By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas (and Worldwide) up ! 3rd July

BenVTrigger said:

i hear on N4G that Reach special edition is in the works...dont know if its true but probably is...

GameStop dude , please tell me that u are not serious when u are saying that kinect is having massive pre orders :/ this is bad...

no I'm not kidding at all.  Honestly though we are seeing very few core gamers pre-ordering Kinect so far, its leaning almost entirely to the casual or female markets.  In fact I would say 90% of its sales are going to that market.  Lots of parents picking them up for youger kids.  Also our number 1 pre-ordered Kinect game is Kinectimls.  Not sure how the rest of the country is fairing, my numbers are based off of one state so things could be different in other markets mind you. 

Videogames are lost then... Kinectimals... what a shame... Well im seeing that kinect will be a sucess and Microsoft will probably go Next Gen with kinect in mind wich isnt very good...

Around the Network

very impressive xbox 360 hardware sales

Reach said:
BenVTrigger said:

i hear on N4G that Reach special edition is in the works...dont know if its true but probably is...

GameStop dude , please tell me that u are not serious when u are saying that kinect is having massive pre orders :/ this is bad...

no I'm not kidding at all.  Honestly though we are seeing very few core gamers pre-ordering Kinect so far, its leaning almost entirely to the casual or female markets.  In fact I would say 90% of its sales are going to that market.  Lots of parents picking them up for youger kids.  Also our number 1 pre-ordered Kinect game is Kinectimls.  Not sure how the rest of the country is fairing, my numbers are based off of one state so things could be different in other markets mind you. 

Videogames are lost then... Kinectimals... what a shame... Well im seeing that kinect will be a sucess and Microsoft will probably go Next Gen with kinect in mind wich isnt very good...

sony - the cool kids last stand. :(

Reach said:
BenVTrigger said:

Hey as long as we keep gettin amazing core games like Fable, Gears, Halo and others then there is no reason to worry.

I wouldn't agree with that at all.  In fact I would say that this gen the 360 is much more like the PS2 was last gen while the PS3 is more like the original Xbox.  Just because we are selling a bunch of casual games doesn't mean that core gamers aren't still coming in and buying the crap out of awesome core games.  Its just it appears MS found a nice middle of the road where they appeal to both markets. 

but either way we are getting off topic. 

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
Reach said:
BenVTrigger said:

after seing child of eden, then kincetimals, wow, it hink xbox 360 will be huge

and xbox 360 design is awesome, that's why people like it.

But how long will Microsoft keep making those ?? Reach is coming and Bungie is Leaving... Gears 3 is the end of the trilogy and i dont know if there will be any Fable 4 ... Forza Motorsport yes it will keep going ,,, Kingdoms will probably be huge game but if dont sell Microosft will shut it... i dont even know if we will ever see Alan Wake 2 , Kameo 2 or a new PD... Probably Ruffian Games are going to made Natal Games along with RaRe and BiGPArk... well i may be wrong but if Kinect sells alot Microsoft will want Tons of games for it... So Kinect Music , Kinect ... u know...

Reach said:

But how long will Microsoft keep making those ?? Reach is coming and Bungie is Leaving... Gears 3 is the end of the trilogy and i dont know if there will be any Fable 4 ... Forza Motorsport yes it will keep going ,,, Kingdoms will probably be huge game but if dont sell Microosft will shut it... i dont even know if we will ever see Alan Wake 2 , Kameo 2 or a new PD... Probably Ruffian Games are going to made Natal Games along with RaRe and BiGPArk... well i may be wrong but if Kinect sells alot Microsoft will want Tons of games for it... So Kinect Music , Kinect ... u know...

Well lets just wait and see.  I don't think MS is gonna abandon their 30 million plus hardcore crowd.

That's weird that the 360 sold the most hardware,but, was last in softwares sales.

Rhonin the wizard said:
PS3beats360 said:
kowenicki said:

360 v PS3 gap is back above 5m....

The PS3 will over take the 360 in total sales within a year. You can quote me on that one. 

The gap is around 5 million units, a year has about 52 weeks, a simple calculations tells us that on average the PS3 would have to sell over 96,000 units more than the Xbox360 to pass it. The chances are slim.

PS3beats360 is like the Sony version of Selnor, only worse.

/facepalm