By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I *HATE* 3D glasses and so should you

I gave up on 3D after trying to watch the movie Up in 3D.  With my glasses having smudges on them, and those glasses on top of them, it just wasn't a good experience to me at all.  But hey, if other people want to enjoy them, they are free to.  As for myself, I will pass on 3D with glasses, even movies.  I am NOT seeing a movie in 3D that requires me to wear glasses.

Around the Network

I think the whole 3D thing is nothing,but a gimmick. I really don't get what it adds to the experience. Random fake objects flying in your face in 3D. I'm sorry,but that's not my idea of an incredible movie experience.

The technology is not there yet for glassless 3D on TV and projectors, for the 3DS everyone has said you have be at a very specific angle to see the 3D, that can't be the case with TVs and projectors as there will be plenty of people watching at different angles.

oldschoolfool said:

I think the whole 3D thing is nothing,but a gimmick. I really don't get what it adds to the experience. Random fake objects flying in your face in 3D. I'm sorry,but that's not my idea of an incredible movie experience.

Thats as silly as people still trying to say the wii is a gimmick. Numbers dont lie. 3D is no gimmick, friend.

It may not be for you, thats cool, but my idea of a gimmick is not mass acceptence, and thus 3D is tough to declare a gimmick imo.

I just don't find whats the deal with people haiting 3D glasses. Maybe because I'm already use to wearing glasses?

Around the Network

I use glasses - and I love them - so using another pair over them is inncredibly bad to me.

I don't want to put contacts (or buy cotacts) each time I watch a movie or play a game.

i really agree i hate those glasses they smudge and i didnt even touch the lense

Well I had no issue with them when I was at Best Buy and the were showing 3D stuff on one of the Samsung Plasmas.  I liked it so much that I will probably be picking one of them up later this year. 

Vetteman94 said:

Well I had no issue with them when I was at Best Buy and the were showing 3D stuff on one of the Samsung Plasmas.  I liked it so much that I will probably be picking one of them up later this year. 

Exactly this.  Those glasses were easily 1000x the quality/comfort of the Real3D glasses given out at the theater.  Before you write it off completely, go and try on a real set and then decide if they are for you or not.  

so polarized glasses are polarizing hehe