By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - PSA: Last chance for elite Club Nintendo status

What is it to reach gold status?  I completely have forgot to do much with Club Nintendo this year. 

Around the Network

wait so the coins we have dissapear on june 30th?

so i should claim whatever i can with coins i have?

irstupid said:

wait so the coins we have dissapear on june 30th?

so i should claim whatever i can with coins i have?

Yea, I'm not too sure how it works.  Haven't looked into it.  Maybe it is another way around.  Maybe your status goes away each year but you keep the coins (with gold status you get a free gift each year and elite you get better free gift).  I am not sure.  Someone that knows needs to clarify.  I'll edit my first post to not throw anyone else off.  I was confused myself.

-I looked at my history of coins.  They don't go away but if you don't reach certain status by cut off date then you don't get a free reward.  Sorry for the confusion.

so if i have say 100 coins now, get 900 next year and say gold is 1000 coins

am i a gold member or do i need to get 1000 coins in the same year?

irstupid said:

so if i have say 100 coins now, get 900 next year and say gold is 1000 coins

am i a gold member or do i need to get 1000 coins in the same year?

Okay, here is the deal:

- Elite status is based on how many coins you earn in a Club Nintendo year. New Years Day for Club Nintendo is July 1, so your elite status is based on surveys and registrations you make from July 1 2009 to June 30 2010.

- Spending your coins has no impact on your elite status. Elite status is based on how many coins you earn that year, with no regard to how many you spend.

- Coins earned in previous years have no bearing on your elite status this year. So registering 2000 coins worth of Nintendo products in 2008-2009 will not get you platinum status in 2009-2010.

- Gold elite status comes from earning 300 coins that year. Platinum status requires 600 coins earned that year.

- Coins accumulate, but they expire after two full years, plus the time until the Club Nintendo year rolls over. For example, my earliest coins were registered in December 2008. In December 2010, they will be two years old, so when the Club Nintendo calendar year next rolls over on June 30 2011, they will expire if I don't spend them first.

I hope that covers any questions you may have. If you log in to club.nintendo.com, you can see your elite status next to your name in the left sidebar.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

I just got platinum status a couple nights ago. I have 600 coins and i still have more surveys, post play, etc. to fill out. Gonna hold off on those until next club nintendo year. I hope the prizes are good. =)

ah ok, i understand it all good now.

quick question, does it show you somewhere when your coins expire.  you knwo out of the 150 or so i have right that haven't spent yet, wondering if can see if come july 2nd if i will still have those 150 or will i lose like 75 or whatever are expiring.

just looked and I see some I had got on 12/21/08.   So when do they disappear?  12/21/10?  6/31/10?  6/31/11?

irstupid said:

ah ok, i understand it all good now.

quick question, does it show you somewhere when your coins expire.  you knwo out of the 150 or so i have right that haven't spent yet, wondering if can see if come july 2nd if i will still have those 150 or will i lose like 75 or whatever are expiring.

If you click the 'My Coins' link at the top, you get a list of when coins were earned. You'll have to work out from there when your coins will expire, I haven't found and easy place to check.

But I'm pretty sure no coins will expire this year. Club Nintendo launched in late '08 in NA, so all coins should last until at least June 2011.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Dam...i can't make the cut. i should have just saved up my registration for next period so i would have been certain to get platinum

I'm a Platinum member for this year. I've got about 140 points waiting for next year already too. I hope we get the SNES Classic Controller.