a conversation. People vaguely slamming it can. Or have you not noticed I actually respond to the substance you offer?

You had claimed to get into the Beta after Copper was eliminated. Your time line proved it was completely impossible for that to have happened. Either you were wrong about when you got into the Beta by a good amount of time (a month off of memory)  or lied about the accomplishment. Anyway you slice it though there is still the fact that you adamantly, and repeatedly claimed there was no playing game off-line.

Curiosity question to everyone out there. Hercules or Predator? I have played around with both but neither seems terribly useful in a general sense. Hercules beat the mission where you blow up the 4 or so building for me on hard (well  plus or minus a dozen or more Siege Tanks with their 40 damage upgrade) but the Fusion Core pre-req means I don't bother teching to them 90% of the time. Predators are easier to get, and beat the piss out of groups of units like Zerglings, but there are other ways that are almost as effective. Seems like both are situationally useless in most missions.

Gnizmo said:
vlad321 said:

On Hard and up they will attack you in greater numbers early on, and require more than what you can field with Mercenaries. Orlan's mission is a prime example as you have maybe 2 types of mercenaries, and they will rip you apart way too early for that containing you and thus beating you to 6k minerals.

And what the hell were you thinking? Ravens over Science Vessels? Pure madness. Seige Tanks, Thors, Diamondbacks, and all the most broken units possible with Medivacs that can heal each other? I can just build a bunker for all it matters. A lot of the tech choices were like that too sadly. One option that is so much better than the other that its laughable like the Flame Turrets.

You might also notice I don't respond to people giving blind praise. The difference is they don't distract from a normal conversation. Someone blindly praising the game can be ignored and not derail a conversation. People vaguely slamming it can. Or have you not noticed I actually respond to the substance you offer?

You had claimed to get into the Beta after Copper was eliminated. Your time line proved it was completely impossible for that to have happened. Either you were wrong about when you got into the Beta by a good amount of time (a month off of memory)  or lied about the accomplishment. Anyway you slice it though there is still the fact that you adamantly, and repeatedly claimed there was no playing game off-line.

Curiosity question to everyone out there. Hercules or Predator? I have played around with both but neither seems terribly useful in a general sense. Hercules beat the mission where you blow up the 4 or so building for me on hard (well  plus or minus a dozen or more Siege Tanks with their 40 damage upgrade) but the Fusion Core pre-req means I don't bother teching to them 90% of the time. Predators are easier to get, and beat the piss out of groups of units like Zerglings, but there are other ways that are almost as effective. Seems like both are situationally useless in most missions.

Orlan's mission was indeed more difficult, thank god for the vulture mines and the fact I had perma invisible specters cause those really kicked ass. I barely beat him by about 25 minerals in the end and thank god those reprocessors spawned the last few minerals in time. Really, the perma invis specters and nukes really saved my ass on that one. The 2nd part though was a joke.

As for the Science Vessels, well I saw they didn't have the EMP or the Defensive Matrix and thought "fuck that!" I didn't even think about the use of the armor heal. In the end the Ravens proved useful witht heir awesome badass autocannons for the last mission. Also, the Thor revive is absolutely fucking amazing. I mean, holy shit, those zerg didn't even see it coming.

You may alos notice that I do not go and trash talk the game in reply to someone's strategy trading or anything of that sort. I came in and posted my shortish assessment of the retail product.

That is absolutely false, I was in the beta a a few days before Gamestop had their Beta deal, then I preordered and swindled them for 2 beta keys instead of one. In fact I made a post about how I screwed over Gamestop. The patch removing copper was a few weeks later than that, so it is absolutely impossible for me to have played after it. In fact Patch 13 came out about 2-3 months ago and the Gamesto thing was mid April-ish. Also, there was absolutely no way to play the beta offline indeed, whenever my internet was down I was screwed, going by a given interview that, now apparently a bunch of idiot PRs, they made it sound like if you could not log on Bnet you were screwed.'

I went with predator, they really helped me out on the missions where the terrans had a lot of ground troops. If you send in enough to survive, since they die super fast, they can annihilate a whole group in seconds. They were also awesome for the Media Blitz since I coudl jsut rush them to the circle and kill whatever was occupying it once the air was dead.