By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest IX Quester's League!: The Dragon Roar Guild!

themanwithnoname said:

How many people outside Japan are actually going to use it?

Exactly, Dragon Quest and the DS may be huge in Japan, but definitely not here in the U.S. If they are going to go for multiplayer again with DQX, they must realize how important Online is for NA gamers. Luckily with it being on the Wii, the chances of that happening increases.  I'm happy enough with the single player, but would definitely love to try out the multiplayer, which I probably will not be able to... ever. 

Around the Network

Its wasted potential...very amatuer move. Japan has to realize the world does not revolve around  them. somebobdy in Japan can step out there home and find millions( 4 mill to be exact) but the west that doesnt happen.. so biggest draw of DQ IX we westerners wont even get to enjoy...essentially we have have less than halve a full product by want there saying about how big this game is ARRGH!...This is worst than the Fat Princess fiasco

Well, the entire game and post-game stuff is still completely playable solo... the multiplayer is just a nice bonus/compliment. I was worried about not getting to enjoy it myself, but I've already convinced two friends to buy it! Can't wait to try out running around with them.

And Nintendo is really trying to push this game. Hopefully it'll be a grassroots thing that builds lots of momentum. If enough people are excited about it and convince others to pick up a copy... who then convince others... If Nintendo can get students hooked (from primary, high, or college dorm kids) I think it has a possibility of really taking off in the coming months. xcrossingfingersx