By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gametrailers E3 BEST GRAPHICS award - Kirby Epic Yarn!

April fool's . No wait,what. I'm confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Around the Network
Netyaroze said:

Thank god I am immune to cute graphics my brain just doesnt spill the right amount of hormones if I see "cute" computer animated things therefor my judgment is not clouded.

Its just a  misused definition. Graphics are measurable things. Whereas Art Style is subjective. A lot of people mix both words together. Whereas I can see the appeal of Kirby and I can understand why people think it deserves some credit. I think its the wrong category. I dont think that Guerilla Games or Cytek is pissed because of that. Awards are overrate by the public the real credit for work is sold units. Thats the best Award of all. They probably crowned kirby to get more attention or to show we are not shallow we judge a game because of his Art. And people think probably similar.

Graphics are measurable ofcourse there is a grey area where Graphics clash together with Art Style. Thats why we need a clear definition. People who think it doesnt deserve the award just define graphics differently then the people who think it deserves the award (which probably think the others are superficial). Its just that everyone interprets the word differently. Some have a technical interpretation and some an Artistic one. Thats why those interpretations should be separated to avoid senseless discussions.

I guess that's also what I think.

That's a very good post btw.

alfredofroylan said:

Well Gamestop gave Grand Turismo 5 the best graphics awards .... Kirby only got the best Wii game award, best plataform and Game of the Show Award.....

http://e3.gamespot.com/best-of-e3-2010/game-of-the-show/index.html

Damn. Kirby conquers the universe!

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

ok?

Netyaroze said:

Thank god I am immune to cute graphics my brain just doesnt spill the right amount of hormones if I see "cute" computer animated things therefor my judgment is not clouded

Thank god I am immune to "mature" graphics my brain just doesn't spill the right amount of hormones if I see "badass" computer animated things therefor my judgment is not clouded

Around the Network
the_bloodwalker said:

Nothing... nothing can resist the cuteness of Kirby

*I can't look away!!!..... you're damn cute!...*

SSBB. the only guy i play with. kirby

Boutros said:
Netyaroze said:

Thank god I am immune to cute graphics my brain just doesnt spill the right amount of hormones if I see "cute" computer animated things therefor my judgment is not clouded.

Its just a  misused definition. Graphics are measurable things. Whereas Art Style is subjective. A lot of people mix both words together. Whereas I can see the appeal of Kirby and I can understand why people think it deserves some credit. I think its the wrong category. I dont think that Guerilla Games or Cytek is pissed because of that. Awards are overrate by the public the real credit for work is sold units. Thats the best Award of all. They probably crowned kirby to get more attention or to show we are not shallow we judge a game because of his Art. And people think probably similar.

Graphics are measurable ofcourse there is a grey area where Graphics clash together with Art Style. Thats why we need a clear definition. People who think it doesnt deserve the award just define graphics differently then the people who think it deserves the award (which probably think the others are superficial). Its just that everyone interprets the word differently. Some have a technical interpretation and some an Artistic one. Thats why those interpretations should be separated to avoid senseless discussions.

If we do separate those interpretations, console games for obvious reasons will lag behind best-looking games on PC if we look from tech perspective. Such comparisons will be pointless and even worse - they'll be boring. Crysis 2 on PC versus Killzone 3 on PS3? Crysys wins, no contest. If we'll take into account artistic interpretation, Killzone 3 might have a chance.

So either we separate them and judge games merely based on artistic impression regardless of techincal nuances (like it was done with Kirby), or we do not separate at all and judge game graphics based on both, technical and artistic, qualities.

@OP

GT are obvious trolls, they did it just for extra clicks.

I think sackboy from LittleBigPlanet 2 deserves to win to be honest :S

But kirby does look really good

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

mai said:
Boutros said:
Netyaroze said:

If we do separate those interpretations, console games for obvious reasons will lag behind best-looking games on PC if we look from tech perspective. Such comparisons will be pointless and even worse - they'll be boring. Crysis 2 on PC versus Killzone 3 on PS3? Crysys wins, no contest. If we'll take into account artistic interpretation, Killzone 3 might have a chance.

So either we separate them and judge games merely based on artistic impression regardless of techincal nuances (like it was done with Kirby), or we do not separate at all and judge game graphics based on both, technical and artistic, qualities.

Well handheld games, console games and PC games shouldn't be mixed together then.

huaxiong90 said:
alfredofroylan said:

Well Gamestop gave Grand Turismo 5 the best graphics awards .... Kirby only got the best Wii game award, best plataform and Game of the Show Award.....

http://e3.gamespot.com/best-of-e3-2010/game-of-the-show/index.html

Gamestop? Lol.

OT: I can definitely agree with their choice. In terms of artistic innovation, it takes the show easily.

Really? :S I dunno mate, it definately stood out for me as well but Limbo, Child of Eden and the Journey? they all looked better artistically 'imo'

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!