By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - E3 Undercover: Twisted Metal Private Demo

http://www.giantbomb.com/e3-2010-undercover-jaffe/17-2799/

The game looks AWESOME already! :D gonna spend a lot of time on this game once it comes out..pretty long video tho :) Enjoy

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

Can't wait to try this out :P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

so where's that awesomness? what i saw is game that's been in development for more than 4 years, looks worse than some 360 lauch titles(seriously this lookde worse than PGR3 and some models made first Saints Row look actually good) and looks buggy as hell looking at many off screen videos compared to other games that were playable on E3 and that will be released close to Twisted Metal next year. plus with games like Split/Second, Full Auto and Blur i think that car combat games are just thing of the past.

4 years? That's a lie.

Twisted Metal is awesome, no room for discussion I'm afraid. You need to play it.

Graphics blow though, but with this game I don't really care. As long as its in HD lol, it's all about big maps and big explosions.

i don't know there's many games that has lost their flare in last few years.

i was huge fan of Crackdown, but with every new vid i lose interest in the sequel.

Halo Reach is meh to me especially after singleplayer campaign reveal. E3 presentation of this game was so bland - the only thing that's interesting is customizable Firefight but i won't be getting 60$ game for one multiplayer mode(i'm not really interested in normal Halo multiplayer).

new Need for Speed even though it's based on my favourite NFS game in the series.

Red Faction Guerilla - now that's a game that shows perfectly: "OMG MUST HAVE" when it's announced and "WHAT IS THIS SHIT" when you see first gameplay situation.

Around the Network

Yea, I know, lots of games have lost their flare. Year after year I'm finding myself becoming interested in less and less games.

Far to many blatant rip offs and un-original games nowadays. It's funny that it's the old franchises I'm still interested most in.

TomasPL said:

so where's that awesomness? what i saw is game that's been in development for more than 4 years, looks worse than some 360 lauch titles(seriously this lookde worse than PGR3 and some models made first Saints Row look actually good) and looks buggy as hell looking at many off screen videos compared to other games that were playable on E3 and that will be released close to Twisted Metal next year. plus with games like Split/Second, Full Auto and Blur i think that car combat games are just thing of the past.

First off... it's been in development for no more than 2 and a half years TOPS. Second, this isn't an arcade racer like Split/Second and those other games. It's an open world COMBAT vehicle game with Fourplayer online splitscreen... Don't expect visuals like the game you mentioned above otherwise you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

4 ≈ One

doesn't change the fact that game looks like ass compared to most racing games released on HD platforms and given this supposedly 2.5 year development time it looks very bad especially if you look at other titles that were shown at E3 and that will be released in 2011. i'm sorry, but Burnout Revenge which was just updated xbox game still looks miles better.

openworld aspect doesn't change anything. it looks like it was very early in development.

lol wow, that looks 'bad' to you? I will agree the next time an open world car combat game with fully destructable environments look better than this...and yea wait till you see the final version

and also this game is NOT about the visuals, its about having fun and fun it is and the fans know it

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

TomasPL said:

doesn't change the fact that game looks like ass compared to most racing games released on HD platforms and given this supposedly 2.5 year development time it looks very bad especially if you look at other titles that were shown at E3 and that will be released in 2011. i'm sorry, but Burnout Revenge which was just updated xbox game still looks miles better.

openworld aspect doesn't change anything. it looks like it was very early in development.

First of all, David Jaffe recently stated that this game has been in development for ~18 months, so get your facts straight. Second of all, the visuals are fine for a game with such massive environments. Visuals were never what this series was about, anyway, so your complaints are falling on deaf ears. They chose gameplay over graphics and I'm totally fine with that. I personally think it looks great.