By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So how are 3D TV sales going?

Etech7 said:

yeah 3d is for people without imagination.

no that's just plain TV

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

3D is an incremental step towards full immersion holographic surround vision.

While it's not needed for the news and most TV shows, it doesn't take a great stretch of imagination to see the potential applications.

Hephaestos said:
Etech7 said:

no that's just plain TV

Or movies as That-Guy-Who-Always-Insists-The-Book-Was-Better-Than-The-Film will let everyone know the instant another book to film adaptation is released.

greenmedic88 said:
Hephaestos said:
Etech7 said:

no that's just plain TV

Or movies as That-Guy-Who-Always-Insists-The-Book-Was-Better-Than-The-Film will let everyone know the instant another book to film adaptation is released.

how'd you know my real name!!

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

I read the book.

Around the Network

Im considering getting a 63" 3DTV at the end of the year but not specifically for 3D. In any case you have to realise that even as they sell 3DTVs they may not be bought by people who want the 3D. Some people simply want a high end TV, its the same deal with HDTVs. Some people just wanted a 40 " TV and it just so happened to be an HDTV.

Tease.

I personally don't care about 3D Movies, be it at home or in the Theater, but 3D gaming has me interested. But i want to have a look at it before i buy, i hope they will set up some TV's and Playstations at the Electronic Shops.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Squilliam said:

Im considering getting a 63" 3DTV at the end of the year but not specifically for 3D. In any case you have to realise that even as they sell 3DTVs they may not be bought by people who want the 3D. Some people simply want a high end TV, its the same deal with HDTVs. Some people just wanted a 40 " TV and it just so happened to be an HDTV.

^ This.

The only question I have is are the 3k 3dHDTVs selling better then the 3k HDTVs of last year or in previous years?

of course sales will be low at first,with as much as the T.V.'s cost. lol

Everyone needs to experience 3D gaming... so this 3d hype push can be over. Its fun for a couple of months but eventually it gets quite tiring. It really doesn't enhance a bad game, and a good game is good even without 3D...so once your eyes get used to the effects, it really isn't that great. I found 3D great for Dreamcast and Gamecube emulators as it gave me a new perspective on older games which I've played long time ago.

Otherwise I rarely use 3D for PC gaming these days unless there is a truly stand out 3D title (like Metro 2033 was).

3D movies are a different story...those can be enjoyable on a weekly basis.