By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will 3DS be affected by Kinect and Move?

If 3DS is launched in November as many rumours say it will be it will be in direct competition for people's gaming dollars as Move and Kinect. I'm not sure how much Kinect and Move will effect 3DS sales or vice versa but I know alot of people who want to buy all three and are going to have to choose one for this holiday.

I myself had hoped to get Kinect this fall but now that 3DS is coming out I'm pretty much saying "Screw you Microsoft I'm buying a 3DS". I realized right aways that I couldn't buy both I just don't have the money. So how many consumers do you think out there are going to choose 3DS over Kinect or maybe Kinect over Move?

If one was to buy all three platforms at the current rumoured prices you'd be talking over 650$ So evidently Move and Kinect will probubly effect Nintendo's 3DS sales and vice versa.

How much of an effect will Kinect/Move have on 3DS's sales and vice versa?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

1. I don't think anyone believes 3DS is coming out this year. Maybe in Japan it will...maybe. Not anywhere else though.

2. If in fact it does come out though in November, I don't see it greatly affecting the Move, outside of a maximum amount of purchasing dollars per person. They're aiming for different crowds. Kinect on the other hand will be swallowed whole. 

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Better question:

Will Move and Kinect be affected by 3DS?

Will GT5 and Halo reach be affected by 3DS?

The answer ladies and gentleman, is yes.

Onyxmeth said:

1. I don't think anyone believes 3DS is coming out this year. Maybe in Japan it will...maybe. Not anywhere else though.

2. If in fact it does come out though in November, I don't see it greatly affecting the Move, outside of a maximum amount of purchasing dollars per person. They're aiming for different crowds. Kinect on the other hand will be swallowed whole. 

Everything is pointing for an October release.

3DS being sold out over the holidays should help Kinetic and Move sales.

I'll bet that 3DS will be going for a higher price on Ebay than any Kinetic/360 or Move/PS3 bundle. I'm gonna preorder 10 and let desperate parents pay for my Christmas bills.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

Well i think the 3DS will be the next big thing and not kinect or move

RolStoppable said:

Either you are a concern troll or you are suffering from irrational fears. You are making one "Nintendo could be in trouble/Nintendo could have done better" thread after another this week. But this one right here makes me ask one specific question:

In the past you were very much against Wii Sports and all those other "casual" Nintendo games. Now you are saying you were considering to buy Kinect. Where's the logic in that?

I never once created a thread saying Nintendo could be in trouble (This week or recently). I made a thread that Nintendo should have shown the content they showed on the floor in the actual conference because if they had it would have made the conference way better. Example my favorite E3 to date was E3 2006 when so many Wii games were shown off I was awstruck by Project H.A.M.M.E.R , FF:CC, Disaster Day of Crisis, Mario Galaxy etc..etc... Nintendo showed off so many new titles for the Wii it was just amazing. I expected Nintendo to give the 3DS the same treatment. After watching their show I was really impressed and though Kid Icarus looked amazing, it wasn't until Nintendo released the screens from MarioKart, paper Mario , Animal Crossing , Pilot Wings, StarFox , Nintendogs ,OoT....etc....etc... I thought to myself if Nintendo had shown all that content at their press conference that would have put the conference over the top it would have beaten E3 2006 hands down. So I decided to create a thread to see if anyone else agreed and thought that Nintendo was holding back when they could have shown all the availible content today at the conference itself. In no way was I attacking Nintendo's performance, I find it funny that so many people got so defensive and offended considering I am a major Nintendo fan myself and I was not actually trying to insult Nintendo in any way shape or form. People like yourself have taken my statements out of context.

As for me not liking WiiSports, WiiSports:Resort etc...etc.. your absolutely right I did not like them. Also I never said I liked KinectSports , KinectAdventure etc...etc... either infact I was extremely embarrased to be a Microsoft fan. The games I am interested in are Kinectimals and DanceCentral because I would like to learn how to dance and I liked Nintendogs and thinks Kinectimals may be a rip off which I may enjoy.

Long story short I decided to ditch Kinect for 3DS because honestly their is alot more software I enjoy coming to 3DS then Kinect. I want to buy all of the first party line-up with the exception of PilotWings, I owned PilotWings on the SNES and decided to skip it on the 64 and will probubly skip it again.

In the end I can't afford Kinect and 3DS, I need to choose and I have chosen 3DS. I probubly will never buy a Kinect afterwards because when I don't buy things day one I procrastinate for ages and never end up buying them later on. Plus Kinect lacks software that would justify me going out and buying it!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Onyxmeth said:

The rumor is that it will launch in at least one region before the end of the year. Since the original DS launched in North America first, why couldn't the 3DS?

badgenome said:
Onyxmeth said:

The rumor is that it will launch in at least one region before the end of the year. Since the original DS launched in North America first, why couldn't the 3DS?

When we got it first, it was by 10 measly days. Since then, three other iterations of the DS have released with months in between the Japanese and other regions releases. I'll stick with the ongoing trend and not merely the lone exception. Also if it were coming out so soon here, I believe they would have released the pricing info.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
badgenome said:
Onyxmeth said:

When we got it first, it was by 10 measly days. Since then, three other iterations of the DS have released with months in between the Japanese and other regions releases. I'll stick with the ongoing trend and not merely the lone exception. Also if it were coming out so soon here, I believe they would have released the pricing info.

Well, thanks for crushing my hopes, you jerk.