By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games made you buy each system you own this gen?

I bought a Wii on launch b/c it looked fun and I'm happy I did.

I want the 3DS b/c of Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, and Street Fighter 4.

Around the Network

Wii - Super Mario Galaxy

DS - Pokemon D/P

i bought a 360 because of pdz... was highly disappointed with the game but loved every minute with the system

i then bought a wii for super smash bros... was highly disappointed with the system but loved the game

i almost bought a ps3 for haze... but then i lost interest the more i learned about it and the ps3 hasnt had anything else that makes me want to buy one... i would if time splitters 4 was an exclusive for it though as that would be what i was hoping haze would be like

360- Gears franchise, Halo franchise, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect franchise, Splinter Cell.

PS3- Uncharted franchise, GOW franchise, Demon Souls, FF XIII Versus, InFamous franchise, Killzone franchise.

I bought 360 for Halo 3, PS3 for Demon's Souls, Wii for Brawl, and DS for Portrait of Ruin.

Around the Network

Well I'm going to purchase the 3DS because of...well all the games lol 

Purchased me PS3 because of 

• Gran Turismo 5
  • Metal Gear Solid 4
  • God Of War 3 

Xbox 360 because of

• Halo 3
  • Gears Of War 
  • Perfect Dark Zero
  • Project Gotham Racing 3
  • Kameo

Wii because of  

• super smash Bros. Brawl
  • Trauma Center: Second Opinion
  • Wii Sports
  • WarioWare: Smooth Moves
  • Red Steel

Wii Sports

Gears Of War

Uncharted

nevermind

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

PSP: Metal Gear AC!D, FF7 Crisis Core

PS3: Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Xbox 360: Mass Effect and any Bioware Projects

Wii: Zelda

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

I usually buy my consoles when there's a single game I just can't go without.  Of course, there are plenty of must-have games that gets added to that after a while, but I always buy a console when that one game comes out.

PS3: Metal Gear Solid 4

X Box 360: Lost Odyssey

DS: Didn't buy mine.  Received as a gift with Final Fantasy III.

PSP: Final Fantasy Dissidia (Still bought Final Fantasy Tactics for it on the same day I got the system with Dissidia)

Still don't have a Wii.  Most of my family members have one.  Sometime borrow my brother's.   Will most likely get one as soon as Metroid Other M gets released, or around that time.