By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Its time to admit it. PS3 will NEVER overtake 360.

luagh out loudf or some reason i knew it be you or seece quoting me in here i havent posted on the site for weeks now and today when i decide to boom there your are its like you guys have a magnet for my posts

3.8 by end of august it would of been 4M now but vgc adjusted long time after i made the thread so i wasnt that far off with the data i was using also it was end of 2011 take over WW for me and still is

next fall ps3 will go to $199 and you better run for cover because the sales explosions will be massive as they were in 09 when i had the same exact thing written in my sig since the end of 08

Play Me

Around the Network
BHR-3 said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

With the recent launch of the slim and Kinect coming up, 360 will see massive sales this holiday...more than the PS3 by a very large margin, increasing the gap again.

The gap is too big and the 360 will always be popular in America, no matter what price the PS3 is. 

Its obvious that the 149$ clearance sale arcade also has had a big impact in these sales.

where are you getin this info from have you not seen my coincidences thread? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=111017&page=1#6

i believe MS jumped the gun they released the 360s to soon by holidays its impact will be gone Sony will aslo release a revision Slim during the holidays id say october they may also discount 120gb to 250$ to clear em up for the new 250 and 500gb ps3s

i see ps3 winning this holiday but it will be a tight battle not like in 09 or 08 though i see PS3 passing 360 WW late 2011 worse case sometime in 2012

A revision from 120 -> 250GB means about 0 to the average console gamer. Especially when they can just as easily increase the HDD size if they want to. The Xbox 360 S is a meaningful difference, doubling the HDD size when the majority don't even fill their current consoles HDD is of little value. The median HDD size on consoles this generation is 512MB.

Tease.

BHR-3 said:

luagh out loudf or some reason i knew it be you or seece quoting me in here i havent posted on the site for weeks now and today when i decide to boom there your are its like you guys have a magnet for my posts

3.8 by end of august it would of been 4M now but vgc adjusted long time after i made the thread so i wasnt that far off with the data i was using also it was end of 2011 take over WW for me and still is

next fall ps3 will go to $199 and you better run for cover because the sales explosions will be massive as they were in 09 when i had the same exact thing written in my sig since the end of 08

I really worry about you sometimes ... don't take this so seriously. and I asure you, me and kowen don't care enough to "run for cover" sales don't consume us, I'm starting to think it's a different story for you.

That said your other post, Sony gonna bring out a revised slim and Microsoft isn't? other way around buddy, a $199, possibly $149 arcade launching with Kinect will cause a massive upsurge.

It's pretty .... how should I put it? hopeful, to be thinking sony's low PS3 sales atm are due to stock problems. Slim launched last september, they are selling less than 600k a month, there are no stock problems BHR.

Price cuts taper off fast this gen, that much we've learnt from all 3 consoles, so you hopeing $199 is going to explode it's sales, sure for a month or two, but if they have little else to offer, they'll taper off even faster.

This is why Kinect is key to Microsoft's success, this price cut and slim on it's own wouldn't have sustained past June next year, but IF kinect is a hit, IF, then it will sustaine sales for years to come, much like the wii did.

The other key here is casuals, the wider audience, something the move won't achieve this holiday with a $400 price point.

Squilliam said:
BHR-3 said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

With the recent launch of the slim and Kinect coming up, 360 will see massive sales this holiday...more than the PS3 by a very large margin, increasing the gap again.

The gap is too big and the 360 will always be popular in America, no matter what price the PS3 is. 

Its obvious that the 149$ clearance sale arcade also has had a big impact in these sales.

where are you getin this info from have you not seen my coincidences thread? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=111017&page=1#6

i believe MS jumped the gun they released the 360s to soon by holidays its impact will be gone Sony will aslo release a revision Slim during the holidays id say october they may also discount 120gb to 250$ to clear em up for the new 250 and 500gb ps3s

i see ps3 winning this holiday but it will be a tight battle not like in 09 or 08 though i see PS3 passing 360 WW late 2011 worse case sometime in 2012

A revision from 120 -> 250GB means about 0 to the average console gamer. Especially when they can just as easily increase the HDD size if they want to. The Xbox 360 S is a meaningful difference, doubling the HDD size when the majority don't even fill their current consoles HDD is of little value. The mean HDD size on consoles this generation is 512MB.

unfortunately for you squilliuam thats not the only thing changing wireless N and additional usb ports will be added now you right it wont have a huge effect like the 360S but its essensially a price drop 250gb are 349 now they will be 299 in the fall and stock of 120gb will drop to 249 to clear out the combo will be enough to outsell 360WW for the rest of the holidays this is all BHR-3 theory but lets not forget this stat gt5 every time a gt game has released past gens PS HW was higher than the previous year now ps3 sold close to13m all of last year what does that mean for this year

doesnt matter 360 has never sold more than 11m in a year and its been at $199 and was even cheaper in EU in 08 PS3 has already shown us close to 13m in year sold with a freaking 299 price tag  whats going to happen at 199$? it only a matter of time b4 ps3>360 WW and the data shows it and everyone will look back at this thread and have a big laugh at loud theres no reason for never to be capitalized in the title unless data shows that its 100% impossible that ps3 will pass 360 and if the thread creator did it for the posts guess what you dont get points for big threads anymore

Play Me

Seece said:
BHR-3 said:

I really worry about you sometimes ... don't take this so seriously. and I asure you, me and kowen don't care enough to "run for cover" sales don't consume us, I'm starting to think it's a different story for you.

That said your other post, Sony gonna bring out a revised slim and Microsoft isn't? other way around buddy, a $199, possibly $149 arcade launching with Kinect will cause a massive upsurge.

It's pretty .... how should I put it? hopeful, to be thinking sony's low PS3 sales atm are due to stock problems. Slim launched last september, they are selling less than 600k a month, there are no stock problems BHR.

Price cuts taper off fast this gen, that much we've learnt from all 3 consoles, so you hopeing $199 is going to explode it's sales, sure for a month or two, but if they have little else to offer, they'll taper off even faster.

This is why Kinect is key to Microsoft's success, this price cut and slim on it's own wouldn't have sustained past June next year, but IF kinect is a hit, IF, then it will sustaine sales for years to come, much like the wii did.

The other key here is casuals, the wider audience, something the move won't achieve this holiday with a $400 price point.

if sales dont consume ya'll you wouldnt be jumping on everyones pro ps3 sales comments as you just did with mine now i came here and posted my thoughts on what will happen and how the thread title will be incorrect i never qouted other people in the thread and bashed there thoughts like kowen nor do i go out of my way to report people if they say negative things about my console of choice you would run for cover there you go again with your sales consumption mind only someone whos really consumed in it would take that seriously 

as for the rest of your post where did i ever say ps3 is having stock promblems in this thread or any where recently?

it doesnt matter if MS brings a 360s arcade everyone that wants the new version of the console will have already bought it during the summer via 360S 250gb thats why sales are so high now thats why i said MS jumped the gun they should of released 360s sept or later if they wanted higher sales during the holiday months

kenict is key to success and words like "IF", buddy "if" kenict will be so big like you say why doesnt your sig have any kenict games in it?

all your post is ifs and hopes and wishes my posts show factual data ps3 sales rise each year and have already beaten 360s total year sales with a 299 price tag no ifs or buts form me

if you think 360S arcade will release with kenict bundled for 149$ or even 199 its not even worth my time to even post with you guys

Play Me

Around the Network
BHR-3 said:
Seece said:
BHR-3 said:

if sales dont consume ya'll you wouldnt be jumping on everyones pro ps3 sales comments as you just did with mine now i came here and posted my thoughts on what will happen and how the thread title will be incorrect i never qouted other people in the thread and bashed there thoughts like kowen nor do i go out of my way to report people if they say negative things about my console of choice you would run for cover there you go again with your sales consumption mind only someone whos really consumed in it would take that seriously 

as for the rest of your post where did i ever say ps3 is having stock promblems in this thread or any where recently?

it doesnt matter if MS brings a 360s arcade everyone that wants the new version of the console will have already bought it during the summer via 360S 250gb thats why sales are so high now thats why i said MS jumped the gun they should of released 360s sept or later if they wanted higher sales during the holiday months

kenict is key to success and words like "IF", buddy "if" kenict will be so big like you say why doesnt your sig have any kenict games in it?

all your post is ifs and hopes and wishes my posts show factual data ps3 sales rise each year and have already beaten 360s total year sales with a 299 price tag no ifs or buts form me

if you think 360S arcade will release with kenict bundled for 149$ or even 199 its not even worth my time to even post with you guys

So if we reply, debate, or post about sales, we're consumed? Get a perspective BHR.

Why doesn't my sig have any kinect games in it? Because I'm looking forward to those 6 games more, my sig doesn't influence what's going to happen in the outside world BHR 0_0

Not only are your posts difficult to read because you refuse to use any punctuation, but you just babble on about nothingness and irrelevence.

I don't think anyone here ever has said Kinect 360 bundle for $149. $199 would be the best case scenario.

a $149 arcade is entirely possible and most likely, a $99 kinect is possible, and a $50 discount in the bundle is possible. None of those are wildly optimistic, they're all perfectly possible. But Like I said, best case scenario, I'm not going to suggest a bet with you, but I expect to see a $249 bundle on the market this christmas, at worst $299. I think Microsoft are more aggressive than that though.

I highly doubt the PS3 will pass the 360  before the next console from Microsoft is released, and the argument become irrelivant.

I think most people would get behind that. :P

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

BHR-3 said:

unfortunately for you squilliuam thats not the only thing changing wireless N and additional usb ports will be added now you right it wont have a huge effect like the 360S but its essensially a price drop 250gb are 349 now they will be 299 in the fall and stock of 120gb will drop to 249 to clear out the combo will be enough to outsell 360WW for the rest of the holidays this is all BHR-3 theory but lets not forget this stat gt5 every time a gt game has released past gens PS HW was higher than the previous year now ps3 sold close to13m all of last year what does that mean for this year

doesnt matter 360 has never sold more than 11m in a year and its been at $199 and was even cheaper in EU in 08 PS3 has already shown us close to 13m in year sold with a freaking 299 price tag  whats going to happen at 199$? it only a matter of time b4 ps3>360 WW and the data shows it and everyone will look back at this thread and have a big laugh at loud theres no reason for never to be capitalized in the title unless data shows that its 100% impossible that ps3 will pass 360 and if the thread creator did it for the posts guess what you dont get points for big threads anymore

Look at the differences in an objective manner:

Xbox 360 S:

• No wireless vs wireless -> Noticeable improvement.
  • 25-50% percieved reduction in noise -> Noticeable improvement.
  • 0/20/60GB HDD vs 250GB -> Noticeable improvement for upgraders.
  • HDD transfer cable included -> Makes upgrading to new console EASY.
  • Losing much of the reliability stigma -> Noticeable improvement.
  • More USB ports -> Marginal

PS3 250GB revision @ $299

• Wireless G -> N -> Marginal
  • Upgraded HDD side -> Marginal.

A temporary 17% reduction in price isn't a significant change. Its not going to make many people jump, especially given the fact that the console is already affordable.

One thing you're missing completely is the fact that the Xbox 360 sales have been consistant inspite a reduction in cost of only 33% for the Xbox 360 Arcade and only 25% for the top tier console. Sales have remained consistant throughout the years because Microsoft has been successful in increasing the value of the console to keep sales steady without relying on price cuts. Sales now are relatively the same compared to last year and yet the console hasn't had a price cut since late 2008.

Don't rely on past precedent, it'll only lead you astray. Chances are this year could be the peak year for the Xbox 360 considering its already pushing ahead of last years sales and setting itself up for a very strong Christmas. Yet past precedent says that a 2nd place console should NOT have its peak year in year 5.

Tease.

Seece said:
Jo21 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
kowenicki said:
Mr Puggsly said:
kowenicki said:

oops... wrong again huh?

so.. MS is sitting on $5.8Bn losses... which they can pretty much afford as it represents about 1/3 of their annual profits

Sony (despite their gaming dominance over the years) is sitting on cumulative losses of around $2bn.  

those two numbers will move closer togtehr over the next 2 years too.

Am I reading this chart right?

It seems the 360 could potentially be profitable by the end of this gen.

While Sony lost all the profits from the PS2 and then some.

You are reading it correctly...  and whats more MS will post a bigger profit this FY than Playstation ever managed in a single year.

I knew the PS3 was a huge financial failure... but this is unbelieveable.

To make matters worse, Sony isn't done losing money yet.

original xbox lost even more money. :p

we are in economy crisis, sony didn't have alost in 14 years and when they did was because they bought columbia

Actually you're wrong, original xbox lost $4.2 billion using these figures. PS3 has lost Sony $5 billion, and thats with the PS2 and PSP profiting, it's more than likely PS3 has lost around 6/7 $billion.

i read xbox total looses are up to total  7bm considering extended warranty was 1.2b with the 360

@squilliam because the original ps3 already had all those features. it simply more bang for the money.

add blu ray player, and ability to use any 2.5HDD, sony recently added a a way tranfer files without having to buy or get a tranfer cable. :D

i think 360 already peaked, unless kinect starts doing everything it does in the introduction video perfectly, and hyped like the iphone (which sales are just in normal with phones like n95). most game are sequels, of games already in the console. software wise they will do awesome.

gears especially but that will release in 2011, and it wont move hardware.

Squilliam said:
BHR-3 said:

Look at the differences in an objective manner:

Xbox 360 S:

• No wireless vs wireless -> Noticeable improvement.
  • 25-50% percieved reduction in noise -> Noticeable improvement.
  • 0/20/60GB HDD vs 250GB -> Noticeable improvement for upgraders.
  • HDD transfer cable included -> Makes upgrading to new console EASY.
  • Losing much of the reliability stigma -> Noticeable improvement.

PS3 250GB revision @ $299

• Wireless G -> N -> Marginal
  • Upgraded HDD side -> Marginal.

A temporary 17% reduction in price isn't a significant change. Its not going to make many people jump, especially given the fact that the console is already affordable.

One thing you're missing completely is the fact that the Xbox 360 sales have been consistant inspite a reduction in cost of only 33% for the Xbox 360 Arcade and only 25% for the top tier console. Sales have remained consistant throughout the years because Microsoft has been successful in increasing the value of the console to keep sales steady without relying on price cuts. Sales now are relatively the same compared to last year and yet the console hasn't had a price cut since late 2008.

Don't rely on past precedent, it'll only lead you astray. Chances are this year could be the peak year for the Xbox 360 considering its already pushing ahead of last years sales and setting itself up for a very strong Christmas. Yet past precedent says that a 2nd place console should NOT have its peak year in year 5.

I still find it most amusing BHR thinks PS3 and Sony can get away with dropping the price $200 in the space of 2 years, but Microsoft can't do $50 in the same time? Even though, the PS3 is only JUST now profitable, and the 360's been profitable for years.

WHERE IS THE LOGIC SQUILL, TELL ME WHERE YOU'VE HIDDEN THE LOGIC!