By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - We need to do something

I think most everyone here is mature enough that 'vulgar' words arent taken horrible.

I love the wait for posting rights. I *really* like the idea of wait... 4 or 8 hours. And then put in a verification thing with e-mail, so that way you cant sign up with bogus e-mails, wich makes it a ROYAL pain to use your 80 e-mails, check each one, to create your account ETC.

EDIT: You should say the post was edited by a mod. Or something. As it is mis-leading. If you edited one of my posts to fix a vulgar something. I would be MAD if it changed, without my knowing, and everyone thinks I wrote, was it was changed to. Just say. "EDITED BY: ***MOD" or something. or "CLEAD UP by ***MOD"

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network
Kwaad said:

I think most everyone here is mature enough that 'vulgar' words arent taken horrible.

True. But the last thing I want to see is people using such words to start and finish every sentence. Which you got to admit there are a few people like that. Not me of course!

Good to see this site is still going 

How about if the forum implements a rule where a user can only create a thread every x minutes or something?  x can be set to something reasonable like 3 or something.  This way, there would not have been 10 threads created in one minute.  This is often the rule on most forums.  In fact, most forums don't even allow more than one post every 30/45 sec

Of course, mods and privileged users can be exempt from this...

auroragb said:

How about if the forum implements a rule where a user can only create a thread every x minutes or something?  x can be set to something reasonable like 3 or something.  This way, there would not have been 10 threads created in one minute.  This is often the rule on most forums.  In fact, most forums don't even allow more than one post every 30/45 sec

Of course, mods and privileged users can be exempt from this...

i've seen in other forums they had membership "level". newbies have restrictions whereas long-time users have more priviledges.  and if someone do something that violates forum policy, hit them with a level downgrade or something. :)  it's starting to sound like a game...:P

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

I still think you shouldn't edit those posts.

And don't implement the "Level" system. It promotes elitism. 

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

Around the Network
linkthe2nd said:

I still think you shouldn't edit those posts.

And don't implement the "Level" system. It promotes elitism. 

well, the levels doesn't have to show. only the mods can see it and apply the restrictions. that makes it anonymous but yet, handles the situation to avoid newbies from spamming.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

It's rare that this thing happens, but I do believe we need a system in place to help prevent or limit the effects when they do.

I'm still all for the ability to delete or move the posts to a 'trash' folder.  I also like Kwaad's suggestion of an e-mail verification system, though that's a simple step to complete.  And maybe that's what any/all of these limits should be.  Simple to understand and not overbearing.  It's like when I put The Club on my car.  It's not going to stop a person from stealing my 1996 Accord if they really want to.  But it will stop the casual passerby or those just looking for a joy ride.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer