By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Dis-recommendation Thread

Seeing a "Sticky" on the Recommendation Thread, I thought about the converse -- what games you should not want to play.

Having had a Wii for over three years and owning over 200 games for it (my list needs updating), I am generally concerned about what is really bad rather than what is really good.

So I thought I would start to see what games people think have more garbage than game play.

My first nomination for this Hall of Shame is "Cranium Kabooki." It has a great concept, but the fact that the motion controls function randomly if at all dooms this conversion of a very popular board game.

Who has next?

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

Little King's Story. Don't get it.

I know I may be stepping on a lot of people's toes right now, but seriously, the game's botched on many points, including the most important one: controls.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Damn 200 games you have more games then my entire game library o-0

probably because you have a job

I own less then 10 but I recommend not getting...Dragon Ball z tenkaichi 3 just for the online in the U.S.A one word-LAG

Madworld: the fun is all in the first 15 minutes. then it becomes boring as hell, and the game is over after a couple more hours.

Little King's Story: The game is actually good, but really not for everyone. You should try it before buying because there is a chanche you may not like it.

Super Paper Mario: a huge disappointment. it isn't a real sequel to the paper mario series. i wanted an rpg, not this odd hybrid with gimmickly gameplay.

Tenchu: Tank controls, boring story, dated gameplay, bad voice acting

Bleach: The Shattered Blade. I usually hate the term "waggle". but this one is a pure waggle fest.

Naruto: Clash Of Ninja Revolution 2. Let me say one thing. I LOVE naruto. and i loved the gekitou ninja taisen saga. when it was a japan only gamecube saga i imported all the 4 games. my favourite was 4. when they started after years to bring them over i was very happy. th first two came out on the cube. the third got the wiimake treatment, and i was higly anticipating this because it should have been the re-release of my favourite chapter. then happened a disaster. the game didn't include any of the charachters itroduced on the 4th chapter, instead we got some dumb guys created by the game developers and not by kishimoto. they reintroduced the much hated "second special when your under 40% life", that nobody really uses, and they removed the 3-men tag team matches in favour of less exciting 2-men tag team matches. HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT.

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. Bought because i liked deadly alliance on the cube. but this was a lot worse in graphics and gameplay. not tolerable.

Eledees (Elebits in the USA). Nothing more than a demo.

Dead Rising, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic And the black Knight, Nights, Death Jr., Obscure II :REALLY BAD BAD BAD GAMES

Become a fan of I Love Videogames on facebook! The most updated and fun italian videogame fanpage on facebook! click here!

Also visit I Love Videogames: a new and fresh italian videogaming site! click here!

Cheebee said:

Little King's Story. Don't get it.

That's why threads like this don't work...

Around the Network

Almost everything published by UFO, Destineer, Zoo / Zushi, Crave Entertainment, Bold Games, Popcorn Arcade, Conspiracy Entertainment, Southpeak Interactive, Phoenix Games and Midway.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Super Monkey Ball: Step 'N Roll

More annoying then Banana Blitz and the Balance Board controls are WAY oversensitive.

Of the 20 or so Wii games I've played, I've been disappointed with three:

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Beautiful world, but where's the game play?
Elebits: Felt like little more than a tech demo.
Boom Blox: Good idea, hurt by poor controls.

Gnac said:

Almost everything published by UFO, Destineer, Zoo / Zushi, Crave Entertainment, Bold Games, Popcorn Arcade, Conspiracy Entertainment, Southpeak Interactive, Phoenix Games and Midway.

Mushroom Men, was published by Southpeak and was actually decent. not great but decent.

Become a fan of I Love Videogames on facebook! The most updated and fun italian videogame fanpage on facebook! click here!

Also visit I Love Videogames: a new and fresh italian videogaming site! click here!

Wow at people not liking Elebits. I really like this game and I'm still playing it to find all the secrets. You have to think fast and try crazy things. Pure fun.

Anyway, games I don't recommend:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance:  Boring game, can be fun in multiplayer, but the graphics, sound, story and controls suck.

Ant Nation: A little sim on Wiiware..... meh.... save your money.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069