By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Its time to admit it. PS3 will NEVER overtake 360.

thismeintiel said:
Mr Puggsly said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

ps3 doomed? again? :S man that sounds familiar

I still say its doomed. I mean just bearing in mind its a horrible financial failure.

Well, if you're going to go with that as the standard for what a doomed console is, then I guess the 360 is doomed, as well.  It still hasn't come close to making back the billions lost from the original X-Box or the billions lost from its own first years of being on the market.  So far, the X-Box brand has yet to be profitable.  Something that has led some of MS's investors to cry out for them to drop out of the console market and put more focus on maintaining its OS marketshare.  If Kinect proves not to be the success MS hoping for, you can expect to hear more investors crying out for the same thing.

At least on a positive for Sony, the Playstation brand, as a whole, has still remained profitable. 

No actually, PS3's nearly wiped out all the profits from PS1, PS2 and PSP combined.  Not quite, but another year or two of losses, and we might be there.

360 won't ever manage to make the whole Xbox project profitable (though that's more clouded due to Zune and other loss leading products being in the division), but 360 on it's own will likely be profitable by the time this generation ends.  Same can't really be said for PS3.

edit: lol, I'm late as usual.  Looks like this ground has already been well treaded in the thread. <3

Around the Network
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
kowenicki said:
tinybigman108 said:
AngelosL said:

I dont care about the sales as long as Sony keeps releasing quality titles

OMG somebody who gets it that we can't play sales but qualiy games.  and thats something sony will always have over microsoft since they themselves are shutting down studios or just outright letting them go.

those happy about sales of a piece of plastic are sad imo.

It is a discussion about financials... it isn't about being happy or sad about it.  if you dont like the conversation you have the option to leave it.  There is room for discussions like this and there are plenty of discussion then major on the games them selves.

If you are naive enough to think the financial aspect doesnt matter then fine.. but it does, this is a business first and foremost.

No, this thread is the same thread made in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and soon 2011.

We keep disscussing the same thing over and over again. We repeat the same shit so many times. The sad thing, these are the treads that get huge post in this site now. This thread has more comment than the NPD thread sadly.

The truth is,  no matter where MS or Sony stands at the end of this Gen, they both lost. Sony has lost more OBVIOUSLY, it's been a disaster for them.  But in the end, we take this stuff way too seriously.

Well, like I said above, Microsoft should come out profitable this gen (not overall obviously) but the 360 should be.

So what?

what does it do for me or you?

Will that stop Sony from releasing the PS4?  I really can't wait for next Gen anyway, to see the xbox sporting a blu-ray drive.

I was refering to your point about losing, if they come out with the 360 being profitable overall, they havn't lost IMO.

I don't really care for BR btw

Edit - and actually, I do care. I think Sony can get away with losing billions without questioning if there will be a PS4, I feel if Microsoft lost this gen like last gen (coming out with 4 bill losses) then they wouldn't be around next gen.

I'd frame it around the performance overall rather than just profitability.  GameCube was profitable, and no way in hell should that platform be considered a "win" for Nintendo.

360 will finish this generation having likely tripled Xbox 1 sales, and become the primary platform for development within the 3rd party community.  It's also managed to get most of the formerly PS2 or GC exclusive brands on it (Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, Ace Combat, Tekken, Tales, Virtua Fighter, etc, etc) and Microsoft also managed their own first 10 million seller on it (Halo 3).  Looking at how far they've come, I'm not sure how one could consider 360 anything but a "win" for Microsoft.  They aren't market leader, but they haven't declined in the least either, it's been nothing but up for Xbox this gen.

Come on, VGC is a page about sales.

NOW psrock is like: sales don't matter.

If so, why did you make more than 8000 posts on this page? VGC got bigger with reviews, previews, hands on etc etc but the core is about the sales.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:

If so, why did you make more than 8000 posts on this page? VGC got bigger with reviews, previews, hands on etc etc but the core is about the sales.

yes sales matter on vgchartz. They don't matter if you enjoy your system/game. I've bought games that tanked sales wise,but I enjoyed them. lol

DirtyP2002 said:

I did not say sales doesn't matter, I am saying we need to move on from the same disscussion we've been having for years now.

I'm bored by the whole 360 VS PS3 talk. The same threads, same post, same thing over and over again.The site has already killed the best parts of what makes it fun, now I have to deal with fanboys war almost at a daily basis.

This is my view:

This Generation is already set : Wii, 360, PS3, That's order and that's the way it's going to end. I have accepted this a long time ago.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
jarrod said:
thismeintiel said:
Mr Puggsly said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

ps3 doomed? again? :S man that sounds familiar

I still say its doomed. I mean just bearing in mind its a horrible financial failure.

Well, if you're going to go with that as the standard for what a doomed console is, then I guess the 360 is doomed, as well.  It still hasn't come close to making back the billions lost from the original X-Box or the billions lost from its own first years of being on the market.  So far, the X-Box brand has yet to be profitable.  Something that has led some of MS's investors to cry out for them to drop out of the console market and put more focus on maintaining its OS marketshare.  If Kinect proves not to be the success MS hoping for, you can expect to hear more investors crying out for the same thing.

At least on a positive for Sony, the Playstation brand, as a whole, has still remained profitable. 

No actually, PS3's nearly wiped out all the profits from PS1, PS2 and PSP combined.  Not quite, but another year or two of losses, and we might be there.

360 won't ever manage to make the whole Xbox project profitable (though that's more clouded due to Zune and other loss leading products being in the division), but 360 on it's own will likely be profitable by the time this generation ends.  Same can't really be said for PS3.

edit: lol, I'm late as usual.  Looks like this ground has already been well treaded in the thread. <3

M$ has already made a lot of money on 360. We are talking big big money, so im not even sure what you are getting at. PS3 has lost a lot of money for Sony yeah, but its currently making profit.

psrock said:
DirtyP2002 said:

I did not say sales doesn't matter, I am saying we need to move on from the same disscussion we've been having for years now.

I'm bored by the whole 360 VS PS3 talk. The same threads, same post, same thing over and over again.The site has already killed the best parts of what makes it fun, now I have to deal with fanboys war almost at a daily basis.

This is my view:

This Generation is already set : Wii, 360, PS3, That's order and that's the way it's going to end. I have accepted this a long time ago.

You don't have to deal with fanboys war on a daily basis,just don't log on to vgchartz. lol

psrock said:
DirtyP2002 said:

This is my view:

You know what makes these threads so big? All the people choosing to enter them to scream "who cares?" This is not the same dicussion as in the past because people are dicussing current market trends with current sales figures, as provided by this site in the 'Sales Dicussions'.  There's absolutely nothing stopping you from choosing to ignore them in a blissful ignorance in all the other forums here.  If you're so bitter and bored why don't you go somewhere else. 

Fumanchu said:
psrock said:
DirtyP2002 said:

This is my view:

You know what makes these threads so big? All the people choosing to enter them to scream "who cares?" This is not the same dicussion as in the past because people are dicussing current market trends with current sales figures, as provided by this site in the 'Sales Dicussions'.  There's absolutely nothing stopping you from choosing to ignore them in a blissful ignorance in all the other forums here.  If you're so bitter and bored why don't you go somewhere else. 

That's what I said. zing!!!!!!!!!!

Fumanchu said:
psrock said:
DirtyP2002 said:

This is my view:

I've gone somewhere else. Don't worry about it. I don't post nearly as often, but I still have fond memories and come here because this site offers things no othere sites do which I enjoy. I will still come by from time to times if you allow me.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)