By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is Multiculturalism a failed social experiment?

Multiculturalism is a failed social experiment which has been implemented and failed dramatically in every country it has been implemented. The negative societal impact of multiculturalism can be witnessed around the world.

The minority groups are targeted by the majority within that country. Bureaucrats and governments insist on continuing on with multiculturalism and they use the good old "populate or perish" slogan.

The rise of political correctness around the world has lead to silencing of critics of the failed experiment of multiculturalism. The minority groups gain more power under the hypocrisy and contradictions of political correctness in Western society.

Anyway what are your views/opinions on multiculturalism and political correctness?

Around the Network

I live in your society I adapt my living habits to your society while I follow my own in my home or where I can. 

If you live in my society you adapt to our living habits while you continue your own culture in your own home or where you can.

I really don't see anything more being needed than that simple understanding.

oh Citizen ships of all countries should be done verbally in the native language. No translators. Written is ok for only part of it, but most should be in the local language. If I move to Korea and apply for Citizen ship my test better be verbally Korean damnd it.

I don't know. I agree it has failed, but I think that's because their is no clean slate. NA had a coloured past. So has the rest of the world. Slavery, lack of human rights.... so on. I love the idea of equality, but there are times where the bad parts of a countries past has influenced our future. The country want's to "correct" it's mistakes, but often now goes to far that it now infringes with local cultures.

Maybe if someday in the FAR future when humanity is setting up colonies on other planets. Then we can truly judge it as total failure with no way to resolve. As it is the current attempt I do agree are currently swinging towards failure. However I suspect much like a pendulum it will swing back. It's gonig to take a LONG time to stop, but it will get there.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

I'm all for multiculturlism. There's good and bad in every group. I've never seen it as an experiment. People today give the same old arguments that people gave decades ago. Just read a novel called "My Brother Jack" which deals with the Greek immigrants in Melbourne around the time of the 2nd World War. Same old issues as today. People are still as xenophobic as ever.

Multiculturism works, just not with all the cultures.

Oh, and all of the cultures in the group need to want multiculturism to work.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Yeah, as it's being practiced I'd say it's pretty much a goddamn disaster.

Around the Network

If the immigrants adjust to the countries way of life.....fine. Otherwise, it's desfinitely a disaster

PS3beats360 said:

Anyway what are your views/opinions on multiculturalism and political correctness?

Mark my words, political corectness and tolerance that went over the board will kill western society someday =)

Jokes aside, true multiculturalism as well as true cosmopolitanism is more of an ideal, a unicorn rather than actual working mechanism at this point. In fact, on many levels multiculturalism is an ideology, a dogma in, well... certain countries. Speaking about western society looking outside of it, it seems to me that a lot of people there have very tolerant yet fallacious view on what true multiculturalism is. They usually see the difference between own and "their" culture in very superficial things that could be easily incorporated in nation's own culture, often ignoring some values and background that cannot be reconciled with their own culture, 'cos they're contradictory, so one should be annihilated for the sake of survival of society in it's original form (hence the joke above). What's often inaccurately called "working multiculturalism" is, in fact, monoculturalism where other cultures are assimilated by dominant one. Values of other cultures that don't contradict national idea/dogma/values will surive, others won't.

I know this because I've witnessed a crash of what's been called "internationalism", which in it's core is very close to idea of multiculturalism (leaving out proletarian crap).

I just went to Japan for a 17-day vacation. I was around Japanese college students for days on end, talking to them, getting drunk off my ass with them, and you know what? They're exactly the same as us. As long as you're not a total jackass, and you know a good bit of the language, you can get along in almost any modern society(US, Japan, Canada, EU nations, Russia, etc.). Multiculturalism will become obsolete during this century, as the world becomes more and more homogenous culturally. We're all fucking human, which is the most important thing, and traditions/culture really make up very little of what we are in the modern world.

mai said:
PS3beats360 said:

Mark my words, political corectness and tolerance that went over the board will kill western society someday =)

Jokes aside, true multiculturalism as well as true cosmopolitanism is more of an ideal, a unicorn rather than actual working mechanism at this point. In fact, on many levels multiculturalism is an ideology, a dogma in, well... certain countries. Speaking about western society looking outside of it, it seems to me that a lot of people there have very tolerant yet fallacious view on what true multiculturalism is. They usually see the difference between own and "their" culture in very superficial things that could be easily incorporated in nation's own culture, often ignoring some values and background that cannot be reconciled with their own culture, 'cos they're contradictory, so one should be annihilated for the sake of survival of society in it's original form (hence the joke above). What's often inaccurately called "working multiculturalism" is, in fact, monoculturalism where other cultures are assimilated by dominant one. Values of other cultures that don't contradict national idea/dogma/values will surive, others won't.

I know this because I've witnessed a crash of what's been called "internationalism", which in it's core is very close to idea of multiculturalism (leaving out proletarian crap).

Political tolerance nearly killed Europe 70 years ago.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

“We will decide who comes to this country, and the circumstances in which they come"- Liberals campaign slogan for 2001 under the leadership of former Australian Prime Minister,  John Howard.

"Immigration and multiculturalism are issues that this government is trying to address, but for far too long ordinary Australians have been kept out of any debate by the major parties. I and most Australians want our immigration policy radically reviewed and that of multiculturalism abolished. I believe we are in danger of being swamped by Asians. Between 1984 and 1995, 40 % of all migrants coming into this country were of Asian origin. They have their own culture and religion, form ghettos and do not assimilate.

Of course, I will be called racist but, if I can invite whom I want into my home, then I should have the right to have a say in who comes into my country. A truly multicultural country can never be strong or united. The world is full of failed and tragic examples, ranging from Ireland to Bosnia to Africa and, closer to home, Papua New Guinea. America and Great Britain are currently paying the price." - Pauline Hanson, "Her Maiden Speech to Parliament in 1996".