By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Xbox 360 Dashboard Update coming soon?!?

hulu is coming to the PS3 first, then later on for the 360... not for a while.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network

yes it is coming

Goddbless said:
themanwithnoname said:

I do like the looks of the new dashboard, it was something I was really impressed with by the conference. I know the dashboard update will include:

• New Kinect layout
  • ESPN
  • Netflix update (adding to your instant queue from the Xbox, without having to use the computer and access to the whole instant library with search function)

I'm sure more will be included, but those are what I'm looking forward to the most.

You can already add to your instant queue from the 360...

You don't have access to everything that can be added to your instant queue, just the options Netflix chooses to display, which is why I added the last part.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

ultraslick said:

From what I have read the reason it is coming "later" to the 360 is because Microsoft wants to integrate it into Live better.  Similar to how Netflix is much better on the 360 than it is on the PS3, it will have more bells and whistles.

I personally would like to have it on the 360 sooner than later even if its just thrown together.  They can always add the bells and whistles when the time comes for it.  But thats just me...

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Goddbless said:
themanwithnoname said:

I do like the looks of the new dashboard, it was something I was really impressed with by the conference. I know the dashboard update will include:

• New Kinect layout
  • ESPN
  • Netflix update (adding to your instant queue from the Xbox, without having to use the computer and access to the whole instant library with search function)

I'm sure more will be included, but those are what I'm looking forward to the most.

You can already add to your instant queue from the 360...

You can add to your queue but you can't search, which sucks.

Also, I can't find the search on the PS3 version anymore.  I know I've seen it used at a friends house but I can't find it.  I actually greatly prefer the 360 interface (everything lags 1-2 seconds on the PS3 Netflix interface for some reason) it's just my quality is so inconsistent on the 360 at the moment.

Around the Network

The Kinect dashboard look's like the Wii dashboard, weird. I think it look's better than the current setup.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Looks like a new Arcade browser is coming to the dashboard on the 14th.

Coming soon: Destination Arcade

Next week we’ll be launching another way to browse content on Xbox LIVE Arcade and we’re calling it Destination Arcade. With a growing library of over 250 Arcade games, Destination Arcade will allow you to discover new games and content you enjoy through an easy-to-use visual browser.  You’ll have the ability to sort by price, community rating, and more!  Also, stay up to date on the latest arcade releases through a news feed and also find out what games your friends like and recommend. This brand new recommendation engine & visual browser app will be available in the US on July 14th from the Games Marketplace section of the dashboard. I’ve posted some screenshots of what it will look like if you want to take a peek.

damndl0ser said:
ultraslick said:

From what I have read the reason it is coming "later" to the 360 is because Microsoft wants to integrate it into Live better.

like they couldn't just patch it later on.SONY strick a deal just a while ago and also HULU IS COMING LATER as MS is forcing HULU only with XBL GOLD not free like on PSN

Similar to how Netflix is much better on the 360 than it is on the PS3, it will have more bells and whistles.

how will it have more bells,you think some bells will be left out for the PS3.

for NETFLIX MS had an exclusivity agreement and this year end,it will be the same for PS3,360,Wii as MS 2 tear NETFLIX agreement ends

Solid_Snake4RD said:
damndl0ser said:
ultraslick said:

From what I have read the reason it is coming "later" to the 360 is because Microsoft wants to integrate it into Live better.

like they couldn't just patch it later on.SONY strick a deal just a while ago and also HULU IS COMING LATER as MS is forcing HULU only with XBL GOLD not free like on PSN

Similar to how Netflix is much better on the 360 than it is on the PS3, it will have more bells and whistles.

for NETFLIX MS had an exclusivity agreement and this year end,it will be the same for PS3,360,Wii as MS 2 tear NETFLIX agreement ends

I'm almost 100% certain Hulu is only going to be available via PSN Plus only.  And Hulu itself you still have to pay for regardless which system it is on.

nightsurge said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
damndl0ser said:
ultraslick said:

I'm almost 100% certain Hulu is only going to be available via PSN Plus only.  And Hulu itself you still have to pay for regardless which system it is on.

I read similar to this.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo