By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Metroid Other M Thread

Khuutra said:

First week numbers are in for Europe.

I'm not going to use a word like "abysmal", but it debuted at like 30-35% as high as Corruption.

We'll see if the Americas respond more positively...

I'm personally shocked. I expected at least the  advertizing would go over well for a good opening. Guess it didn't, at least in that market.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

I am similarly shocked, though at this point I'm just resigned; it'll post moderately strong numbers in the Americas for a few weeks and then drop off the face of the Earth.

I thought it'd bee the third game in the series to crack 2 million. Now it looks like it might end up somewhere between Hunters and Echoes.

Wow what a terrible game.

I finished the game earlier today and really enjoyed it overall. I'm going to do a quick review like some other posters.

Pros

- Visuals are some of the Wii's best and I enjoyed the differerent environments.

- Combat was very fun overall, some bosses took multiple trys despite using the dodge mechanic.

- I thought the controls were great, really enjoyed deciding when I should go to 1st person mode.

- I enjoyed the more streamlined exploration in this game, all the back tracking in the Prime series was not enjoyable for me.

Neutral

- Story and Voice Acting. Bit of a mixed bag. The opening and closing scenes were disapointing and too long. The stuff in the middle ranged from standard video game story telling to moderately engaging.

Cons

- Hated forced 1st person sections, and having to find the things to scan.

- A little too short.

- Odd pacing in sections (often due to 1st person scanning or cut scenes).

I'd give it a score of an 8.8, very enjoyable but flaws keep it from being in the upper echelon of Nintendo's games.If there happens to be a follow up, I think the flaws could be easily improved and make it a truly great game.

This review is coming from a casual/new fan of the Metroid franchise. I've completed Prime 1 and 3, and played a little Super Metroid on VC. If I were giving an objective review of all the games, Other M would be lowest, but despite its flaws it is actually the game I had the most fun with.

This game is to Fusion what Super was to original, i've realized. Even with the guide, i didn't know Nightmare the gravity monster was due for a comeback, and then they jetison the part of the bio-research space station that houses the Metroids?

It's the same thing...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

It's a space station meant to simulate the environments of Zebes instead of SR-338

Otherwise yeah it's about the same

congratulate to you! wow, how can you do that! so great! 

i want to know something about the nintendo 3ds nds games , it need R4 cards..R4..R4...ps3 jailbreak is so cool.

Ouch. America is the most important market of course, though.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

annvin said:

congratulate to you! wow, how can you do that! so great! 

Ca..C.C..Carmina2008? 

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Demotruk said:

Ouch. America is the most important market of course, though.

My hopes aren't up. You mentioned before that if this fails commercially then it comes down to the game, and that's true: it's had better advertising support than any other Metroid I can think of.