By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - $199 New Xbox 360 coming soon to replace Arcade

BHR-3 said:

So cheapest 360=$199 then 250gb=$299

cheapest PS3=$299=pretty much same prices we have since last year=pretty much the same sales for the rest of the year going on to next year?

also i believe kinect will cost over $100 when sold separately b/c if there charging $100 when bundled that would mean they want more to just go out and buy another 360 instead of just buying kinect on its own resulting in higher HW sold then if kinect was the same price as it is in the bundle

You wish.

They say $199 now, come christmas they'll drop it to $149.

Kinect could also be $69 - $149, my personal opinion on it is it'll be $99.99. Bundled with a 360 Slim Arcade for $199 if Microsoft are prepared to take a $50 hit.

If you think $299 will be the lowest priced bundle this xmas you're soooooooooooooooooo wrong.

Around the Network
BHR-3 said:

cheapest PS3=$299=pretty much same prices we have since last year=pretty much the same sales for the rest of the year going on to next year?

also i believe kinect will cost over $100 when sold separately b/c if there charging $100 when bundled that would mean they want more to just go out and buy another 360 instead of just buying kinect on its own resulting in higher HW sold then if kinect was the same price as it is in the bundle

Actually, the cheapest 360 is now $149. The current models have both been pricedropped by $50 to clear the shelves for the new "slim" models, which makes the current arcade bundle $149. Until supplies run out on the "original" design sometime around/after the holidays, that's going to make the 360 look MUCH more affordable to the average consumer. If the Kinect bundle (sans system) goes from $100, a new buyer can get a system with Kinect (including bundled games) for $249 new. Heck, even if the Kinect does go for the speculated $149, you're still talking about $299 for the system with a Kinect bundle.

So this holiday season people will be able to get a new 360 and a Kinect for the same price as the cheapest PS3 with nothing extra. Granted, the PS3 has an HDD at that pricepoint, but your average consumer isn't going to think about that as an issue.

Thence we came forth
To rebehold the stars... 

Seece said:
BHR-3 said:

You wish.

Kinect could also be $69 - $149, my personal opinion on it is it'll be $99.99. Bundled with a 360 Slim Arcade for $199 if Microsoft are prepared to take a $50 hit.

If you think $299 will be the lowest priced bundle this xmas you're soooooooooooooooooo wrong.

the article crleary states new 360s arcade with kinect for $299 if the drop the console by 50 like you say wouldnt that mean $249? or are they planning on releasing kenict in november for $99 and then a few days later droping that also by 50 to get to your $199 price piont?

Play Me

Seece said:
BHR-3 said:

You wish.

I would figure the new arcade set up with come with a harddrive internal.  Maybe it wil be 60 GB, but it should be there.  I also don't see them getting rid of Wifi in it.  I see them just having one model with all the features in it.

BHR-3 said:
Seece said:
BHR-3 said:

You wish.

the article crleary states new 360s arcade with kinect for $299 if the drop the console by 50 like you say wouldnt that mean $249? or are they planning on releasing kenict in november for $99 and then a few days later droping that also by 50 to get to your $199 price piont?

"Kinect will be available as a bundle with the new Xbox 360, and though there isn't any official pricing information on that one just yet"

Fuck what the article says, it's what Microsoft says that matters, and they don't mention any pricing on bundles OR kinect.

They're going to say Arcade slim is coming out at $199, why the heck would they say $149, just think of all the people that would stop buying $149 fat arcades, let alone $249 phat elites.

So ya $149 arcade along with my estimates Kinect costs $99. a $50 discount cos it's a bundle = $199.

This is the most favourable position for Microsoft and most likely IMO. However if Kinect is $149, that's still a $249 bundle. NOT the same price as a PS3 or anywhere near the $399 PS Move bundle the extra controllers that most people will want.

Around the Network

My opinion is that the Arcade model has been sitting for close to 2 years at $199.  I am expecting it to be $129.99. I think its primary differences will be similar to now. I think it will be without hard drive and headset, otherwise identical.

I think the new 250 GB model that is selling at $299 will be reduced in price (likely around September). I think this will go to $199 (Sony can and will be ready to match a paltry $50 drop)

So that leaves the Kinect bundles and the question being do they go with one bundle or two. I think they they go with one bundle and I think it will be priced at $299 bundled (remember this bundle is to appeal to families and wives and sorry but a $399 bundle does not). Here is the bonus though for the hardcore crowd that wants to pick up the Kinect bundle. It will have a larger Hard Drive probably 500GB.

As far as Kinect standalone, $99 seems much more likely then $149. At $149 I pass.

Seece said:
BHR-3 said:
Seece said:
BHR-3 said:

You wish.

"Kinect will be available as a bundle with the new Xbox 360, and though there isn't any official pricing information on that one just yet"

Fuck what the article says, it's what Microsoft says that matters, and they don't mention any pricing on bundles OR kinect.

They're going to say Arcade slim is coming out at $199, why the heck would they say $149, just think of all the people that would stop buying $149 fat arcades, let alone $249 phat elites.

So ya $149 arcade along with my estimates Kinect costs $99. a $50 discount cos it's a bundle = $199.

This is the most favourable position for Microsoft and most likely IMO. However if Kinect is $149, that's still a $249 bundle. NOT the same price as a PS3 or anywhere near the $399 PS Move bundle the extra controllers that most people will want.

so basically your saying that the new 360s arcade will be $149 and the 250gb 360s will be $249 and that you can also get them with kenict (that you said will be priced anywhere from 70-150 even though everyones listing them for $150) for only a extra $49 to come out with $199 and $299 for the bundles?

i sure feel sorry for those paying $299 for just the 250gb 360S then

wonder what the 250gb 360S cost MS to make considering they added wifi (that they used to charge around $99 separate) and 2 extra usbs then we would get a better idea on how low they can charge for it in an arcade form

the only reason why i feel that 360s will stay at its 200 and 300 prices points is b/c this gen will last longer than most think if they go to $150 this year what will they price it at say 2013 or even 2014?

Play Me

morpheusx said:

My opinion is that the Arcade model has been sitting for close to 2 years at $199.  I am expecting it to be $129.99. I think its primary differences will be similar to now. I think it will be without hard drive and headset, otherwise identical.

I think the new 250 GB model that is selling at $299 will be reduced in price (likely around September). I think this will go to $199 (Sony can and will be ready to match a paltry $50 drop)

So that leaves the Kinect bundles and the question being do they go with one bundle or two. I think they they go with one bundle and I think it will be priced at $299 bundled (remember this bundle is to appeal to families and wives and sorry but a $399 bundle does not). Here is the bonus though for the hardcore crowd that wants to pick up the Kinect bundle. It will have a larger Hard Drive probably 500GB.

As far as Kinect standalone, $99 seems much more likely then $149. At $149 I pass.

the only problem with that is that its the old sku thats been at $199 for 2 yrs i would also agree that it would get dropped but they added major things to it its a whole new designed console and im 100% sure that it will be release at $199 and have more things included in it than any other arcade released in history, history also shows that MS adds to there consoles not stay the same, what happens after that is anyones guess

i would be surprised if those two skus go to 150 and 250 this yr my guess would be next year when gears of war 3 or COD MW3 releases

Play Me

BHR-3 said:
Seece said:
BHR-3 said:
Seece said:
BHR-3 said:

You wish.

so basically your saying that the new 360s arcade will be $149 and the 250gb 360s will be $249 and that you can also get them with kenict (that you said will be priced anywhere from 70-150 even though everyones listing them for $150) for only a extra $49 to come out with $199 and $299 for the bundles?

i sure feel sorry for those paying $299 for just the 250gb 360S then

wonder what the 250gb 360S cost MS to make considering they added wifi (that they used to charge around $99 separate) and 2 extra usbs then we would get a better idea on how low they can charge for it in an arcade form

the only reason why i feel that 360s will stay at its 200 and 300 prices points is b/c this gen will last longer than most think if they go to $150 this year what will they price it at say 2013 or even 2014?

Ok.

The arcade dropped to $199 in 2008. It is now 2010, it's slimmer and it's cheaper. Do you honestly see it being priced $199 for another year? (because they're only going to drop prices at xmas from now on)

no. You seem quite happy to believe sony can drop the price by $200 from 2009 - 2011, but Microsoft can't drop the price by $50 in the same timespan? LOL

On Kinect. Of course when it get's bundled it's going to be knocked down by some sort of margin, that's the whole point of bundling. IF my $99 Kinect price turns out true, then a $199 - $229 will happen, it depends how much of a discount Microsoft wants to offer.

I am 95% certain the arcade slim will either debut or be cut to $149 this holiday and I am 70% certain Kinect will be $99.

"i sure feel sorry for those paying $299 for just the 250gb 360S then" I wouldn't feel too bad, the main people that are going to pick up the slim now are people that want the latest tech and MS fans. I know full well the price will drop come xmas but I'm trading in my elite next month. The casuals, less hardcore gamers are going to take up the $149/$249 phat deals that are available.

"wonder what the 250gb 360S cost MS to make considering they added wifi (that they used to charge around $99 separate) and 2 extra usbs then we would get a better idea on how low they can charge for it in an arcade form

Yeah they charged $99, doesn't mean it cost anywhere near that, we all know Microsoft completely price gouged everyone with wifi and HDD's.

IF a $199 Kinect Arcade Slim bundle becomes a reality, it'll do very well, and can afford to stay at that price for years to come. Then 2013 they can drop to $149 and by this time it's most likely we'll have new hardware on the scene.

BHR-3 said:
morpheusx said:

the only problem with that is that its the old sku thats been at $199 for 2 yrs i would also agree that it would get dropped but they added major things to it its a whole new designed console and im 100% sure that it will be release at $199 and have more things included in it than any other arcade released in history, history also shows that MS adds to there consoles not stay the same, what happens after that is anyones guess

i would be surprised if those two skus go to 150 and 250 this yr my guess would be next year when gears of war 3 or COD MW3 releases

Nah, the arcade has and always will be aimed at the lesser core crowd, they can afford to ditch wifi and put in a ethernet cable. I think a HDD will be added, but only enough to do basic things, so a 10GB or 20GB.