By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy is just too amazing

Shissy said:
misteromar mk4 said:
azzer100 said:
misteromar mk4 said:
Yeah it shits me when people say its way too easy, sure maybe to get 60 and have the boss battle. But to get all 120 stars can be lesson in frustration. Once you have 100 stars, this game is a ball breaker.

The purple coin challenges are pure genius.

Corrrection"Evil Genius"

Agreed ^.. Man the purple coins on the Luigi Face is really starting to piss me off.

Yeah, I can't get it.

The seven stars I'm having intense difficulty with and can't get (in order of difficulty):

Dusty Dune Galaxy Purple Coins (I always die from quick sand when I've got like 80 or 90 coins and it annoys me so much I can't try again)

Dreadnought Purple Coins (so incredibly annoying)

Kamella Daredevil Run (she always kills me right before I send the final shell)

Dreadnought Secret Garbage Star (I have NO IDEA how to possibly get this one)

Bonefin Galaxy (I can't beat this stupid boss, and I probably never will)

Luigi's Purple Coins (SO FRUSTRATING)

Bouldergeist Daredevil Run (THE hardest star in the game. I can't even come close to beating it)

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Around the Network

definitely GOTY

I just got shit faced out of boredom so I'm not reading your long post, but I do agree, the game is amazing.

I was wondering why I was so addicted to the game, and then I realized that the game was so fantastic that I just kept on playing.

It isn't a GOTY shoe-in, but it's still amazing.

NintendoTogepi said:
Shissy said:
misteromar mk4 said:
azzer100 said:
misteromar mk4 said:
Yeah it shits me when people say its way too easy, sure maybe to get 60 and have the boss battle. But to get all 120 stars can be lesson in frustration. Once you have 100 stars, this game is a ball breaker.

The purple coin challenges are pure genius.

Corrrection"Evil Genius"

Agreed ^.. Man the purple coins on the Luigi Face is really starting to piss me off.

Yeah, I can't get it.

The seven stars I'm having intense difficulty with and can't get (in order of difficulty):

Dusty Dune Galaxy Purple Coins (I always die from quick sand when I've got like 80 or 90 coins and it annoys me so much I can't try again)

Dreadnought Purple Coins (so incredibly annoying)

Kamella Daredevil Run (she always kills me right before I send the final shell)

Dreadnought Secret Garbage Star (I have NO IDEA how to possibly get this one)

Bonefin Galaxy (I can't beat this stupid boss, and I probably never will)

Luigi's Purple Coins (SO FRUSTRATING)

Bouldergeist Daredevil Run (THE hardest star in the game. I can't even come close to beating it)

When I first played it I too thought I'd never get all 120 stars but I just kept trying and eventually did the harder stars.

On my second play through with Luigi it suddenly because a much easier game, even the ones I had a problem with the first time.

If I knew what levels you were having problems with I could maybe give you some hints but I can't remember the names of any of them.

Super Mario Galaxy truly is amazing and without a doubt deserves GOTY. There are some flaws, but it has so many good points that I ended up not caring. And for me the hardest star was the Dreadnought Secret Garbage Star, it took me many, many tries before I got it.

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

Around the Network

"Dusty Dune Galaxy Purple Coins"
Make it to the tower thingie that switches sides and work your way backwards. Almost all of the frustrating coins are there.

"Dreadnought Purple Coins"
Try to memorize the locations of the cannons and the purple coins. Also, avoid the temptation to get the Super Mushroom, as you're pretty much guaranteed to fail this one after getting hit once.

"Kamella Daredevil Run"
*E* My "advice" for this one was rather rude.  I'll just say that I can't really help with this one.

"Dreadnought Secret Garbage Star"
I'll admit this one had me stumped for a while. You see those little gold circles that turn into coins? Try to throw the Bob-ombs onto them. They're positioned in a way that should get all of them.

"Bonefin Galaxy"
Find where the red shell spawns, it makes this a LOT easier. Also, make it a habit to go up for air between hits, and don't trust any treasure chests unless you already know what's in them.

"Luigi's Purple Coins"
This one seems to be unnecessarily frustrating for people, so I'm going to give more tips for it than the others:
Don't let the timer freak you out. It's only there so they had an excuse to include more than the usual 100 coins.
Do NOT get every coin in the first group. The star appears on the starting platform, and you'll need a way to get there.
JUMP from coin to coin. That way you can get yourself out of any corner you accidentally back yourself into.
For the clusters of five coins that are floating over the death pit: Jump towards the middle one, then spin back onto "land" IMMEDIATELY as you hear the sound confirming you got it. You might not get them all, but don't worry.
Don't rely too heavily on the coins that you need the long jump to get, you'll most likely miss a lot of them.

"Bouldergeist Daredevil Run"
This is another "don't get freaked out" star. Remain calm and wait until you are absolutely sure you've avoided all the rocks he throws before collecting Bomb Boos. As long as you're watching Bouldergeist, that's generally the only thing that hits you.

Hopefully this advice helps you and anyone else having problems with these.

people will have different opinions

some people like certain games, others dont. To say that all review sites should give it GOTY is a little hard to believe and rediculas. Everyone will have opinions.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

I got all 120 stars.

I guess you boy gamers aren't up to snuff when a girl gamer is on the job. hehe

Game is Great. GAme like this will never be GOY because there are no guns or swords in it. A game needs to at least be raited T to be game of the year.

Girl Gamer Elite said:
I got all 120 stars.

Game is Great. GAme like this will never be GOY because there are no guns or swords in it. A game needs to at least be raited T to be game of the year.

Oh, that's the spite talking.

I fully expect some sites not to give it GoTY.

I don't think it has nearly as much to do with bias as it does wit recognizing the site demographic and paying homage to them. You have to cater to your viewers and thats why spike TV goes all out on 360 games and might give a nod to games like manhunt 2 and no more heroes (especially with the Tarantino references running around).

Its basic economics in the vast majority of cases, which is technically a form of bias but its not hate.

To Each Man, Responsibility