What you said 6 9.09%

The airstrike murders 9 13.64%

The glitches/glitchers 11 16.67%

Campers &/or boosters 17 25.76%

Monkey knifers 10 15.15%

Something else 13 19.70%

Total:66
yo_john117 said:
Thats another thing that's stupid about MW2.  A good game lets all the players start on an even playing field.

But what i'm saying is that it doesn't take that much skill to be good at the game.  The game rewards people for hiding around corners with shotguns or hiding somewhere with a sniper.  Basically how it works is whoever sees the other guy first will win.

In what game is getting the drop on someone NOT a powerful advantage? 

And I don't think we're working off the same definition of "noob". 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Why not just make a custom class with cold blooded and a rocket launcher? That solved many of my problems and gave me quite a few extra points

I am not really a huge fan of online multiplayer games, but I have no hate for MW 2. It pisses me off occassionally, but luckily there is a solution, STOP PLAYING IT

Final-Fan said:
yo_john117 said:
Thats another thing that's stupid about MW2.  A good game lets all the players start on an even playing field.

But what i'm saying is that it doesn't take that much skill to be good at the game.  The game rewards people for hiding around corners with shotguns or hiding somewhere with a sniper.  Basically how it works is whoever sees the other guy first will win.

I'm basically saying the game is more about luck then skill...

Lack of dedicated servers, no modding tools, requiring Steam (I like Steam, but I don't like that some games require it), dumbed down for consoles (a problem since CoD2), bad maps, some weapons are over-powerful while others just suck, too easy to "cheat."

"It's not cheating if it's in the game."

Fuck you. Camping is cheating. Lightweight Marathon Commando is cheating. Akimbo shotguns is cheating. If you say otherwise, then fuck you.

In summary: The game is an unbalanced mess. In it's current state it should be the beta for the game, not the final product. It's impossible to fix with just a few patches. The game needs to be completely redesigned.

Munkeh111 said:
Why not just make a custom class with cold blooded and a rocket launcher? That solved many of my problems and gave me quite a few extra points

I am not really a huge fan of online multiplayer games, but I have no hate for MW 2. It pisses me off occassionally, but luckily there is a solution, STOP PLAYING IT

Apparently I didn't make this point clear enough, but the reason I'm complaining about the lack of such a class in the defaults is because it punishes low-level players.  The custom class you describe is exactly what I make ... at level 25-30 when I unlock the pieces. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Around the Network
SmoothCriminal said:
Lack of dedicated servers, no modding tools, requiring Steam (I like Steam, but I don't like that some games require it), dumbed down for consoles (a problem since CoD2), bad maps, some weapons are over-powerful while others just suck, too easy to "cheat."

Fuck you. Camping is cheating. Lightweight Marathon Commando is cheating. Akimbo shotguns is cheating. If you say otherwise, then fuck you.

In summary: The game is an unbalanced mess. In it's current state it should be the beta for the game, not the final product. It's impossible to fix with just a few patches. The game needs to be completely redesigned.

1.  What weapons "just suck"? 
2.  you're confusing "cheap" with "cheat". 

Final-Fan said:
yo_john117 said:

In what other FPS series does it allow you to kill 5 players with a kill streak while skulking in a closet?

The term "noob" has no meaning whatsoever. It is reminiscent to the term "faggot" in that people use it when they are getting killed by another player who uses superior (read kill quicker) weaponry in the form of grenade launchers and other explosive weaponry.

During World War 2, did Japan call the USA a noob because we dropped nukes on Hiroshima and Nagasaki thus ending the war with less casualties than if we went in there with our "pro" M1 Garands?

Final-Fan said:
SmoothCriminal said:

1. The F 2000 (I believe that's the name). It's just an all around bad gun. There are very few guns that actually suck, but it's very easy to tell when one gun is better than the other. In CoD4, all weapons were better for different situations, it was perfectly balanced.

2. Whatever you want to call it, the problem remains.

Killiana1a said:
Final-Fan said:
yo_john117 said:

In what other FPS series does it allow you to kill 5 players with a kill streak while skulking in a closet?

The term "noob" has no meaning whatsoever. It is reminiscent to the term "faggot" in that people use it when they are getting killed by another player who uses superior (read kill quicker) weaponry in the form of grenade launchers and other explosive weaponry.

During World War 2, did Japan call the USA a noob because we dropped nukes on Hiroshima and Nagasaki thus ending the war with less casualties than if we went in there with our "pro" M1 Garands?

Real life =/= equal fun. Your logic is invalid.

SmoothCriminal said:
Final-Fan said:

1. The F 2000 (I believe that's the name). It's just an all around bad gun. There are very few guns that actually suck, but it's very easy to tell when one gun is better than the other. In CoD4, all weapons were better for different situations, it was perfectly balanced.

2. Whatever you want to call it, the problem remains.

You know, it's funny, because I used to completely agree with you.  I would have sworn up and down that the F2000 absolutely sucked balls with no redemption. 

But on my most recent prestige, I came to appreciate it.  It's actually a really decent weapon if you use burst fire.  Sustained fire is very ineffective with this gun, but I was perfectly capable of kicking ass  with burst fire.  However, I do have a tendency to just hold down the trigger sometimes, so I still wouldn't say it's a favored gun of mine.  But it doesn't "just suck". 

On the other hand, IIRC there are inexplicably two guns that have custom Red Dot Sights -- custom meaning "horrible abomination that should not have made it out of alpha".  I think the F2000 is actually one of them.