By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide up! (10th July 2010)

Why are people so short sighted? *ssigh*

SHORTAGES.

(real ones *ahem*)

Around the Network
Seece said:

SHORTAGES.

(real ones *ahem*)

It's so absurd I'm actually chuckling.

Wii has shortages and there's either systems in every store that rival camps apparently see but not the masses or the shortages are done to artificially inflate demand lol.

PS3 has shortages and they're everywhere according to camps that rival the PS3 amazing when most people saw more constant stock sales went down.

Now? 360 is selling out and rivals are calling foul again it's pretty funny... sales are really clear cut, going into your average store and not finding one is kinda clear cut.

People just need to get over it, this is supply and demand in action they're supplying what they project will be the constant rate of sales with a little larger surge to start things, if the demand goes above projections then they will keep selling out and the factories will have to start producing more, if not it has to produce less, but that choice isn't done lightly if you produce more than you need you hurt hard and factories have to slow down as there is no work to do, too little and they miss out on sales.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Seece said:

SHORTAGES.

(real ones *ahem*)

"real ones" ...................uh.................... -.-

Seriously, all these statements about shortages are complete BS (and I'm not only talking about 360S, same with PS3 a few months ago). People expect there to be shortages only because a few shops doesn't have ones for one or two days.

Let me say how it is: the Xbox360 slim had an incredibly strong start (better than PS3 slim because US is Xbox-land), but it's falling. And I don't say that it can't be over 100.000 next week again in NA, but people just have to face that shortages are a lie!

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

All I can say is Crackdown 2 should not outsell Alan Wake in Lifetime sales. If it does then that would be a shame.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

kowenicki said:
hiroko said:
BenVTrigger said:
hiroko said:

again nice sales for x360 but stil falling.

ps3 almost on top of x360 again. wil only be a matter of a couple of weeks.

how so?  The 360 S launches in Europe in next weeks figure.  For the next 3 weeks the PS3 will be outsold by the 360 both in the Americas's and Europe so how would PS3 pass the 360 in a "couple weeks"?  Is Japan going to all the sudden push massive PS3 hardware out of nowhere?

who says x360 is gonne outsel ps3 in the eu? for 3 weeks? i say..

51k ps3 60k x360

oops...

try:

57k PS3 v 200k 360S week one.

Are you meaning in Others/ENEMA/EMEAA/Whatever alone?

Edit: nevermind, I didn't see the data were already available, I thought you were predicting that...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
snfr said:
Seece said:

SHORTAGES.

(real ones *ahem*)

Seriously, all these statements about shortages are complete BS (and I'm not only talking about 360S, same with PS3 a few months ago). People expect there to be shortages only because a few shops doesn't have ones for one or two days.

Let me say how it is: the Xbox360 slim had an incredibly strong start (better than PS3 slim because US is Xbox-land), but it's falling. And I don't say that it can't be over 100.000 next week again in NA, but people just have to face that shortages are a lie!

Because of shortages, of which are a different kind to PS3's.

Seece said:
snfr said:
Seece said:

SHORTAGES.

(real ones *ahem*)

As I said: ALL kinds of shortages are a lie!

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

snfr said:
Seece said:
snfr said:
Seece said:

SHORTAGES.

(real ones *ahem*)

Are you being funny?

Seece said:
snfr said:
Seece said:
snfr said:
Seece said:

SHORTAGES.

(real ones *ahem*)

Are you being funny?

A bit

No seriously, there may be some shortages in some shops, but we shouldn't take that too serious. It's not like the sales have fallen just because of shortages, you know.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

kowenicki said:
snfr said:
Seece said:
snfr said:

Are you being funny?

A bit

No seriously, there may be some shortages in some shops, but we shouldn't take that too serious. It's not like the sales have fallen just because of shortages, you know.

So if the 360 sales in the US are higher or the same than last week in the next 2 weeks (surely they should keep falling)... would the shortages still be a lie?

If that is the case, then I would have been totally wrong and I would have to admit that.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]