By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God Of War : Ghost Of Sparta gameplay clip.

fer1317 said:

Are you stupid because that is the dumbest thing i ever heard.

Yup! too bad sony didn't reach the stupid market yet.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network
fer1317 said:

Great first post !

fer1317 said:

and why exactly would someone be stupid only because of the way you think?  whatever gives you the idea that your opinion matters so much?? wait, there is another guy who thinks sony is wasting their talent on GOW despite the raving reviews and millions of copies sold because he doesn't like it, do you guys know each other?

OT: looks promising, does anyone know what manner of creature is that glowing giant with the boulder??

Edit: I think it looks like these status in some Hindu temples.

GodOfWar_3ever said:
nitekrawler1285 said:

This game looks gorgeous, having said that I don't like the GoW series.  I would much rather have Sony make RAD do something more original.  They seem to be talented team and I feel like their talent will be wasted on this i.p. 

The 3 million plus God of War fanbase (which could be as high as 4 plus the way GoW 3 is selling) or you ?

Who is  more important ?

My ego is large enough for me to say I am FAR more important. I don't care if it sells a lot.  I play games not sales of games. Many of my favorite games never even cleared a million( or 500,000 for that matter) I want something from them that satisfies me.  This very pretty but mediocre hack n slash game is not it.  Sorry my taste isn't mainstream and thusly not worthy of importance in your opinion.

nitekrawler1285 said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
nitekrawler1285 said:

This game looks gorgeous, having said that I don't like the GoW series.  I would much rather have Sony make RAD do something more original.  They seem to be talented team and I feel like their talent will be wasted on this i.p. 

The 3 million plus God of War fanbase (which could be as high as 4 plus the way GoW 3 is selling) or you ?

Who is  more important ?

My ego is large enough for me to say I am FAR more important. I don't care if it sells a lot.  I play games not sales of games. Many of my favorite games never even cleared a million( or 500,000 for that matter) I want something from them that satisfies me.  This very pretty but mediocre hack n slash game is not it.  Sorry my taste isn't mainstream and thusly not worthy of importance in your opinion.

Mediocre series don't have metacritic ratings of 94,93 and 92.

Nobody plays sales. Only Sony does. And I was talking purely from their perspective. Cater to a 3-4 million fanbase or build a new IP to start building a fanbase from scratch.

I didn't say your opinion isn't important. But your post was a bit selfish. What you're suggesting is, not making anymore games of a franchise that people love more than you can possibly imagine. I waited 3 long years for God of War III. Every day a new trailer or a gameplay video was released, wishing I could play it right at that moment. I know a lot of people that were extremely patient for 3 years. 3 painfully long years.

I'm all for new IPs, but I don't mind more God of War, because people other than you love it. 

For some crazy reason, God of War has a lot of haters...I guess thats what you get for being the most popular slasher series right now.

Its the best selling slasher franchise in recent times, and that has made a lot of fans of other franchises jealous while I enjoy all of them I don't play sales...but it sure is nice to see your favourite games sell nicely.

Around the Network
GodOfWar_3ever said:
nitekrawler1285 said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
nitekrawler1285 said:

Who is  more important ?

Nobody plays sales. Only Sony does. And I was talking purely from their perspective. Cater to a 3-4 million fanbase or build a new IP to start building a fanbase from scratch.

I didn't say your opinion isn't important. But your post was a bit selfish. What you're suggesting is, not making anymore games of a franchise that people love more than you can possibly imagine. I waited 3 long years for God of War III. Every day a new trailer or a gameplay video was released, wishing I could play it right at that moment. I know a lot of people that were extremely patient for 3 years. 3 painfully long years.

I'm all for new IPs, but I don't mind more God of War, because people other than you love it. 

For some crazy reason, God of War has a lot of haters...I guess thats what you get for being the most popular slasher series right now.

Its the best selling slasher franchise in recent times, and that has made a lot of fans of other franchises jealous while I enjoy all of them I don't play sales...but it sure is nice to see your favourite games sell nicely.

Metacritic thank goodness does not determine what i define as quality. Though most of the time they agree with me i love plenty of lower scored games (Singstar one of my Favorite series ever is consistently in the 70 sometimes lower or higher depending on how much they like the music selection).

I speak from my perspective not Sony's.  I am not a business. I am a customer who is difficult to please.

I wasn't saying don't make more god of wars. I was saying R.A.D. seem to be able to get nice things out of the PSP console.  It would be great to see them work on something that is in my opinion better than GoW.  I would love to see what they do with their own ideas as opposed to this franchise. 

I honestly don't get any extra joy from even games I like selling well.  I mostly wish they sell well so the companies that make them can continue creating stuff. Ico nor SotC sold well and I could care less. Just because others don't share my opinion doesn't make them any less awesome games and even if more people shared my opinion it doesn't alter it one bit.  I like what i like popularity be damned.

nitekrawler1285 said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
nitekrawler1285 said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
nitekrawler1285 said:

Who is  more important ?

Metacritic thank goodness does not determine what i define as quality. Though most of the time they agree with me i love plenty of lower scored games (Singstar one of my Favorite series ever is consistently in the 70 sometimes lower or higher depending on how much they like the music selection).

I speak from my perspective not Sony's.  I am not a business. I am a customer who is difficult to please.

I wasn't saying don't make more god of wars. I was saying R.A.D. seem to be able to get nice things out of the PSP console.  It would be great to see them work on something that is in my opinion better than GoW.  I would love to see what they do with their own ideas as opposed to this franchise. 

I honestly don't get any extra joy from even games I like selling well.  I mostly wish they sell well so the companies that make them can continue creating stuff. Ico nor SotC sold well and I could care less. Just because others don't share my opinion doesn't make them any less awesome games and even if more people shared my opinion it doesn't alter it one bit.  I like what i like popularity be damned.

Metacritic doesn't define quality...yes... but I seriously doubt any game would get a 90 rating if they were mediocre. Maybe its not your cup of tea...but it doesn't mean its mediocre.

"I would much rather have Sony make RAD do something more original."

I'm not business either...I was just saying the truth when I said Sony will not make RAD make an original game. PSP, lets face it...doesn't sell software  much. Sony, I would doubt they would make a PSP game that is not guaranteed to sell pretty well.

Ico, pretty much bombed...but SotC sold more than a million, and that is awesome. It deserved more, but 1 million is enough to make profit I guess. Sales don't affect your enjoyment of a game, but wouldn't seeing SotC sell 2 million instead of 1 make you happier ?

You can like what you want. I'm perfectly fine with that. I could care less about you not liking God of War. But how would you feel if someone barges into a The Last Guardian thread to say "Team ICO is talented...but I'd rather see them work on something else because SotC was mediocre"...Sure, go ahead and say "I wouldn't care"...but you will....

btw I think SotC is an amazing game...don't misunderstand me.

GodOfWar_3ever said:
dahuman said:
Severance said:
dahuman said:

yay it's the same music again, I'm just gonna hold on to my GoW collection and 3 and forget the PSP versions are there.

Why?

I can only play the same game so many times.

While the core gameplay remains pretty much the same, GoW 2 improved a lot on GoW 1 in terms of enemy variety and boss fights and gameplay refinements....and GoW 3 pushed the bar even further..

The PSP version CoO is not a must play though. GoS looks promising.

But games in a series being similar to each other is nothing new...DMC 1, DMC 3 and DMC4 (well, DMC4 is a bit different...and a bit less enjoyable.. and excluding the abomination that is DMC2) are pretty much the same too.

The only thing GoW3 pushed was graphics improvements over 2 because it's on a much more powerful system and the annoying QTEs actually make sense now since it's on the edges of where the buttons are supposed to be instead of on the enemies. The package is pretty high quality but it failed to push all the way through it to the end. I never liked DMC, in terms of game play, Bayonetta has my vote, too bad it wasn't a finished package though.

Severance said:
Hynad said:

There has been 6 Jak games in the past.

I didn't ask how many there are on the PS3.  Naughty Dog moved on, I suggest you do the same.

Or stick to the past and replay those 6 games available on PS2 and PSP.

then you guys should move on about the stupid FFVII remake

but seriously, no , they WONT let Jak go , they're just being lazy.

their not lazy they just moved on, heck we may as well all start winging for crash to come back with the way you are going on..... also they had a jak game on psp, go out and buy it already....

dahuman said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
dahuman said:
Severance said:
dahuman said:

yay it's the same music again, I'm just gonna hold on to my GoW collection and 3 and forget the PSP versions are there.

Why?

I can only play the same game so many times.

While the core gameplay remains pretty much the same, GoW 2 improved a lot on GoW 1 in terms of enemy variety and boss fights and gameplay refinements....and GoW 3 pushed the bar even further..

The PSP version CoO is not a must play though. GoS looks promising.

But games in a series being similar to each other is nothing new...DMC 1, DMC 3 and DMC4 (well, DMC4 is a bit different...and a bit less enjoyable.. and excluding the abomination that is DMC2) are pretty much the same too.

The only thing GoW3 pushed was graphics improvements over 2 because it's on a much more powerful system and the annoying QTEs actually make sense now since it's on the edges of where the buttons are supposed to be instead of on the enemies. The package is pretty high quality but it failed to push all the way through it to the end. I never liked DMC, in terms of game play, Bayonetta has my vote, too bad it wasn't a finished package though.

Rideable creatures. And fighting more enemies at once.

Sub-weapons you'd actually use. Cestus and the Nemesis whip completely changed the gameplay style. Cestus was more of a slow down and a beat your enemies by crushing their skulls type weapon. Nemesis whip was the ZOMFG air combo weapon that was much faster than Blades of Exile.

Seamless switching of weapons mid-combo. I loved summoning a gorgon soul to freeze your enemies and following up with L1 X so Kratos would switch to the cestus and smash the stoned enemy. Just one example for the depth they added to the combat using new weapons.

Unprecedented scale. Do you really think the initial battles on gaia and the kronos battle would have been the same on PS2 ? PS2 had Atlas as a titan..but it was more like a rock than a living, breathing being.

I agree with you in the whole package thing though. Bayonetta, DMC and NG, while having amazing combat systems as said by many (personally, I think only DMC deserves the praise, as NG's gameplay is pretty meh, and my experience with Bayo is limited to the demo) are pretty meh in other departments. As a complete package, God of War is untouchable in the genre imo.