By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Its time to admit it. PS3 will NEVER overtake 360.

kowenicki said:
oldschoolfool said:
Fumanchu said:
psrock said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Come on, VGC is a page about sales.

NOW psrock is like: sales don't matter.

If so, why did you make more than 8000 posts on this page? VGC got bigger with reviews, previews, hands on etc etc but the core is about the sales.

I did not say sales doesn't matter, I am saying we need to move on from the same disscussion we've been having for years now.

I'm bored by the whole 360 VS PS3 talk. The same threads, same post, same thing over and over again.The site has already killed the best parts of what makes it fun, now I have to deal with fanboys war almost at a daily basis.

This is my view:

This Generation is already set : Wii, 360, PS3, That's order and that's the way it's going to end. I have accepted this a long time ago.

You know what makes these threads so big? All the people choosing to enter them to scream "who cares?" This is not the same dicussion as in the past because people are dicussing current market trends with current sales figures, as provided by this site in the 'Sales Dicussions'.  There's absolutely nothing stopping you from choosing to ignore them in a blissful ignorance in all the other forums here.  If you're so bitter and bored why don't you go somewhere else. 

That's what I said. zing!!!!!!!!!!

"who cares".... and yet....

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=112309&page=3 

I did'nt make that thread,so what's your point. lol

Around the Network
oldschoolfool said:
kowenicki said:
oldschoolfool said:
Fumanchu said:
psrock said:
DirtyP2002 said:

If so, why did you make more than 8000 posts on this page? VGC got bigger with reviews, previews, hands on etc etc but the core is about the sales.

I did not say sales doesn't matter, I am saying we need to move on from the same disscussion we've been having for years now.

I'm bored by the whole 360 VS PS3 talk. The same threads, same post, same thing over and over again.The site has already killed the best parts of what makes it fun, now I have to deal with fanboys war almost at a daily basis.

This is my view:

This Generation is already set : Wii, 360, PS3, That's order and that's the way it's going to end. I have accepted this a long time ago.

You know what makes these threads so big? All the people choosing to enter them to scream "who cares?" This is not the same dicussion as in the past because people are dicussing current market trends with current sales figures, as provided by this site in the 'Sales Dicussions'.  There's absolutely nothing stopping you from choosing to ignore them in a blissful ignorance in all the other forums here.  If you're so bitter and bored why don't you go somewhere else. 

He's attacking me. But which is funny because I was helping Selnor who is banned finish something he started.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:

I've gone somewhere else. Don't worry about it. I don't post nearly as often, but I still have fond memories and come here because this site offers things no othere sites do which I enjoy. I will still come by from time to times if you allow me.

Don't patronize me.  Believe it or not there are actually people here interested in having a discussion and they don't want to have to weed through all the bullshit irrelevant comments from bitter and conceited people that they can't see past themselves.  This thread is fucked now and off topic and needs to be closed.

kowenicki said:
psrock said:
oldschoolfool said:
kowenicki said:
oldschoolfool said:
Fumanchu said:
psrock said:
DirtyP2002 said:

I

He's attacking me. But which is funny because I was helping Selnor who is banned finish something he started.

dont be so paranoid. I'm not attacking you.

I am illustrating that your "who cares" stance only applies to negative sony data and not to positive sony data. 

would you be "helping" selnor if it was coming out the other way?  doubt it... seriously doubt it.

positive Sony data?

You lost me there. I am not you. I don't support blindly because of the company. I have ranted many times on Sony for their lack of competitiveness.Their failure to support the PSP. How they have lost touch with what consumers want.  Look at the weekly sales for this week, I congratulated MS on a job well done. I think very highly of MS and avoid bashing them any chance I get like you do with Sony. Don't compare me to you, we have very different records in this site.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

psrock, just because someone is a fan of a company doesn't mean they're "blinded"

I like Microsoft as a company, in fact I find their history facisnating, I've done a lot of research on them, I like their products and I like to support them and see them do well, if they ever fucked me over though I wouldn't blindly let it slide ...

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
kowenicki said:
Mr Puggsly said:
kowenicki said:

oops... wrong again huh?

so.. MS is sitting on $5.8Bn losses... which they can pretty much afford as it represents about 1/3 of their annual profits

Sony (despite their gaming dominance over the years) is sitting on cumulative losses of around $2bn.  

those two numbers will move closer togtehr over the next 2 years too.

Am I reading this chart right?

It seems the 360 could potentially be profitable by the end of this gen.

While Sony lost all the profits from the PS2 and then some.

You are reading it correctly...  and whats more MS will post a bigger profit this FY than Playstation ever managed in a single year.

I knew the PS3 was a huge financial failure... but this is unbelieveable.

To make matters worse, Sony isn't done losing money yet.

original xbox lost even more money. :p

we are in economy crisis, sony didn't have alost in 14 years and when they did was because they bought columbia

Jo21 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
kowenicki said:
Mr Puggsly said:
kowenicki said:

oops... wrong again huh?

so.. MS is sitting on $5.8Bn losses... which they can pretty much afford as it represents about 1/3 of their annual profits

Sony (despite their gaming dominance over the years) is sitting on cumulative losses of around $2bn.  

You are reading it correctly...  and whats more MS will post a bigger profit this FY than Playstation ever managed in a single year.

we are in economy crisis, sony didn't have alost in 14 years and when they did was because they bought columbia

Actually you're wrong, original xbox lost $4.2 billion using these figures. PS3 has lost Sony $5 billion, and thats with the PS2 and PSP profiting, it's more than likely PS3 has lost around 6/7 $billion.

Jo21 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
kowenicki said:
Mr Puggsly said:
kowenicki said:

oops... wrong again huh?

But its not done losing money. It'll eventually be an even bigger financial failure than the original Xbox.

MS actually made a step up. Sony dominated the past two gens and crashed.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

There comes a point as a gamer you discover that gaming is about making yourself happy, if you can't enjoy awesome games like Uncharted 2, God of War3, Killzone 2, and MGS4 because the PS3 isn't out selling the 360 it's sad. I care about games....not sales!

GodOfWar_3ever said:

With the recent launch of the slim and Kinect coming up, 360 will see massive sales this holiday...more than the PS3 by a very large margin, increasing the gap again.

The gap is too big and the 360 will always be popular in America, no matter what price the PS3 is. 

Its obvious that the 149$ clearance sale arcade also has had a big impact in these sales.

where are you getin this info from have you not seen my coincidences thread? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=111017&page=1#6

i believe MS jumped the gun they released the 360s to soon by holidays its impact will be gone Sony will aslo release a revision Slim during the holidays id say october they may also discount 120gb to 250$ to clear em up for the new 250 and 500gb ps3s

i see ps3 winning this holiday but it will be a tight battle not like in 09 or 08 though i see PS3 passing 360 WW late 2011 worse case sometime in 2012

Play Me