By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The "Help me draw a chibi" Thread

Myak-04 said:

Hmmm, okay... well this can turn into a 'help me get better at art thread' then XD. 

Here's one of the art pieces I've done recently 

It's called Cosmic Intervention. 

I'd also love to see some other peoples art pieces :D . 

ummm. I LOVE THIS. THIS IS AWESOME. For the first time in my life. I have loved a picture that I would want to put on my wall that isn't some erotic female(clothed or non) or some image of a landscape. I generally like landscapes. I love this piece. I want a poster of this. If it wasn't for the style of how the face was drawn(and if I had the budget) I would so hire you for this style for an RPG i'm working on.

also. Your Chibi isn't bad. It's fine. It could use some polish, but for a chibi your drawing is fine. What I would suggest more is scan it and start doing some more computer processing. It's not pure chibi that i'm used to. but the expression is strong. the proportions which of course are not accurate. which aren't suppose to still convey what your getting acroos. the style however even if it's not classic Chibi is still great.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Around the Network
.jayderyu said:

ummm. I LOVE THIS. THIS IS AWESOME. For the first time in my life. I have loved a picture that I would want to put on my wall that isn't some erotic female(clothed or non) or some image of a landscape. I generally like landscapes. I love this piece. I want a poster of this. If it wasn't for the style of how the face was drawn(and if I had the budget) I would so hire you for this style for an RPG i'm working on.

also. Your Chibi isn't bad. It's fine. It could use some polish, but for a chibi your drawing is fine. What I would suggest more is scan it and start doing some more computer processing. It's not pure chibi that i'm used to. but the expression is strong. the proportions which of course are not accurate. which aren't suppose to still convey what your getting acroos. the style however even if it's not classic Chibi is still great.

^__^ Thank you so much for that huge compliment. That made my day, and has given me some inspiration to continue on with my current art piece (I've had such a block for the past week). 

So nobody else has any art pieces that they want to share?

I'd really love to see other user's various art styles :D . 

Sorry I would, but I'm pretty bad at drawn art. My art is in expression of words(which suffer from bad grammar) and still generally expressed through gaming form :P  I do some pencil drawing here and there, but my scanner broke. I have a few small sketches that I'm proud of.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Eh, I'm not a good drawer - my hand refuses to do what my brain tells it. I'm ok-ish at drawing cartoons on a computer, though. Here's a character I designed for a comic that me and a friend came up with in a drunken stupor:

As you may, or may not have guessed... I gave up with the idea after fruitlessly trying to design the other character.

Around the Network
patapon said:

I'm pro at this

Aw, I was gonna do that... Oh well, I'll draw a different one.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

SamuelRSmith said:

Eh, I'm not a good drawer - my hand refuses to do what my brain tells it. I'm ok-ish at drawing cartoons on a computer, though. Here's a character I designed for a comic that me and a friend came up with in a drunken stupor:

As you may, or may not have guessed... I gave up with the idea after fruitlessly trying to design the other character.

XD That's awesome. Aww, but you should continue on.... or like what I do... continue on until you are ready to completely destroy your computer in a fit of maniacal rage. 

For example, this is a mini comic I did on the computer a while ago. XD I think I went rather insane before I finished. 

@myak-04

That's pretty darn good being done on computer. Do you have a gallery at all to peruse?

.jayderyu said:

@myak-04

That's pretty darn good being done on computer. Do you have a gallery at all to peruse?

I do have my deviant art account ~ http://myak-04.deviantart.com/ ~ but I rarely go on it and update . XD Mostly contains photos of friends. 

This http://myak-04.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d17v28j is great. I like it. The abstraction of beauty, I get the impression that he is mother nature. Her hair is the waves the spirit of the wind, the desolate destruction of man made crafts on her back.

Though I have a question. All you pictures have people with closed eyes. Do you have ones with open eyes or is there some kind of meaning to that. Maybe the sleeping artist caught in dream?