By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Top 25 Comic Book Movies of All Time

I've seen 21 of those, and bits and pieces of Superman 1, Superman 2, and The Crow.  The only one I completely missed was Batman: Mask of the Phantasm.

Here come my fanboy complaints:

What the hell?!?!?  No Popeye?  Popeye should be in the top 5.  Popeye felt like a moving comic book.  With the colors, the design, and the wind-up punches and everything.  Dick Tracy and Sin City should be higher too.  All 3 of those felt just like moving versions of their source material.

X-Men should definitely be on there and really high on the list, for starting the whole revival.  Without X-Men, we wouldn't have had a Spiderman or Batman Begins.

And it's way too western-centric.  They even forgot #1, a little movie called AKIRA.  Ouch.

And if you count The Lion King as a remake and/or rip-off of Tezuka's comic Kimba the White Lion, then I'd put that in the top 10 too.

Around the Network

the Spider-Man films are amongst the WORST ive ever seen, not just comic book movies, all movies.

X-Men 1 and 2 (recent films) were great, V for Vendetta also.

Men in Black obviously is super.

the rest I either havent seen or were okay.

the omission of Akira makes this list lose any credibility

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Movies/TV series based on comic books seem to be more important today than comic books.

Most people will only take notice of Fables, Bone and even The Adventures of Tintin (one of the most influential comic strips of all time) once the respective TV series/movies come out and are praised by media.

For those saying Akira I don't think they were including manga adoptions just western comics. If Asian adoptions were in the running this list it would be totally different. I feel the list lacks some good movies and has some questionable positions and movies that I wouldn't have on the list but still far from the worst IGN top 25.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

Please remove the bore-fest Watchman from the list, all I remember is the huge blue ding-dong, urgh

Kick-Ass was such raping of the comic.  I suggest everyone read that comic and NEVER watch the movie.  Not a bad list at all, though. 

Where the fuck is Akira?

An amazing film of IMO the best anime ever made

Batman Returns should ne MUCH higher.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

d21lewis said:

Kick-Ass was such raping of the comic.  I suggest everyone read that comic and NEVER watch the movie.  Not a bad list at all, though. 

Kickass sucksass, i didn't really know why everyone liked it, its so bad its laughable.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.