By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Would you like to see Europe have it's own chart?

Would you like to see Europe have it's own chart?

Yes 112 73.68%

No 20 13.16%

Don't Care 20 13.16%

Total:152

I am not sure if i am the only one but do others think maybe Europe should have it's own chart/figures on here like Americas and Japan?

Bunging it in with Middle East,Asia,Africa and other regions in my opinion doesn't give a fair reflection of the trends you see there.

This is something that has bugged me for sometime here. How can you have so many continents put into one? On these forums people talk about EMEAA/Others as if they are Europe. Like you hear "360 doesn't sell in Europe" or "PS3 Only sells in Europe" etc etc. The trend there is very different from the rest of the world.

Like for example let's just take the figures this week there. 360 and PS3 have a 13k gap between them. People assume this gap must be in Europe, this assuming Europe likes PS3 more etc. When in reality the majority of the gap comes from outside Europe. To again use this weeks numbers 8k of it comes from Africa,Asia and Middle east. Which is about 65%-70%.

Would it not maybe make more sense to have Japan with asia now as the numbers are not what they once were?

As i said this is not a dig at the website or those who run it, just a personal opinion. Europe is vast, sells a shead loads of games and is very different from africa,middle east and asia.

What do others think, would you like to see Europe have it's own seperate chart?

Around the Network

The European Market being as big as America and bigger than Japan, in fact, Japan and Europe should exchange their place in others !

Can't say I'd mind it but I don't really know how feasible it would be. I would guess that the others region outside of Europe is probably the hardest area to validate, and might have too much swing, especially for its smaller numbers, to justify it being seperated. IIRC, VGC aims for a 5% margin of error, and numbers as small as outside the big 3 markets leave almost no room for error within that margin.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Americas counts All america or only NA ? i think Europe should have its own chart.

Yep.

Around the Network

Hmm?  I thought the reason for the America/Other/Japan split is because that is how the video game companies report their sales.

I don't really care. Doesn't Europe make up the vast majority of the others/EMEAA chart anyways?

Americas-Europe-Other

Japan is in decline, they are less significent than ever and will continue to diminish.

Would be interesting to hear from those few who said no. Why do you think a Europe chart should not be included?

Basically Americas and Europe are now the two biggest electronics regions on the planet, it makes sense to have them seperate. It just seems strange that say UK figures are bunged in with say Cameroons and represented as the same. By that logic why not have Japan's numbers included with Canada's? 

Yes please! Either throw the rest in with Japan or throw it into its own seperate division. Europe is too important a region to just treat as a second class citizen on this site. When I see Europe Others, all I see is "Brett doesn't know what the hell is going on over there so is fudging the numbers by throwing everything in together". True or not, thats the way I see it.