By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Our messiah nintendo please cleanse us of this scourge

Well, looks like my post never made it to the thread.

My question is where did the OP come up with these stuff?

3DS is amazing, why should we not acknowledge that?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Tuganuno said:
Khuutra said:
Tuganuno said:
Khuutra said:

He's objectively, quantifiably wrong, and so are you if you agree with him. Nintendo has gotten mroe hate than any company this gen. If you are of the opinion that people shoud be able to hate on a company without baclash.... well, that's rather one-sided, now innit?

So, just because Nintendo got hated in the past, we can't criticize it now? And I'm honestly not understanding how Nintendo is the victim. They've made tons of money with the console that everyone criticized, while Sony had huge losses with the console that everyone said it would be the future of gaming. So as you can see, words meant nothing, or better yet, words did nothing.

THat is a ridiculous notion. People hav criticized Nintendo since the beginning, and continue to do so now. here is no current climate in which they can't be criticized. But if you don't want people to disagree with you, your only opiton is to not say anything. This is true in reference to discourse surrounding all companies.

I was being sarcastic on that bold part. But anyway... I'm not understanding this conversation. Nintendo deserves to be criticized, because they aren't perfect, and have many flaws to be winning this generation (IMO). I'm not saying Sony and MS are perfect just so we're clear. Read that puppies analogy lol

It doesn't matter that we hate on X company, except if you're an extremly influential person. Most casual gamers don't even come to the internet to check consoles, they're impulse buyers. What difference does it make that we laugh at Kinect? MS won't lose money, and besides that, any publicity is good publicity.

Oh, and if I say my opinion, then I'm obviously not expecting everyone to agree with me. But when other people don't even care to understand what I'm trying to say (not refering to you) then I just won't care. Same thing to the OP - "This guy isn't loving Nintendo... OMFGOSH HATER TROLL DIE!"

I haven't seen people attack the OP, rather what he stated, which can summarized as: "Nintendo is never criticized". Which is very, very, very wrong. Do I actually have to go look in forums or sites where Nintendo has been criticized and post hundreds of links that will prove this? I hope not. You've probably seen it too. I've seen people complain about Wind Wakers art style, not enough core games, not enough new IPs, not enough sequels to old games, etc.

We have heard the "Nintendo is dooomed" song for so many times it's no longer funny. Look at this video for example, look at the very end.

Has Nintendo made mistakes? Yes. Are people allowed to not like Nintendo? Yes. But to state that Nintendo is never criticized, that's just false.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I see no reason for this thread. Nintendo gets a little love, because they showed things that excite people(mostly referring to journalists and forum goers here) and all of a sudden Nintendo is loved too much. The only point I see in this thread is that its trying to make people angry.

Christian973 said:
RolStoppable said:

If you tell yourself something that is wrong often enough, then eventually you will start to believe it. I've noticed that a lot of criticism directed at Nintendo works off of the basic premise that Microsoft and especially Sony make games of the same, if not better quality than Nintendo.

But anyway, I think what is triggering all these strange reactions right after E3 is the realization that Sony has lost to Nintendo again (now for the third time in a row) and that this time even before Sony could make a move.

This 100%.

The Sony fans on every gaming site have been trolling Donkey Kong Country and the 3DS after E3 was won by Nitnendo. Seems to me they are likely worried for Sony's downfall in the handheld market.

If E3 was a contest that Nintendo could win, what exactly did they win by "winning" it?

c0rd said:
Tuganuno said:

So, just because Nintendo got hated in the past, we can't criticize it now? And I'm honestly not understanding how Nintendo is the victim. They've made tons of money with the console that everyone criticized, while Sony had huge losses with the console that everyone said it would be the future of gaming. So as you can see, words meant nothing, or better yet, words did nothing.

What the? What does Nintendo making money while Sony losing have anything to do with the topic in question?

Words mean nothing? That's what this whole damn thread is about!

Or, are you going on a different point, insinuating that the overrated Nintendo makes so much money, simply because people overlook their flaws and mindlessly buy their games?

If so, that's an entirely separate topic, and one more easily answered.

edit: Let me add that playing the victim card ("See, all the fanboys jump on me!") is childish. If want to be at least somewhat constructive, point out specifics: who it was, what was said, and why it is a problem.

Why do my posts always get misinterpreted? Is my english really that bad? >_>

Anyway, I was explaining to khuutra my point. If you take his post out of the conversation, it won't make any sense.

Okay so, he said (...)"If you are of the opinion that people shoud be able to hate on a company without baclash.... well, that's rather one-sided, now innit?" and what I was trying to say was: it doesn't matter that we criticize it on the internet. It won't make any difference. Did all the hate the Wii got on 2006 make any difference? Did it stop from selling millions? No, it did not. So I don't see any problems with the OP, pointing out flaws of the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo in general. It isn't taking credit to Nintendo, he's just having a more realistic look. Or perhaps, most gamers are giving too much credit to Nintendo, and he's being more reasonable. He made the text pretty clear, so I won't even have to quote anything. Shouldn't have written "words mean nothing", that might be confusing.

And what victim card? I haven't been "attacked" or anything. I was just saying what I do in that kind of situations, I don't give a f when people don't try to see my point. In this case, some people aren't trying to understand the OP. Instead of arguing, they're just saying he's a fanboy. And that pisses me off.

Rhonin the wizard said:
Tuganuno said:
Khuutra said:
Tuganuno said:

THat is a ridiculous notion. People hav criticized Nintendo since the beginning, and continue to do so now. here is no current climate in which they can't be criticized. But if you don't want people to disagree with you, your only opiton is to not say anything. This is true in reference to discourse surrounding all companies.

I was being sarcastic on that bold part. But anyway... I'm not understanding this conversation. Nintendo deserves to be criticized, because they aren't perfect, and have many flaws to be winning this generation (IMO). I'm not saying Sony and MS are perfect just so we're clear. Read that puppies analogy lol

It doesn't matter that we hate on X company, except if you're an extremly influential person. Most casual gamers don't even come to the internet to check consoles, they're impulse buyers. What difference does it make that we laugh at Kinect? MS won't lose money, and besides that, any publicity is good publicity.

Oh, and if I say my opinion, then I'm obviously not expecting everyone to agree with me. But when other people don't even care to understand what I'm trying to say (not refering to you) then I just won't care. Same thing to the OP - "This guy isn't loving Nintendo... OMFGOSH HATER TROLL DIE!"

I haven't seen people attack the OP, rather what he stated, which can summarized as: "Nintendo is never criticized". Which is very, very, very wrong. Do I actually have to go look in forums or sites where Nintendo has been criticized and post hundreds of links that will prove this? I hope not. You've probably seen it too. I've seen people complain about Wind Wakers art style, not enough core games, not enough new IPs, not enough sequels to old games, etc.

We have heard the "Nintendo is dooomed" song for so many times it's no longer funny. Look at this video for example, look at the very end.

Has Nintendo made mistakes? Yes. Are people allowed to not like Nintendo? Yes. But to state that Nintendo is never criticized, that's just false.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I see no reason for this thread. Nintendo gets a little love, because they showed things that excite people(mostly referring to journalists and forum goers here) and all of a sudden Nintendo is loved too much. The only point I see in this thread is that its trying to make people angry.

I criticize Nintendo alot, won't deny it, specially because I think I've said it on this thread lol But anyway, it's not random hate, it's because I have reasons to (check my previous posts). I don't want to talk for the OP, but I'm pretty sure he's refering to the current situation. And lately, no one can criticize Nintendo without getting hated. In fact, I didn't even know that children shouldn't use the 3DS, so as you can see, either the forums I usually go to fail at delivering information, or everyone is in love to 'em, 'cause if Nintendo actually said that during the E3, it isn't a small problem.

Even tho I'm interested in the 3DS, I can still see a couple of flaws on Nintendo. And the OP is right about pretty much everything. But then again, that's my opinion. And my opinion won't change anything on the gaming industry.

Tuganuno said:
Rhonin the wizard said:
Tuganuno said:
Khuutra said:
Tuganuno said:

I criticize Nintendo alot, won't deny it, specially because I think I've said it on this thread lol But anyway, it's not random hate, it's because I have reasons to (check my previous posts). I don't want to talk for the OP, but I'm pretty sure he's refering to the current situation. And lately, no one can criticize Nintendo without getting hated. In fact, I didn't even know that children shouldn't use the 3DS, so as you can see, either the forums I usually go to fail at delivering information, or everyone is in love to 'em, 'cause if Nintendo actually said that during the E3, it isn't a small problem.

Even tho I'm interested in the 3DS, I can still see a couple of flaws on Nintendo. And the OP is right about pretty much everything. But then again, that's my opinion. And my opinion won't change anything on the gaming industry.

So you agree with "Nintendo is never criticized"?

And it's for children under 7 year should not use the 3D aspects, because their eye muscles aren't fully developed, this warning is also given out at 3D movies. So yeah you don't look in the right places.

I never accused of hating Nintendo.

Around the Network

If people really believe that nothing can be said bad about Nintendo, It goes true for Sony and Microsoft, right?

Where's the Wii Bingo board when you need it?

Tuganuno said:

Why do my posts always get misinterpreted? Is my english really that bad? >_>

Anyway, I was explaining to khuutra my point. If you take his post out of the conversation, it won't make any sense.

Okay so, he said (...)"If you are of the opinion that people shoud be able to hate on a company without baclash.... well, that's rather one-sided, now innit?" and what I was trying to say was: it doesn't matter that we criticize it on the internet. It won't make any difference. Did all the hate the Wii got on 2006 make any difference? Did it stop from selling millions? No, it did not. So I don't see any problems with the OP, pointing out flaws of the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo in general. It isn't taking credit to Nintendo, he's just having a more realistic look. Or perhaps, most gamers are giving too much credit to Nintendo, and he's being more reasonable. He made the text pretty clear, so I won't even have to quote anything. Shouldn't have written "words mean nothing", that might be confusing.

And what victim card? I haven't been "attacked" or anything. I was just saying what I do in that kind of situations, I don't give a f when people don't try to see my point. In this case, some people aren't trying to understand the OP. Instead of arguing, they're just saying he's a fanboy. And that pisses me off.

I was following the convo (even if I omitted Khuutra's post for space), but it still seemed like it strayed off subject, because he was explaining how Nintendo receives its own share of criticism, which is why the whole OP is moot.

The thread isn't about the 3DS or any specific flaws, it's about how apparently nobody criticizes any of these products, and that's clearly false. Does anyone claiming this actually look inside the Nintendo forum?

"Or perhaps, most gamers are giving too much credit to Nintendo, and he's being more reasonable."

Have you considered that many people actually believe Nintendo deserves the credit they receive? When you don't actually like Nintendo's games, when you feel that the Wii is the most overrated console ever, it should be obvious why you think people are giving Nintendo too much credit. Why should that become our problem?

Some of the posts, like Rol's, are spot on. leatherhat speaks under the assumption that the games on Nintendo's systems are inferior to MS/ Sony's, so all the praise Nintendo gets confuses him. That's pretty much what the OP is about, since most of the examples he gives are either false or opinionated. If you disagree, please list some from there that are actually true, I bet they can be easily shot down.

You know, some people here feel that Sony's first party is above, or even on par / close to Nintendo's first party. That confuses the hell out of me, but you won't see me on the Sony thread devoting my time on telling everyone how brainwashed they are.

As for my last comment, I should've probably clarified, but I was referring to leatherhat. There were plenty of people that argued against his OP, but instead of responding to them he just whined about how every Nintendo fanboy on the site apparently attacked him.

Rhonin the wizard said:

So you agree with "Nintendo is never criticized"?

And it's for children under 7 year should not use the 3D aspects, because their eye muscles aren't fully developed, this warning is also given out at 3D movies. So yeah you don't look in the right places.

I never accused of hating Nintendo.

At the moment, yes, Nintendo is "untouchable" on FORUMS... except on Sony/MS Defense Forse. I never said "never" tho. And by this I mean after the E3 and by the gaming community... About 3D, I guess children can turn it off right, so no harm done in there.

All the praise Nintendo's been getting over the past few days must be creating a lot of butthurt. Butthurt is a dangerous thing if not kept in check.

As you may or may not know, butthurt increases exponentially with the amount of attention a rival company receives. When the butthurt reaches critical mass, it starts to form into an anti-bandwagon. Anti-bandwagons are where things get irrational. Butthurtees will begin to "speak out" against the "blind fanboys" (aka, people who are excited). Other butthurtees will then "totally agree, man!" If they're not careful, it may develop into a full blown hatred for the butthurter.

For an example, see this thread.