By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - EU fines Sony 47M € ($69 million) for involvement in price fixing cartel

ah, you mean Enron...

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Around the Network

Sega?

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

its not the whole business just a few bad apples...but thats dosent matter to the media

Its the way of the capitalism. This political system is to blame for this kind of business tactics they try to milk the income of the consumer anyway they can. The fun part is that even in this system there are business ethics BUT no one is following them....What a joke the fine should be much more bigger for this kind of mammoth corporations. Just cut their money printing asses so they never try steal us again. We are consumers not a flak of sheep.

regin2005 said:
Why is only Sony (out of the Big 3) the only that seems to get fined and sued all the time.

Microsoft has many lawsuits against it -- both from governmental agencies as well as individuals.  With regard to the Xbox 360, there are a pile of class-action lawsuits against them for reliability and disk reading, as well as a governmental investigation was run against them because of the disc-scratching issue.

For the 360, most of Microsoft's lawsuits are about the lack of quality.  Whereas this suit against Sony is really for an unrelated business, of which Sony has many despite Bill Gates' belief that Sony just does video games.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
regin2005 said:
Why is only Sony (out of the Big 3) the only that seems to get fined and sued all the time.

Microsoft has also had its share of fines ;)

I know.  All of them has had its share in lawsuits, i think....but I've heard Sony the most.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

bdbdbd said:
By the way, how much is Micro$ofts fine at the moment? Last time i checked, EU Comission upped the fine to increase for 3 million EUR per day.

i thought it was 2 million euro's a day

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
bdbdbd said:
By the way, how much is Micro$ofts fine at the moment? Last time i checked, EU Comission upped the fine to increase for 3 million EUR per day.

It was settled this year.

Does anyone know if these usually get paid, or does it get litigated over the course of years?

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Legend11 said:
kirby007 said:
bdbdbd said:

It was settled this year.

[edit] Apparently there have been a variety of EU investigations on Microsoft since 1998ish. Including the abuse of power investigation.  At least one has been in the headlines within the last two months.

Does anyone know if these usually get paid, or does it get litigated over the course of years?

The lawyers always get paid. That's all that really matters.