By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So Avatar: the Last Airbender is really good. I'm shocked!

Blacksaber said:
dtewi said:
twesterm said:
dtewi said:
twesterm said:
pastro243 said:

I really liked it too, the only bad things for me where that sometimes the drawings werent all that great, childish dialog and jokes sometimes(Yeah, I know its aimed at kids) and I didnt like the ending, more precisely the last fight, I felt it wasnt as brutal as I was expecting.

But animation is great and the story was very entertaining, Its a shame they apparently ruined it with the movie.

I loved the ending!

The fight with the Firelord and Aang was really good before and after he entered the Avatar State and I really liked how he finished the fight.  It was cool how he stayed true to himself and took away his power rather than his life. 

EPIC SPOILERS DOWN HERE

Yeah, my one problem with that is that he magically (yes, magically) sleepwalked in the middle of the night towards a 40 ton lion turtle that taught how to not take his life through an ancient art that he just so happened to know and he just happened to be in the neighborhood to teach it to Aang. And even though Energybending was before Element bending, it can still take away the power of Element bending. Makes a lotta sense. Oh, and for some reason a lion turtle (an animal) is able to learn the art and teach it to Aang through freaking telepathy. It was a bit convenient.

DONE WITH SPOILERS

The Lion Turtle was weird too, but I assumed he was a spirit of some sorts since the tracker animal the chick had couldn't track Aang.  You could say it couldn't track him because he was in the ocean but the chick actually said it was as though he didn't exist, not he went to sea (which I assume she has tried to track people that have gone to sea before).

That would answer why it magically appeared, could summon Aang, and knew spirit bending (which he should be able to do since he's the Avatar).

Spirits can't appear in the physical world, and Aang wasn't in the Spirit World.

Sorry for the double post ahead of time..

Wrong remember they can enter the real world Like the Moon and Ocean Spirits did...

They had to sacrifice being a spirit though. Once they became physical, they weren't immortal.

The lion turtle was definitely immortal. Being like 1500 years old.

I'm confusing myself.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
dtewi said:
Blacksaber said:
dtewi said:
twesterm said:
dtewi said:
twesterm said:
pastro243 said:

I really liked it too, the only bad things for me where that sometimes the drawings werent all that great, childish dialog and jokes sometimes(Yeah, I know its aimed at kids) and I didnt like the ending, more precisely the last fight, I felt it wasnt as brutal as I was expecting.

But animation is great and the story was very entertaining, Its a shame they apparently ruined it with the movie.

I loved the ending!

The fight with the Firelord and Aang was really good before and after he entered the Avatar State and I really liked how he finished the fight.  It was cool how he stayed true to himself and took away his power rather than his life. 

EPIC SPOILERS DOWN HERE

Yeah, my one problem with that is that he magically (yes, magically) sleepwalked in the middle of the night towards a 40 ton lion turtle that taught how to not take his life through an ancient art that he just so happened to know and he just happened to be in the neighborhood to teach it to Aang. And even though Energybending was before Element bending, it can still take away the power of Element bending. Makes a lotta sense. Oh, and for some reason a lion turtle (an animal) is able to learn the art and teach it to Aang through freaking telepathy. It was a bit convenient.

DONE WITH SPOILERS

The Lion Turtle was weird too, but I assumed he was a spirit of some sorts since the tracker animal the chick had couldn't track Aang.  You could say it couldn't track him because he was in the ocean but the chick actually said it was as though he didn't exist, not he went to sea (which I assume she has tried to track people that have gone to sea before).

That would answer why it magically appeared, could summon Aang, and knew spirit bending (which he should be able to do since he's the Avatar).

Spirits can't appear in the physical world, and Aang wasn't in the Spirit World.

Sorry for the double post ahead of time..

Wrong remember they can enter the real world Like the Moon and Ocean Spirits did...

They had to sacrifice being a spirit though. Once they became physical, they weren't immortal.

The lion turtle was definitely immortal. Being like 1500 years old.

I'm confusing myself.

The fish may not have been immortal but then they must not age because fish don't generally live 1000 years, especially if when those fish die the moon dissapears and screws over the world.

Also, Turtles have stupid long life spans.  Probably not 1500 years, but if those fish can live as long as they did, that turtle could live much longer.

twesterm said:
pastro243 said:

I loved the ending!

I guess I felt like it was too short, and like I said lacked some brutality or shocking thing, and the dialogue after the fight, I remember some jokes I thought were a bit lame, and the fact that it was like all compressed to fit in the last minutes, I mean, the "everyone is happy scene" made me feel like "So, its over?"

I dont think its a bad ending, but I expected more.

I lost interest in the middle of volume 3, it became to animeish and got all jumbled in too many plot lines.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
A Bad Clown said:

I lost interest in the middle of volume 3, it became to animeish and got all jumbled in too many plot lines.

Season 3 just has sooooo many filler espides, it's pretty ridiculous. The worst one is probably right before the finale (the one where they see the play).  It was so bad I almost just stopped watching the series and checked several times to make sure it really was 24 minutes and not the two hours it felt like.

If you're watching on Netflix you could probably get away with just watching the episodes that are more than 24 minutes and be fine.  You lose some character development,  but not really. 

Around the Network
twesterm said:
A Bad Clown said:

Season 3 just has sooooo many filler espides, it's pretty ridiculous. The worst one is probably right before the finale (the one where they see the play).  It was so bad I almost just stopped watching the series and checked several times to make sure it really was 24 minutes and not the two hours it felt like.

If you're watching on Netflix you could probably get away with just watching the episodes that are more than 24 minutes and be fine.  You lose some character development,  but not really. 

:/ I loved the play. In my mind, the only episodes that really dragged were The Cave of Two Lovers and the one that explains what happened to Appa after he disappears, and the Southern Air Temple.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

The Great Divide.

Can Burn.

In.

Hell.

Oh, and even though Ember Island Players was filler, it has hilarious.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:

The Great Divide.

Can Burn.

In.

Hell.

Oh, and even though Ember Island Players was filler, it has hilarious.

Funny thing is the Ember Island Players episode felt like watching the movie all over again. :P

Member #50 of the Sonic Support Squad! :P

I'm surprised at the hate for the Ember Island Players episode.  I thought it did a great job of recapping everything important from the past three seasons into twenty minutes, all while poking fun at the series itself.

heh when I read the title I thought you were talking about the movie and I was like "ZOMG TWESTERM'S LOST IS BLOODY MIND!!!!!! then I realized you were talking about the series and I was like oh ok.

Haven't seen too much of hte series though I did see teh movie (and it sucked, the dialogue througout, everything else too except for like the 20 min when it was ok) what I have seen of the series was awesome

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it