By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360: 2008 VS 2010 - 2nd Half

I like the update, more and more I am conviced you have to be right even though I would have said it was impossible not less than 2 months ago.

Around the Network

Great thread Seece! This will be so exciting to follow.

Reminds me of another epic sales thread on VGC btw.

PS2 2001 sales numbers vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =)

I love how MS is staggering things between now and November.  

Next month comes the Arcade redesign, which will boost sales temporarily.  Then the next month you release Halo Reach with another special console.  Boost.  Then comes Fable III which may cause a small boost (maybe even insignificant).  And then in November you release the big gun, Kinect, early enough in the month to boost early November sales.  After that typical Black Friday and December boost kick in.

So the bigger question now is when will sales go DOWN substantially between now and the end of the year?

kowenicki said:
leatherhat said:

I doubt the slim will have the same long term sales effects of the price cut. So I don't really see any millon selling weeks for the xbox this holiday.

even though it is already having a more long term effect in the US than the PS3 slim did?

Didn't the PS3 Slim go into a shortage after January? Anyway the new 360 did wonders for Microsoft.

kowenicki said:

I'm ready to predict:

On Jan 1st 2011 VGC will have the 360 at:

Meaning it will have had its best year posting just shy of 12m.

I might be miles off, but I thought id get an early prediction in for the hell of it.

Seems viable. These upcoming weeks are going to build up the numbers nicely, then after the Sep08 price cut, it only has to perform flat, that said I think we'll see a million selling week, and 900k on BF.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

I'm ready to predict:

I might be miles off, but I thought id get an early prediction in for the hell of it.

wow thats really pushing it there kowenicki 7M from now till end of 2010

god it did 6.5M last year in the same time

Play Me

BHR-3 said:
kowenicki said:

I'm ready to predict:

wow thats really pushing it there kowenicki 7M from now till end of 2010

god it did 6.5M last year in the same time

So with a redesign, its marquee exclusive series and Kinect launching, it pushing it to think it can sell 500k more than last year?

I think it will do 12m   The games that are coming should maintain its momentum and while personally I dont like much of what I have seen of Kinect I do think it will be a hit, having quite a bit of TV coverage about being controllerless and some minor store discounts around xmas.

Up 400k so far this Q.

i believe in the 50M Xbox 360´s by Jan 1st.