By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA Up - 17th July 2010

selnor said:

2 days of sales. Only 2 friggin days of sales. 

If it was a whole week, would we have seen 300k ?

Well done M$. 2010 is clearly M$ year now. With Reach and Kinect plus a brand new Arcade 360s on the way for October the rest of the year will definately be 360 on top. The wii may get the odd week like last week, but this year is 360 > both PS3 and Wii WW sales for the entire year. ( Obviously I dont mean Wii PS3 together )

Selnor called it first.

LOOOOL, that's so optimistic that it's just ridiculous. Higher sales than PS3 -> very likely, higher sales than Wii -> impossible. And just to mention again: pre-order time of one month -> huge sales first week.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Around the Network

what were the sales like when the black wii came out?

Damn this is pretty huge 

Xbox 360 hardware up     329%

Xbox 360 software down     7%

I sure hope Microsoft makes a profit on the new 360 hardware....

so NOW people are worrying about profit instead of units sold

Around the Network

Whoa this is like OMG crazy 360 numbers.  I never expected this huge of numbers with only 2 days of tracking! Next weeks might be even bigger because its a full week!

And I just got in an argument with a kid on this site that said the 360 boost would be only 20k units for 1 week.  I was expecting like around 100k since it was only two days of tracking but 200k?  holy crap.  

selnor said:

2 days of sales. Only 2 friggin days of sales.

It was on pre-order for 4 weeks.

Curious to see what the split is between UK slim sales and mainland Europe slim sales.

Maynard_Tool said:

Well no but if the new Xbox 360 is sold at a loss(i don't think so because PS3 doesn't cost $300 to produce either) all these people upgrading won't do Microsoft any good at all now does it? Because judging by the software sales that seems to be the case.

I also wonder if they fixed the security issues with the new model, and stoped piracy for now.

kowenicki said:
Maynard_Tool said:

the defence will shift to wherever it suits.

unfortunately, for them, MS will announce HUGE proifts in 3 days time too.

True....

PS3 haz no gamez >>>>PS3 don't sellz well>>>>>>PS3 not making profit>>>>>? whats next? =p

BTW how do I add smiles?

Maynard_Tool said:

ROFL! They can't take the heat!

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909