By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Must have GameCube games

So I finally bought two new GameCube games today that I heard are must have games. Since I was very late getting a GC in its deaththroes and subsequently upgrading quite fast to Wii, I guess i have some games to catch up. Here is what I got:

Tales of Symphonia (got today)

Fire Emblem (got today)

Eternal Darkness

SSBM

MarioKart

Soul Calibur 2

Viewtiful Joe

Zelda WW

FZero

Got RE4 on Wii, not interested in Mario Sunshine or Metroid Prime games. Anything I missed? A true gem? 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

Resident Evil 0 is the only one I can think of at the moment.

Paper Mario too!

And Pikmin 1 and 2! Animal Crossing if you haven't got it!

Ooh, it's all coming back now!

Pikmin 2 and 1, in that order

Soriku said:
Pikmin 1, Pikmin 2, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.

Enjoy Tales of Symphonia! Best game EVER (ties with KH).

thanks, will see whether it can bet Chrono Trigger. knew you would say paper mario, as per in your thread. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Chrono Trigger????

Around the Network

Yup. Pikmin. I would only suggest the second one, since it fixed many issues from the first one.

Don't get any of the Sonic by the way.

Super Monkey Ball 1 or 2.

Windwaker

I don't know how you can't be interested in Metroid Prime, but if you really don't like good games, I'll leave my suggestion at Zelda.

Oh, and if you don't have it on another system, get SSX3. Probably one of the best third party games of the last generation.

Some of these recommendations make me realize that the Gamecube did not have many good games.