By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony adding more 3D multimedia options to the PS3

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ps3-getting-3d-playtv-and-photo-content

Sony has offered further details of its rollout for 3D support on PlayStation 3, including movies, PlayTV and photos.

According to Sony Europe's Mick Hocking, speaking at an event in London attended by CVG, a firmware update for Blu-ray 3D movie support will be released in September.

Support for 3D photos and video camera recordings will come by the end of 2010, he said, but he refused to specify the timing.

Beyond that, PlayTV users can expect to access 3D content through the DVR software as soon as broadcasters start offering them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sweet, Sony are pretty serious about this. I hope 3D cameras will take off so we can view pictures with depth in them.

Around the Network

It will be interesting to see if this spikes a rise in the sales of their 3D televisions just like blu ray DVDs have spiked a rise in the sale of PS3s.

This might spike a sales in the ps3,3TV owning consumers will realize"hey its doing alot for 3D and I have a 3D tv so..."

I also read somewhere something about 3D Youtube or something that might come soon to the ps3 as well..Sony isn't being half assed about this

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Was actually checking prices  of 3d tvs today and its gonna cost me approx £2300 for a 46"" LED 3d. I think Im getting it after am back from holiday in August. You can get one for less than £1000 but I wanna get one of the best available. Somehow it upgrades 2d to 3d so I wonder how Uncharted 2 is going to look in 3d?

Around the Network

well... i'm still waiting to see them 3D BR disks...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Ldn.se said:

Was actually checking prices  of 3d tvs today and its gonna cost me approx £2300 for a 46"" LED 3d. I think Im getting it after am back from holiday in August. You can get one for less than £1000 but I wanna get one of the best available. Somehow it upgrades 2d to 3d so I wonder how Uncharted 2 is going to look in 3d?

Probably good.

The effect won't be very deep, but at least it'll be the TV doing the upgrading, so the graphics themselves will not suffer.... might lose some fps though due to the TV processing...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

The PS3 is going to bring death to people who own 3DTVs? I always thought the P was silent.

Hephaestos said:
Ldn.se said:

Probably good.

The effect won't be very deep, but at least it'll be the TV doing the upgrading, so the graphics themselves will not suffer.... might lose some fps though due to the TV processing...

Do you know whats better for 3d plasma or LED?

If only they gave this much love to the PSeye ¬_¬

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?