By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect: destorying everything @ $149.99 in Preorders.

Retailers started taking preorders at the pricepoint for Kinect of $149.99.

Even without an official statement from M$ on the price. So is Kinect overpriced at $149.99?

Consumers dont think so. It not only has already overtaken the new slim 360 model for sales. All preorders ask for a deposit to.

Even though Move made a larger buzz with the 'Gaming Media' than Kinect. Move is also available for preorder and hasnt even broke the top 10. 

"Microsoft still hasn't officially announced a price for Xbox 360's Kinect (release date: November 4) but retailers aren't wasting any time taking pre-orders at the same price point.

I was surprised this morning to see Kinect had not only gone up for pre-order at online retailer Amazon.com, but that it had jumped right past the hot selling Xbox 360 slim console into thenumber one hourly bestsellers slot. Sony's Playstation Move is also up for pre-order but has not yet cracked the top 10 despite costing less and being available nearly two months sooner."

http://thehdroom.com/news/Kinect-Pre-Orders-Begin-Outselling-Move/6970

Around the Network

I really wonder what will happen with this. Clearly the hype is outweighing the price (which is exactly what this products success will be based on, hype and nothing more)

Makes me wonder if MS is just pre-empting the $150 to cushion the blow if it is that expensive....if it turns out $99, good lord.

selnor said:

Retailers started taking preorders at the pricepoint for Kinect of $149.99.

Even without an official statement from M$ on the price. So is Kinect overpriced at $149.99?

Consumers dont think so. It not only has already overtaken the new slim 360 model for sales. All preorders ask for a deposit to.

Even though Move made a larger buzz with the 'Gaming Media' than Kinect. Move is also available for preorder and hasnt even broke the top 10. 

"Microsoft still hasn't officially announced a price for Xbox 360's Kinect (release date: November 4) but retailers aren't wasting any time taking pre-orders at the same price point.

I was surprised this morning to see Kinect had not only gone up for pre-order at online retailer Amazon.com, but that it had jumped right past the hot selling Xbox 360 slim console into thenumber one hourly bestsellers slot. Sony's Playstation Move is also up for pre-order but has not yet cracked the top 10 despite costing less and being available nearly two months sooner."

http://thehdroom.com/news/Kinect-Pre-Orders-Begin-Outselling-Move/6970

Hmm, what happened to "you can't predict anything based on Amazon" :)

laugh at loud every time i would make threads in the sales section about pro ps3 stuff accourding to amazon i would get bashed and told amazon preorders dont mean shit

it doesnt matter though even if it is selling alot the HD HW wars will be decided by cheapest sku vs cheapest sku like they always have kenict bundles or move bundles wont be whats sold the most during the holidays

Play Me

Um yeah, so we are looking at amazon sales charts now....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_ts_zgc_vg_h__video_games_display_on_website_more?pf_rd_p=468277213&pf_rd_s=right-7&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=300703&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1GVXRB28GSVB06J5PNEV

Oh look, the Xbox wi-fi adaptor is outselling the Wii

Around the Network

I suggest if you want one. Preorder ASAP. Something tells me there will be shortages this XMAS.

BABY SEALSSSSSSSSSS!

This time Baby Seals playable in Kinectimals (Tiger >>> Baby Seals for the record)

What is Destorying selnor?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

selnor said:

I suggest if you want one. Preorder ASAP. Something tells me there will be shortages this XMAS.

Well if the pre-orders are this hufe, they will just make more, there's 5 months until release

Oh Selnor, i wish i could carry your optimism and freakish love of all things MSFT to aspects of my life. Kudos to you for remaining scarily loyal.

Also of note is the actual hardware SKU's in stock show a $300 and $350 PS3 sitting mightily ahead of a $250 and $150 360 SKU....and its always PS3 ahead of 360 hardware on amazon, but in the real world it just doesnt mean much homie.

My Novel outsold Harry Potter once, according to Amazon  

isn't it time for the baby seals?

(that guy started it)

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’