By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Top 4 PS3 Exclusives That Deserve A Sequel...Can You Come Up With Some?

CGI-Quality said:
BHR-3 said:

^^No Heavy Rain?

Nah, and I like how Cage handled that. He feels like he already told the story, no need to go back to it. I support this, not just because it's DC/HR, but also because I'm a firm believer that some games/movies/books are better left untouched (as in don't need sequels).

What about a spiritual successor? A game with the same design, layout, etc... but in a different universe, different story. It doesn't even have to be a murder mystery, I imagine that a thriller, or a romantic film could work very well... or games based on literature - A Heavy Rain-esque game based on To Kill a Mockingbird, or Private Peaceful, could be absolutely amazing - certainly, if done well, a genuine step forward for the industry. Perhaps even, if it could ever be done tastefully, a game based on the early life of Hitler, or something.

Around the Network

Demon Souls, Heavy Rain(not a legit sequel but atleast another game like it) Heavenly Sword, and, I guess I'll throw in Folklore

Heavenly Sword and Demon Souls for sure.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

I cna't see demon's souls having an actual sequel( due to the story elements), it would probably end up being a spiritual successor more than anything else.

Heavenly Sword and another Folklore kinda a game, two extremely underrated titles from the PS3's launch. I'd bet that if they'd been released today, they would have done much better, instead they fell into the 'everyone hate on PS3 exclusives' bunch when they were released in 2007.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

Disgaea 3, PixelJunk Monsters, Heavenly Sword and Valkyria Chronicles sequels would all warrant a purchase from me.

Machina said:
pearljammer said:

Disgaea 3, PixelJunk Monsters, Heavenly Sword and Valkyria Chronicles sequels would all warrant a purchase from me.

Oh I forgot Monsters, shame on me :( That too!

I tried replaying from some troupies on PJM... It's almost too ridiculous.

Truthfully, I'd even be satisfied with just another expansion.

1. Demon's Souls

2. Heavenly Sword

3. Warhawk

4. Resistance 3

CGI-Quality said:

I would certainly liek a sequel to Heavenly Sword. It could end up being an Drake's Fortune - Among Thieves type situation if handled properly.

While I personally enjoyed Lair, I doubt the investment would be worth it to Sony. Then again, Two Worlds is receiving a sequel, which doesn't look half bad either, so anything is possible.

If that game got a sequel, Superman 64 should've gotten a sequel.

MrBubbles said:

i want to see a medievil on the ps3

That would be cool, a much beloved PS1 game for me; though strictly speaking outside scope for this thread. Along the same lines I'll alkways plug for a Jak sequel on PS3 (and Jak in Heroes on the Move doesn't count, in fact it's almost an insult).

I want to see a Valkyria Chronicles sequel ON PS3, a game solely for PSP might as well not exist for me (if they enable PSP games for PS3 I'll be happy with that).

Demon's Souls for sure (with Move support optional for those who want it).

Folklore (but as long as they have more voice acting in cut scenes, optional Move would work here too).

Heavenly Sword is a solid IP and certainly deserves another hit out. But it should go multiplat to improve sales.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix