By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Obsidian wants to work on Chrono Trigger: Yay or Nay?

Obsidian wants to work on Chrono Trigger

While Obsidian is happy to be working alongside Square Enix on the latest Dungeon Siege title, studio CEO Feargus Urquhart has said that the studio would’ve been happy if they could work on Chrono Trigger.  

When asked if there was any other franchise other than Dungeon Siege that they’d like to work on, Uruqhart replied:

“If I could come across everything that I played I would have to go with Chrono Trigger. I think Chrono Trigger was one I really enjoyed,” Uruqhart told Siliconera.

Lead designer Nathan Chapman said that the developer chose the RPG because it allows for more choice than standard Japanese role-playing games.

“I think we’re going with Chrono Trigger because it has elements of a Western RPG. It’s more open, it’s still mostly linear, but there are parts you can explore more,” said Chapman. “There are lots of differences, like you can beat Lavos at different parts of the game and you get different endings based on that. There are obvious answers like dialogue trees and all of that good stuff. The seeds are there for that kind of development.”

A full interview with the two developers regarding their desire to work on Chrono Trigger can be read by way of Siliconera.

What are your thoughts? Would you like to see Obsidian develop a new Chrono Trigger title?

http://scrawlfx.com/2010/07/obsidian-wants-to-work-on-chrono-trigger

my answer is nay..I dont think SE still has what it takes to bring the chrono series back, amd i highly doubt they will

Around the Network

Keep them away from my Chrono!

Former something....

Blacksaber said:

Keep them away from my Chrono!

I agree 100% I would offically hate SE if they let anything bad haapen to chrono

I've come to the sad conclusion that they should let Chrono rest in peace.  There's no way to overcome the tremendous amount of hype that a sequel would bring with it, and it's best they just let us keep our happy memories of the original.

hell it kinda disgust me they think deserve to work on this legendary IP

Around the Network

Oh hell no >_>

CT by Obsidian = Incomplete endings (You kill Magus, instant credits), complete age cut off (you appear with Robo on 65M B.C without any reason whatsoever) and many more.

Stay away from Chrono, you heathens! *grabs a pitch-fork and a torch*

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

:Looks at alpha protocol:

:joins lestatdark with a flamethrower: 

Killy_Vorkosigan said:

:Looks at alpha protocol:

:joins lestatdark with a flamethrower: 

Forgot about alpha protocol, KOTOR 2 came directly to my mind. 

*Adds a A-Bomb to nuke the hell out of Obsidian and Wada if he approves this s*** *

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Chrono should be so lucky. Fallout 1 and 2 are two of the best rpg's ever. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

So did people just not read the article and read the headline only?