By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 18 Game Thread

c03n3nj0 said:

Vetteman! 

He had a mafia! Why!? 

nooooooooooo *shakes fist*

cause he did the mafia's job for them... and killed the friken cop when he found out a mafia =D he should get LVP, but mafia hitman for a vigilante is just about worse =)

(not that you played bad vet... just that your luck cost the town dearly)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network
c03n3nj0 said:

Vetteman! 

He had a mafia! Why!? 

Dont balme me,  if he would have just agreed with my no lynch plan,  which was brilliant and would have worked great seeing how the game turned out, he would have lived through the night.

Hephaestos said:
c03n3nj0 said:

Vetteman! 

He had a mafia! Why!? 

cause he did the mafia's job for them... and killed the friken cop when he found out a mafia =D he should get LVP, but mafia hitman for a vigilante is just about worse =)

(not that you played bad vet... just that your luck cost the town dearly)

I know what my choices cost the town, but I stand by them with no regrets.  My idea for a no lynch was flawless, he refused and deserved to die

actually the turn of events were pretty nice if you think of the night chart... but man did the first days last long with nothing meaningfull happening... (I only know cause i had to read these 700 posts of the first week :x)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Good game all! Great thanks to nen for stepping up when I couldn't do the hosting! I haven't followed all of it since I was on vacation most of the time but I really liked the last few days and still can't believe Stefl got away with it.

One time I'd like to mention though: being a simple townie is NOT a boring role it just forces you to use your reasoning skills to find out the holes in people's story.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:

I would like to thank everyone who voted to lynch me after I completely shot holes through Stefl's story,  yet no one believed me.   The town deserved to lose in this game due to the lack of participation and care.  

Yeah Im a little bit sour about the ending

If it makes you feel any better, I actually thought you were being truthful:  I just wanted to use that evidence to lynch stefl the next day, since he was disappearing at night. 

I didn't reckon with our fifth person getting mod-killed overnight, though.  =^/  I should've held off on killing dsister...

nen-suer said:

I still cant believe stefl won. After you turned up innocent i thought the day will end in 2 minutes with him lynched!!

It would have if we had a fifth person, but since we didn't, and everyone knew we had two mafiosos left... logically speaking, there was no way the day was going to end without someone quitting.  I just chose to do so first.

Vetteman94 said:

I know what my choices cost the town, but I stand by them with no regrets.  My idea for a no lynch was flawless, he refused and deserved to die

If it was flawless, someone besides you would also have voted for it!

TruckOSaurus said:

One time I'd like to mention though: being a simple townie is NOT a boring role it just forces you to use your reasoning skills to find out the holes in people's story.

Agreed: I was bitterly disappointed that so many others openly felt otherwise.  But ah well.

Anyhow, I'm glad that the town lost.  Looking at the turn of events, the townies didn't really do much this game!  I am curious to confirm whether stefl actually vanishes at night, though.  I assume so, or the game would have gone very differently... and why DID he turn in RTC?  It seemed way too premature.

Stefl won it for us.... by killing me... >_>

Watch out for Stefl. He could be a sneaky killer in real life...

And if anyone's interested:

http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/cgA3TxkuVKiHb

I investigated Khuutra Night One, Noname Night Two, and was going to investigate RCTjunkie Night Three believe it or not.  All mafia.  I even decided on the order during Night One.  Damn I'm good.

To the vanilla townies who decided to barely post:  If getting that role means you will not play, then don't sign up.  I'll be happy to play smaller games where everyone participates.

Vetteman:  Your no lynch plan was, is, and always will be a bad idea.  I "deserved to die" just for disagreeing with you? Hardly.  I've seen it in previous games, but your actions here really underscore your history of suspecting people who merely disagree with you.  It really cost the town big time this game.

The only time a no lynch is a good idea is when you can reasonably predict the number of kills each night.  Then you can use a no lynch to extend a game that was going to end during the night to instead end during the next day phase.  Or you can double lynch to shorten the game to end during the prior day phase.  The goal is to minimize the number of mafia kills and maximize the number of town kills.  That is the best way for the town to win.  Town kills have a chance of getting mafia, mafia kills (generally) do not.  Extra no lynches just give extra kills to the mafia.  The town should not want the mafia choosing who lives and dies.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

RCTjunkie said:

Judging by some of those timestamps, a certain mafia was conversing privately during the daaaay! *Tsktsk*!

It's interesting to see what others were thinking during the game though:  I definitely need to learn how to read folks better, since I helped lynch Snakeyez when it turns out he was innocent after all.  Would've been better to get a mafia that night.  Although a deputy made for a fine consolation prize...

theRepublic said:

I investigated Khuutra Night One, Noname Night Two, and was going to investigate RCTjunkie Night Three believe it or not.  All mafia.  I even decided on the order during Night One.  Damn I'm good.

I'm flattered!  I think...

RCTjunkie said:

Yay! The quicktopic stuck! 

My game started some trends, it seems.  

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."