By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GREAT hint towards Kinects REAL price

Can we please just drop all these comparisons with move. Kinect is Kinect and Move is Move. When I judge the value of an iten, i do so based on its inherent value, not by comparing it to another product that dosen't even offer the same thing. With that said, I hope Microsoft can sell it for $79. I might be able to pick it up for even cheaper somewhere down the line.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Rainbird said:
Seece said:
Rainbird said:

Of course they do, and I don't see why anyone should disagree with that, but using the DS3 isn't bad enough to make me buy a Nav controller if I have just one Move game that uses it, for example. If I'm short on money, I still don't have to buy a Nav controller, because the DS3 will do well enough.

You think they're only gonna bring out one move game that makes good use of the nav? Maybe you should think again before buying move if you're that pessimistic.

I'm not, I'm just giving examples. What about the family that buys the Move to play TV Superstars and Start the Party, will they buy a Nav controller if they get one game that uses it? I don't know, but they certainly don't have to.

No but if you really think Sony are going after the casuals with the games they've shown and a $400 PS3 bundle you're wrong. They can get that with wii ... they're not going to care it's HD.

So a family that has a PS3 because the father wants to play GT5 maybe, will never buy a Move for the kids, so they can play EyePet and Start the Party?

Again, just an example.

EDIT: I'm not saying the PS3 will dominate the casual market or anything, but Sony have different content for different people. I'm getting the Move to use it with LittleBigPlanet 2, Killzone 3, Heavy Rain and Ape Escape for example, and I'll definitely want the Nav controller, but it's not the case for everyone.

Guys, the Navigation Controller DOES EXACTLY THE SAME THING as the DS3....YOU DON'T NEED to buy one if you already have a DS3....the Navigation it's just for confort purposes....geez...

It'd be great for Kinect if it sells for less than $100...

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

I still think the $149 price point sounds right (bundled with a game).

Bundled with systems = price of system (plus) $100 (so basically 50 bucks off).

Maybe sell the Kinect without a game for $129?  Makes sense this way too for the holiday.  It has more uses than just games, so why not?

HA here's hoping they keep it cheap!

Around the Network

Should be ineresting to hear what the price ends up being.

richardhutnik said:

Wii Fit Plus with the balance board goes for over $100, with tax:

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75108

One can see Microsoft target the same thing with two games bundled with it.  You may end up getting both Sports and Adventures and maybe the fitness program to, all for $100.

This is what I was thinking too.  If one of those games has some kind of fitness program it will work out great. Going over $100 will be a hard sell and I think Microsoft knows this. 

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

iWarMachine said:

Guys, the Navigation Controller DOES EXACTLY THE SAME THING as the DS3....YOU DON'T NEED to buy one if you already have a DS3....the Navigation it's just for confort purposes....geez...

It'd be great for Kinect if it sells for less than $100...

And Sony's true plan of creating a race of claw handed crab people will finally be revieled.

Just as a thought, Microsoft could feel like they’re undercutting the Playstation Move if they sold Kinects at $150 because after someone bought the move bundle with a second controller Kinects would be cheaper; and they could believe that they were undercutting the Playstation move if they sold Kinects at $250 because after someone bought the Playstation move bundle with 3 extra controllers Kinects would still be cheaper. I could be wrong but I think Sony was probably fairly confident people were going to rush out to buy a $600 PS3 before they launched it too.

Basically, what a corporate official believes is a price that will make consumers happy is not necessarily a price that will make consumers happy.

HappySqurriel said:

Just as a thought, Microsoft could feel like they’re undercutting the Playstation Move if they sold Kinects at $150 because after someone bought the move bundle with a second controller Kinects would be cheaper; and they could believe that they were undercutting the Playstation move if they sold Kinects at $250 because after someone bought the Playstation move bundle with 3 extra controllers Kinects would still be cheaper. I could be wrong but I think Sony was probably fairly confident people were going to rush out to buy a $600 PS3 before they launched it too.

Basically, what a corporate official believes is a price that will make consumers happy is not necessarily a price that will make consumers happy.

Exactly, the percieved value of a product will be different according to which point of view you have (like Sony thinking 600$ for a PS3 was a good deal and consumers not so much). This is kinda what I was getting at as well.