By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What's your favorite Studio Ghibli movie?

Packie said:

Mine are:

- Howl's Moving Castle

- Naussica of the vally of the wind

Fantastic films.

I think I should mention this but Studio Ghibli made other projects like an anime show called "Future Boy Conan". had anyone heard of it? It's definitely one of my favorite anime shows of all time.

i have heard of it, and i hate the fact that i haven't seen it yet!

but i saw "Heidi" on TV when i was a Kid

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

Princess Mononoke since that's the only Studio Ghibli movie I have watched. I also liked it very much.

Gonna watch the others because it piqued my interest.

Totoro, Spirited Away, Grave of the Fireflies, Only Yesterday and Whisper of the Heart are all up there as favourites. In fact, the only one I've seen which I didn't think was great was Porco Rosso.

I wish they'd release them on Blu-Ray too.

Spirited Away, Totoro and Lupin III - Castle of Cagliostro

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Laputa Caste in The Sky for that nostalgic Jules Verne feeling.

Around the Network

Toughie.

I'll say Grave, Totoro and Spirited Away - really hard to chose further between those three.  Ponyo was pretty damn great, too, as was... but no, I'll stick with those three.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Grave of The Fireflies by far.

I found Spirited Away to be too much of a trippy experience for me to enjoy it as anything else. Same for Totoro and Ponyo.

Castle of Cagliostro was pretty cool though.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

One thing I was not expecting with their movies is the soundtrack. It's simply amazing in all three of them I've seen!!

To to ro - TO TO RO! To to ro - TO TO RO! ^.^

So I just watch My Neighbour Totoro lol

Very good movie but not better than Grave of the Fireflies :)

Today I watched Kiki's Delivery Service.

It was a great movie but it's probably my least favorite from Studio Ghibli so far.