By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - $ony: Playstation Home is quite profitable

CGI-Quality said:
Kynes said:
Wagram said:
oldschoolfool said:
Wagram said:

There was a kid I went to school with who absolutely loves home. He is still on my FL. and he is on it all day. Always talked about buying the new goodies and stuff. I don't like that stuff but all power to him.

Good to see Sony is making money off of it. I really enjoy the media thing in home though.

It's a failure and a waste of time. lol

Profitable = Failure?

Man your logic is twisted.

There are many people here that consider Gamecube or Wii a failure.

Doesn't make that logic any less flawed, or in this case, "twisted".

All BS aside, as long as they continue to make money, the service was/is/and will continue to be, a success.

With the same approach, PS3 is an utter failure.

Around the Network

I think the PS3 can be called a failure by Sony. But as a Gamer I can't. Because the games library is just incredible. Not as good as PS2, but still good!

CGI-Quality said:
Kynes said:
CGI-Quality said:
Kynes said:
Wagram said:
oldschoolfool said:
Wagram said:

There was a kid I went to school with who absolutely loves home. He is still on my FL. and he is on it all day. Always talked about buying the new goodies and stuff. I don't like that stuff but all power to him.

Good to see Sony is making money off of it. I really enjoy the media thing in home though.

It's a failure and a waste of time. lol

Profitable = Failure?

Man your logic is twisted.

There are many people here that consider Gamecube or Wii a failure.

Doesn't make that logic any less flawed, or in this case, "twisted".

All BS aside, as long as they continue to make money, the service was/is/and will continue to be, a success.

With the same approach, PS3 is an utter failure.

Depends on what angle you're approaching that from. From a financial standpoint, there is no question that the system has been a thorn in Sony's side. It also nearly tanked the brand name that is PlayStation. However, it's now, apparently, making back some cash, has a healthy line-up of titles, and will be finishing out the gen like all the other consoles (something past "utter" failures couldn't achieve, such as the Dreamcast). In that sense, I wouldn't call it an "utter" failure.

That said, I'm not sure how that relates to what you and I quoted prior, then again, I don't have much time to argue it either.

What I'm trying to imply is that we, as gamers, should have a different approach to Home than Sony, if it's real that they're making money, you can always think that it's money that could be spent in making more first party games. You (and I'm not referring to you, CGI, but the gamers in general) can't change the way of approaching a problem to always look in the most beneficial way or worst possible way. You have to maintain a constant way of thinking, even when it doesn't put your company in the best light, and in that sense, even when Home could make money, it should be considered a failure in the eyes of most of the people here.

Playstation home actually came out? Didn't even know that, ah well guess its easy to miss something you give a rats ass about.

I went on Home once, got bored after 10 mins of loading, never been on it since.

I play PC and PS3. The best of both worlds.

Around the Network

Without specifics, we don't know if he is talking about the business of virtual items or the whole of Home. I can see the virtual items being very profitable, but is that enough to cover the ongoing development of the system and environments? Has that been enough to cover all the development costs over the years? We don't have that information from this article.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

I don't buy virtual stuff but I do enjoy winning it either in my games I buy or the games included in home.

Home is a great business model Sony makes money on every piece of virtual stuff you buy, they make money from ads, developers use it to showcase their games and they make money off of all the virtual stuff they sell. Is Home the landmark app Sony claimed, NO but it is a profitable little model.

Plus if the rumors are true Sony is considering direct Facebook and Twitter interaction with home linking peoples home space with their wall.

Carl2291 said: Well... That's that.Looks like we can finally bury the "Home is a pointless flop and i hate it and want to poo all over its face" stance.

oldschoolfool said: poo all over it's face???? that's just sick. lol

Or is it? 

Edit:  Whoa!  What the hell happened to the Quote Button?  Let me just clean this up a bit.

I haven't used Home for such a long time.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E