By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 18 Game Thread

3 Players out of 9 voted

All votes Sabby

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:
Soleron said:

<zombie>

Nen, does that mean a single vote at the deadline is sufficient to cause a lynch?

</zombie>

I believe that is what he means.

It seems a lot of power for a single vote to potentially have. I was trying to highlight that.

Soleron said:
Vetteman94 said:
Soleron said:

<zombie>

Nen, does that mean a single vote at the deadline is sufficient to cause a lynch?

</zombie>

I believe that is what he means.

It seems a lot of power for a single vote to potentially have. I was trying to highlight that.

That's why all players need to vote by then

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

I'm watching TV right now (just got back from school)...I'll post what I have to say in an hour.

Vetteman94 said:
c03n3nj0 said:

Sorry I haven't been on, but it seems I didn't miss much anyways. :-/

In this deadline then we don't have many options, so let's judge carefully. Risk lynching sabby and hope he's lying?

Bah. This deadlines only help when we're told a while before they're actually ending, at the beginning of the day or something. Popping up and say we only have 24 hours makes me rush -_-

Our other best guest would be Silver-Tiger, actually. His got overly defensive when Vetteman only mentioned he was suspicious of him. That just looks weird

I agree,  I picked up on his quick defense pretty quickly.  I just think for now with the holes in sabby's story he is our best bet for a successful lynch.  

Because I don't want the town to loose. Why shouldn't I defend myself?

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:

I'm confident that we will lynch a mafia today.  There are several reasons why I think sabby is mafia, but I'd like to begin by pointing out that either he is lying about being the bus driver or he is the mafia's bus driver. 

The decisions he's claimed simply do not add up.  On Night One he switched Final-Fan and stefl?  Why?  We didn't know until Day Two that stefl had a useful power, so it couldn't have been to protect stefl.  He suspected Final-Fan?  No, because Final-Fan wasn't acting particularly suspiciously that day: his death was fortunate, but neither he nor Khuutra gave themselves away before their deaths.  And why wouldn't he choose to protect Khuutra if he was pro-town and actually is a bus driver?   He's trying to take credit for helping the town by protecting stefl, but Khuutra's post-mortem post makes it clear that Khuutra had, in fact, wanted to kill Final-Fan ("I got you [Final-Fan]!"). This completely contradicts stefl's claim that F-F's death was the unintended result of sabby's actions!

Sabby's other claimed decisions also don't add up.   On Day Two he chose to protect hatmoza?  Again, why?  Hatmoza barely played that day, so I don't see why you could logically consider him to be a particularly big target.  By contrast, several other players had made themselves more obvious targets, such as theRepublic, and we were all convinced that stefl was the cop.  So why would a pro-town Bus Driver, who had previously "protected" stefl, suddenly change his action to someone else?  It's like confessing that he wanted stefl to die! 

His alleged Day Three actions are also questionable.  Not only did he continue to not protect stefl, but he targeted two people who, by his own admission, he both suspected.   Where is the logic in this?  He feared that a bad guy might get targeted, so he swapped him for another bad guy?  Bull.

I'd also like to add that sabby is acting very, very differently than he did in the last game he played.  In the previous game, he was pro-town, and he aggressively pursued people who he thought were mafia: he stayed on Final-Fan's nuts throughout that game, evidence-to-the-contrary be damned.  And yet here he's very much been keeping a low profile, like he's making a point of not making any waves.  His biggest contribution to Day One was to try to end the day; I'm hard pressed to think of what else he's added to help us.  And I'm sure I'm not the only person who briefly forgot at some point that he was even playing.

To summarize: every one of the night actions sabby's claimed to have taken are complete BS, and his day actions are a complete 180 of how he performed when he was pro-town. 

Vote: sabby

Excellent post..its hard not to agree with this.

Except this part - "So why would a pro-town Bus Driver, who had previously "protected" stefl, suddenly change his action to someone else?  It's like confessing that he wanted stefl to die! "

Why would Sabby switch Stefl, as it would make him lose the doctor's protection ? Having said that, at one time, Sabby had forgotten that a doctor could even exist

"Plus" Sabby had called out to Stefl to reveal EVERYTHING about his role in that post. That type of behaviour is mostly related to scum.

Just read your reply to Sabby's reply....makes even more sense...its hard to resist not voting to lynch him now.

VOTE : Sabby_e17 (I believe its one more vote to lynch him)

Vetteman94 said:

Well I cant say I am surprised to see my name top the lists of a few people listing their most suspicious.  Weekends are bad for me due to being away from a computer most weekends.   So,  I hope to eliminate my name off of those lists with this post.   

I am going to role claim as I feel at this point in time the only reason I am still alive is the mafia knew I was suspected of being scum so why kill someone that you cant try to get lynched.

I am Liu-Kang,  my role is Town Vigilante.  My night targets have been bad choices to say the least,  but my coming forward now eliminates one possible suspect.  

I most suspect,  SIlver Tiger and Nikells for the reason I stated above,  they knew I wasnt scum (at least not on their team anyway) yet they have constantly been at me all game since other people have raised their suspicion at me.  With no other reason than me being a classic lurker.   

I am also slightly suspicious of Dsister,  mainly for the whole Ill try and get the next person who roleclaims lynched remark. 

FOS Dsister & SIlver-Tiger

Vote Nikells

If someone make a good argument this vote could change to silver-tiger, I believe they are our best chance at a scum hit.    

I know that roles don't mean much in this game, but there is something odd about this role claim. Sabby name claimed to be Shujinko, who made his debut in MK Deception, where Liu Kang was a zombie (he had died earlier) who went out on a slaughterfest, killing a lot of monks....and he couldn't control himself. Later he regained his consciousness, but what he did doesn't change, obviously.

So its possible that Vetteman is the serial killer...but either way, pro town or scum, he appears to be a toothless snake at the moment as its clear to me that he can only kill once every other night (killed theRepublic on night 2, and me on night 4).

Either way, its now impossible to determine whether he is the SK, or the vigilante :(

"I am also slightly suspicious of Dsister,  mainly for the whole Ill try and get the next person who roleclaims lynched remark. "

If anything, that shows that Dsister/me didn't want people to reveal their roles unnecessarily...like you have done. If you really are the vigilante, you have put yourself in an awkward position.

c03n3nj0 said:

Our other best guest would be Silver-Tiger, actually. His got overly defensive when Vetteman only mentioned he was suspicious of him. That just looks weird

Yeah...but it might also be his newbness to the mafia games...like me.

nen-suer said:

That's why all players need to vote by then

Ah. No issues then.

4 Players out of 9 voted

All votes Sabby (one more vote and he's lynched)

noname and Vetteman are Mafia...the town will only realise this tomorrow.

sabby_e17 said:

noname and Vetteman are Mafia...the town will only realise this tomorrow.

What is your response to Noname's last post ? Just accusing that he is mafia doesn't do you any favours sabby...