By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Wimbledon: longest game ever, not over yet.

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

Around the Network

daaaammmnnnnnn.....

Absolutely crazy.  What's really sad though is that whoever wins this round is almost certain to be eliminated next round just by virtue of being so damn tired...

SciFiBoy said:

wowza, I'll have to watch the highlights of that online

The highlights will still be long though. :P

I flicked to it constantly during the football and even though both must have been really tired they still were pulling off some great shots.

Hmm, pie.

Wow someone in sports actually put in a eight hour work day.  Bravo

Repent or be destroyed

Around the Network
De85 said:

Absolutely crazy.  What's really sad though is that whoever wins this round is almost certain to be eliminated next round just by virtue of being so damn tired...

That is often the case. Though them making history is much better than winning a prize :D . 

At the end of play yesterday they where still serving at about 130MPH! Incredible.

Good god...I can barely play tennis for 45 minutes without needing a break =P

Actually I kinda hate tennis...never really play or watch it...but still just from an athletic standpoint it is a pretty impressive match for both of them.

To Each Man, Responsibility

there's one more women's match before they FINISH THE FIGHT. it will be funny if it's over in two games, but I doubt that.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

I joined in (watching on tv) at the 5th set when it was about 20 games each, Mahut is incredible to still be playing like he was after all that time, Isner was holding on by his immense serve alone really, as he looked about to collapse for the last hour or so. Even then he managed the occasional excellent shots that were not serves.

If todays part goes on long enough both of them will probably double the previous record for number of aces in a match (51, then they ended yesterday on 98 for Isner and I think 95 for Mahut)