By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP ads taking over TV

So it looks like sony is pushing the PSP even harder than they were pushing the $299 ps3..  literally 90% of the commercial breaks on local channels show a PSP ad with marcus and Kevin Butler: 

With sony's recently announced $9.99 PSP favorites line up including Patapon 2, Locoroco 2, Buzz quiz, and the plenty of cheap Greatist hits titles like Little big planet, Gran turismo, God of war, Daxter, Hot shots golf, plus upcoming games like Hot shots tennis, Patapon 3, God of war, Monster Hunter 3 P and more Sony really is pushing the PSP.. WHAT I THINK THEY SHOULD DO IS once PS MOVE launches in september, they should be making a ton of profit.. so I suspect they should cut the price in OCTOBER: PSP 3000: $99.99 PSP GO: $149.99 even though the PSP as a system offers much more than it's competitor the DS in features, I still believe it should get a price cut so that consumers look into the PSP as a holiday present. Add an even stronger ad campaign, and you have yourself a comeback. PSP currently is outselling the 360 in Europe and Japan, but struggeling to sell half of what the XBOX 360 sells in the US. Software sales are also horrid, and sony blames bad advertisement and piracy for it. PSP 3000 and PSP GO are unpiratable systems, and sony believes they can turn around the PSP.

mM
Around the Network

wait this ad was aired on Tv? :D during what shows may I ask?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Did anyone like these ads with the obnoxious child?

Kevin Butler = Cool

That child = Annoying

Lets see if they work on hardware sales!

This is SONY's FINAL push for PSP I think

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

That's what PSP needs, negative advertising.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

I expect a BIG push this holiday season, with a PRICE CUT, and the favorites line up.. hopefully, because the PSP has really good ip that people need to know about, and it needs a comeback (if it wants to end up beign the 2nd best selling gaming handheld in history).

btw.. I saw it both on ESPN (lakers vs celtics) and TBS just now (Family guy), I tend to watch showtime and hbo, which have no ads but the premium channel ads, so I don't see commercials that much, but from what I've seen sony is really psuhing it's ad campaign.

Also for anyone with a PSP, download the HOT SHOTS TENNIS DEMO its the funnest game I've played on a handheld in a while

mM
Around the Network

@Darth I find 

Obnoxious Child: Kind of mildly amusing.

Kevin Butler: Annoying as fuck. 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

I wonder if that MARCUS is our own MARCUSDJACKSON

This is what they should be doing.. attack the competition and show why the PSP is better, half the people i know dont know the PSP can play  pS1 games or movies.. -_-

mM
blaydcor said:

@Darth I find 

Obnoxious Child: Kind of mildly amusing.

Kevin Butler: Annoying as fuck. 

I and my dog totally disagree!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

It just played again on TBS every commercial break..

mM