By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - kinect lag up on jimmy fallon

I just got excited for kinect again!

Kinect! who needs video games!

Around the Network

The video didn't look bad at all. It looked like good advertising which Microsoft is pretty good at.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

oldschoolfool said:
selnor said:

Kotaku Sony owned confirmed?

That was amazing. It was genuinely fun watching them. 

Any lag if at all was slight and not hardly at all. Very impressed. 

This was brilliant free advertising for M$ and this is exactly why Kinect will own this holiday.

Fantastic.

Kotaku, you are pathetic. There was more lag issues with my mouse than what Kinect showed in that video.

Jimmy fallon always has video game stuff on his show. I personally like the hardware,but not the games they've shown for it so far. I want it just for the hardware aspect of it. You know that I'm more of a Sony person,but I'm more excited for this than the move. I just wish it had games that fit my taste.

I was just surprised by how much the title was a trolling type title, considering it was a great video. 

That was a fanboy type forum post more than an article. 

It looked great. A few glitches, but on the whole great.

What parents will hear when they watch this.

"This is going to make kids in America skinny again" - Jimmy Fallon

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

calvinandhobbes said:

I just got excited for kinect again!

me too!

Around the Network

This product is still undergoing development ... but to anyone saying that there was not a lag/recognition problem in the video, I am not sure what they are seeing.

What was more of a concern to me was that the lag was not uniform. While Kudo Tsunoda's avatar seemed to be close on its reactions, Miranda Cosgrove's tended to be twitchy and lagged. This could be a calibration problem (minor) or could point to an issue related to having players of differing sizes playing at the same time.  (Miranda is quite petite compared to Kudo).

A couple of larger points that I see in here that I want to address.

First, Kinect (and to a lesser extent Sony Move) seem to be drawing the same types of reception that used to be reserved only for the Wii from many members of the video game media. I wonder if they feel threatened by the changing nature of video gaming. (As a Wii owner, it is nice to see Luke Plunkett "troll" on another system for a change.)

Second, the assumption by posters that the "casuals" will love it and buy it in droves shows how little people know about casual gamers. Casuals often tend to play free games, so they are not going to automatically come out and spend $360 for a simulated white water rafting experience (current estimated price for Kinect/X360 Slim Arcade bundle and Kinect Adventure if they don't already own an Xbox 360 -- actual price may be lower.).  

Also, the experience is not all that different than what can be had on the Wii (see everything from Wii Sports Resort to Namco Bandai's Active Life series with mats for the jumping). Unlike other gamers, casuals tend to play an experience, then want to move on to another experience. That is the only logical explanation for subsequent annual series of sports games and other sequels tending to sell much worse than the initial installment of a game. 

Plus, casuals don't like bad/broken games. There is a reason that a lot of games did not sell on the Wii -- word gets around when something does NOT work as well as it should have.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

My Trigger Happy Sixaxis controller

mike_intellivision said:

This product is still undergoing development ... but to anyone saying that there was not a lag/recognition problem in the video, I am not sure what they are seeing.

What was more of a concern to me was that the lag was not uniform. While Kudo Tsunoda's avatar seemed to be close on its reactions, Miranda Cosgrove's tended to be twitchy and lagged. This could be a calibration problem (minor) or could point to an issue related to having players of differing sizes playing at the same time.  (Miranda is quite petite compared to Kudo).

I have addressed this earlier in this thread, I believe.  The issue with Miranda was her outfit.  All those shiny/reflective surfaces will act to bounce and reflect the infrared pulses away from the camera and distort the accuracy of Kinect.  Had she been wearing something different I am sure it would have been fine.  It had no problem picking up either Jimmy or Kudo and they were wearing non-reflective clothes.

So all the xbox gamers that used to complain that the Wii was too casual and made people look stupid when playing games actually think this is a good thing?  Really?

This will be shovelware central.

RareglovE said:
slowmo said:

Another thread desperately tring to downplay Kinect.  Just how many viral marketing members do Sony need on this site?

as many as they come

I feel embarassed for you lol

Anyways after watching the video it actuually made me more interested in kinect...Looks fun

and I really do hope this takes off because young children are so fat and lazy now a days, this might get them off there *** once and a while