By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "MGS: Peace Walker sells 52k in its first month" - NPD

Boutros said:
Christian973 said:
arcane_chaos said:

man, I hope Sony can reduce the piracy rate one their next handheld console.

PSPgo2 everyone?

No I don't think we'll see another PSPgo-like handheld from Sony anytime soon. They said they learned from that failure. Which is good because I hate downloadable only games.

i don't really think they expected anything from it,it was only to study market

Around the Network

Well Kingdom Hearts might do a little better but yeah I wouldn't expect too much.

3rd Birthday is sure to do pretty bad in America.

I don't know about Final Fantasy. I would think it might do ok because of Crisis Core and Dissidia.

Soriku said:

So...we can expect BBS, Third Birthday, and Agito XIII to fail as well...

they surely won't fail in Japan

AND we just can't know PSN sales

ElGranCabeza said:
jarrod said:
ElGranCabeza said:
jarrod said:

A good guess for bundles would probably be ~30k territory.  That accounts for most of the weekly bump PSP saw in sales this month, though not all of it since this month had several big PSP sales ($150 Go or $125 3k at DELL among them).

No clue on PSN, but I'd imagine if sales there were significant (for, well, *anything*), we'd know about by now...

That's a bad guess, we barely hear anything about any digital download sales numbers about anything on any platform. What we got from PSN? 1 million minis - with no breakdown per title, 100k for FFVII in one week - with no regional breakdown, 20k for Burnout Paradise in 2 weeks - with no regional breakdown, anything else? What did we get on XBL? 1 billion profit - with no breakdown on sales of games, I believe we got numbers for GTA Stories, but no breakdown between download and disc. Not even apple releases numbers. 

It sucks.

Atlus said Persona PSP sold 10k digitally in Japan (compared to 120k retail)... and that was supposedly good for the platform.

I'm pretty sure they never mentioned it was good for the platform, you're adding your personal opinion there. I do think it's good though considering Persona remake sold like 100k in Japan, Japan is not as download friendly as we are in the west and it was supposedly not that good of a game to begin with. My point still stands.

The sales result was a positive, Atlus was pleased with the results.  10:1 was "good for the platform" from their perspective at least.

Boutros said:

jarrod adding his personal opinion as a fact?? I'm shocked.

You shouldn't take Bomb Walker so personally.  It's not your fault PSP can't sell games.

Around the Network
jarrod said:
Boutros said:

You shouldn't take Bomb Walker so personally.  It's not your fault PSP can't sell games.

Boohoo.

Boutros said:
jarrod said:
Boutros said:

Boohoo.

Stop crying, I already told you it's not your fault.  It's okay.

Boutros said:
Bruno Muñoz said:

IGN: "Peace Walker Sales Difficult To Judge"

C'mon this is ridiculous, MGS:PW is by far the biggest bomb of this generation.

It's not even the biggest bomb without digital sales. This one is:

http://www.vgchartz.com/game.php?id=24661

I hope this is a joke.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Arius Dion said:
Boutros said:
Bruno Muñoz said:

IGN: "Peace Walker Sales Difficult To Judge"

C'mon this is ridiculous, MGS:PW is by far the biggest bomb of this generation.

It's not even the biggest bomb without digital sales. This one is:

http://www.vgchartz.com/game.php?id=24661

I hope this is a joke.

Although I consider myself having a rather wide sense of humour, it was not a joke. Why would it be anyways?

jarrod said:
ElGranCabeza said:
jarrod said:
ElGranCabeza said:
jarrod said:

A good guess for bundles would probably be ~30k territory.  That accounts for most of the weekly bump PSP saw in sales this month, though not all of it since this month had several big PSP sales ($150 Go or $125 3k at DELL among them).

No clue on PSN, but I'd imagine if sales there were significant (for, well, *anything*), we'd know about by now...

That's a bad guess, we barely hear anything about any digital download sales numbers about anything on any platform. What we got from PSN? 1 million minis - with no breakdown per title, 100k for FFVII in one week - with no regional breakdown, 20k for Burnout Paradise in 2 weeks - with no regional breakdown, anything else? What did we get on XBL? 1 billion profit - with no breakdown on sales of games, I believe we got numbers for GTA Stories, but no breakdown between download and disc. Not even apple releases numbers. 

It sucks.

Atlus said Persona PSP sold 10k digitally in Japan (compared to 120k retail)... and that was supposedly good for the platform.

I'm pretty sure they never mentioned it was good for the platform, you're adding your personal opinion there. I do think it's good though considering Persona remake sold like 100k in Japan, Japan is not as download friendly as we are in the west and it was supposedly not that good of a game to begin with. My point still stands.

The sales result was a positive, Atlus was pleased with the results.  10:1 was "good for the platform" from their perspective at least.

Link where they said that.