By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Metroid Other M Thread

Primary difference

Spirit Tracks had a great soundtrack and I liked it more than Other M

Around the Network

I'm almost finished gathering all of the secret items to get a 100% completion rating and I've got to say I really enjoyed Other M.  From all of the negativity that was being thrown around by people I had started to question whether it would be good.  I've played nearly every Metroid game (except some handheld ones) and I didn't think it was a big departure for the series.  I don't even mind that Samus has (heaver forbid) a feminine disposition on things.  Was the story a bit melodramatic?  Yes.  Was it a terrible, boring story? No.  The gameplay was great and the upgrades felt and looked great, especially the Shinespark.  The length of the game was just fine with me as well.

It's not Metroid Prime awesome for me, but it was still a good time.  The Metroid series is held to such a high standard that any deviation in gameplay mechanics was bound to be a lightning rod for fans and critics alike.  That said, I liked that Samus felt quick and nimble and most of the time a complete badass.  Though the graphics were very polished, and the characters looked great up close, the artwork was not up to the standards of previous games in the series.  Love them or hate them, I think it's hard to dispute the great artwork in the Prime trilogy.  Prime's worlds felt more alive with more personality than Other M's.  It could just be because of Other M's setting on a single giant ship, however.  Overall, I'd definitely recommend it to all of my friends.

Just wanted to throw in my two cents.  After all, nobody on these threads is really wrong.  It's all subjective and frankly, pretty fun to read.

"Some of you are thinking that you won't fight. Others, that you can't fight. They all say that, until they're out there."
--
PIKMIN FAN CLUB MEMBER

I just finished the main game and now going into the whole 100%. The final boss fight was a pretty good throwback to Metroid II and the finishing touch to that fight was pretty darn amazing.

All in all, I loved Other M, probably as much as I did the original Prime and a bit less than Super Metroid. It ranks as my third favourite Metroid.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

RolStoppable said:
UnstableGriffin said:

Why hello there people. Back from my long break from this forum to proclaim one thing:

I really liked the game. Wasn't disappointed.

That is all from me. Just continue what you were doing before I stepped in.

You also said Spirit Tracks was amazing or something like that. This just confirms how much wrong there is with Metroid: Other M.

Uh, right. Whatever.

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.

- Douglas Adams

After deliberately slowly trekking through Metroid: Other M I can hail it as outstanding! I shall now focus on getting 100% on my save-file.

Around the Network

This Game was good, but it threw me off a little bit from its story line.

I have to admit, that it´s one of my favorit metroid games, with SM and the prime trilogy... I loved the fights, and the isolated feeling :) I don´t understand, why people are complaining that much, it is a very good game. And if Team ninja will fix some points, the sequel cpuld be nothing more than great, i mean, most of the points, people don´t like, could be easily corrected...

AND, for my mind, they didn´t mess up Samus character. I was no badass (remember the moments she stand alone on elysia and thought about the fallen hunters), and she chose to protect her earlier camerads, thats why she followed adam... And please, if she doesn´t do that, she wouldn´t have the permission to walk trough a top-secret-bottle-ship...

i think people shouldn´t make such a drama and just enjoy the game :) OTHER M has many positive aspects, and people seem to forget this ^^

This dead horse needs more flogging. A new article with a very interesting perspective on this:

http://moonbase.rydia.net/mental/blog/gaming/metroid-other-m-the-elephant/article.html

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

no, I am not reading some article just because you want your ignorant, hate-spewing opinion to feel validated. Make your own argument instead of relying on someone else. It is just SAD to still be doing this almost two months after a game is released

Aiddon said:

no, I am not reading some article just because you want your ignorant, hate-spewing opinion to feel validated. Make your own argument instead of relying on someone else. It is just SAD to still be doing this almost two months after a game is released

I have made my own arguments, no need to be so bitter.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.