By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: Xbox 720 and Wii 2 will beat PS4 to market

VXIII said:
geddesmond2 said:
twesterm said:
snfr said:

Want to add something to my previous post.

When I first read the interview in this thread I knew that comments like "Sony just waits so that they can copy Nintendo and MS." will come up. Seriously guys, if you hate Sony then do it for your own and don't write BS like this. It's just annoying, so stop it. (Why can't this being considered trolling?! btw...)

Why?

Sony isn't keen on innovating, they'd rather let other people do that and then improve on their designs. 

They saw what Microsoft did with Live and made the PSN based off of that.  They looked at what people liked and didn't like to make it.

They saw how Nintendo captured a new marked with the Wii and made the Move.  They decided to make a Wii that the casual crowd could still enjoy but also provide games the core gamers have been screaming for.

As much as you don't like people saying it, Sony is good at taking a look at what others are doing and then trying to make it their own.

Lol ok right so Sonys the only company to do that right. Like Nintendo didn't look at Atari back in the 1970s and say hey we want in on what they've got there right and Microsoft didn't magically enter the consol market last gen either, no they've always been here right. Infact Sony never released a peripheral for the PS2 that looked like a camera and could track your movements. Nah Microsoft is the only company to have that sort of technology because they are so innovative.

I mean screw Sony. If Sony never entered the consol market it would have been a much beter place because all they did was copy every other company out there.

I know.. no matters what the case is , Sony well be just a copycat , even if they're the ones who invented and developed the DVD ( along side with Philips, Toshiba, and Time Warner for that matter) and the first ones to demonstrate an optical digital audio disc as a spin-off of laserdisc tech 3 years before any other company , and let alone the blue-ray , HDMI , CELL processor (?) , 3D ( bu bu but the Virtual Boy did it ... I'm talking about the real advanced technology ).

" This is from my other post ,,, OH there are hundreds of these people in here "

Hey don't forget Sonys walkman either lol. I mean all these kids walking around with there ipods in there ears listening to there favorite artists, (probably the artists signed to Sony Music lol) bashing Sony saying all they do is copy lol. This is why I said pure ignorance in my first post on this thread

Around the Network

its all BS. i believe future ps3 games will still be able to match games created for the xbox 720 and wii 2 considering the fact that it is currently the most powerful next gen console out of the three. that been said, when the xbox 720 or wii 2 launches the ps3 by then will be the cheapest.

zealwilx said:

its all BS. i believe future ps3 games will still be able to match games created for the xbox 720 and wii 2 considering the fact that it is currently the most powerful next gen console out of the three. that been said, when the xbox 720 or wii 2 launches the ps3 by then will be the cheapest.

You're assuming next generation means only power. This gen (and in a lesser way last gen too with DVD) proved the opposite.

I don't even think that the PS3 will be able to match next gen graphical power, but most importantly, it won't match the innovations that'll come with it.

Mummelmann said:

If so, Sony are more stupid that I thought. Here I was, thinking that perhaps this gen had taught them something.

how did this gen taught them anything about releasing late??????

Stefan.De.Machtige said:

I'm not so sure that's a wise decision.

The early launch of the PS2 was a big factor in the final win. That's the reason Microsoft did it.  

the price helped big time

and the games

MS did it but that itslef didn't help them

Around the Network

I also think Nintendo could be the aggressor and release their next console first. I bet they took a look at MS releasing the 360 first and thought, "huh.. if we would have just done that, we would probably have  over 55% of the market right now." After all, pretty much the sole reason the 360 is edging out the PS3 right now is because it has a year head start.

I think Nintendo's next console will launch in 2012, with MS shortly behind, possibly the same year or 2013, and Sony will be last with a 2014 release. I can see Sony trying to drag out the PS3 as long as possible, to a slow and painful death, to try to pile up as many PS3 sales as they can before moving on.

What's X box 720? No way MS will name thier new X box such a stupid thing.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Xbox 720 sounds really stupid... lol

Reach said:

Xbox 720 sounds really stupid... lol

In a certain way Playstation 4 is not that good also.

It's like movies, after the big 3 it looks not as cool. I don't think it'll be called that.

geddesmond2 said:
twesterm said:
snfr said:

Want to add something to my previous post.

When I first read the interview in this thread I knew that comments like "Sony just waits so that they can copy Nintendo and MS." will come up. Seriously guys, if you hate Sony then do it for your own and don't write BS like this. It's just annoying, so stop it. (Why can't this being considered trolling?! btw...)

Why?

Sony isn't keen on innovating, they'd rather let other people do that and then improve on their designs. 

They saw what Microsoft did with Live and made the PSN based off of that.  They looked at what people liked and didn't like to make it.

They saw how Nintendo captured a new marked with the Wii and made the Move.  They decided to make a Wii that the casual crowd could still enjoy but also provide games the core gamers have been screaming for.

As much as you don't like people saying it, Sony is good at taking a look at what others are doing and then trying to make it their own.

Lol ok right so Sonys the only company to do that right. Like Nintendo didn't look at Atari back in the 1970s and say hey we want in on what they've got there right and Microsoft didn't magically enter the consol market last gen either, no they've always been here right. Infact Sony never released a peripheral for the PS2 that looked like a camera and could track your movements. Nah Microsoft is the only company to have that sort of technology because they are so innovative.

I mean screw Sony. If Sony never entered the consol market it would have been a much beter place because all they did was copy every other company out there.

You really shouldn't make assumptions about what people say, especially when you quote them.

He never said Sony was the only one to do that.

The BuShA owns all!