By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - An internet-wide CNET boycott.

I'm posting this in both the gaming and the Off-Topic forums:

I urge all of you who support the video game journalism integrity to join us on December 3rd. On that day, we will log out of Gamespot and do not visit the site for 24 hours.

For everyone who ask "what is boycotting one day gonna do?" Here is my answer. In the short run, it does nothing. But this is an attempt to get people organized. I don't expect anyone here can just walk away from Gamespot for months. We also need to check back here to see how everyone did and exchange ideas. So this is really an excercise of will. It is a demonstration.

Just like people holding signs outside of government building. The protest don't change anything right away, but the protest sends a message out and when more people hear about us, they might gather together. If we simply sit here and do nothing, no one will hear us and nothing will change.

CNET is a rich company and we cannot expect to have things changed tomorrow. We should think of this as a long term battle, and we need actions that not only has impact, but also can persist. The one day boycott is only the start. We need to show CNET that we, as a community, has the power to band together and stand for what we believe!

Don't forget that News.com, Metacritic, MP3.com, Movietome, GameFAQs, Gamerankings, filmspot, download.com, and shopper.com are all part of CNET. Stay off of those sites too.

This boycott is being spread throughout the Gamespot, Actionfaction, and many other sites. There are currently 

---------------
The Board is the best site on the Internet.

Around the Network

Nobody has a gamespot account here. If they do they left ages ago.

mM

They make their money from anyone that visits their site, not just people that have accounts. They base ad revenues based on hits per day.

No. Just because of bad reviews should Gamefaqs and Gamerankings be shut down, I love those sites and visit them regularly.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Maybe I'm just not informed on the subject.

What has CNET done anyway?

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Around the Network
dtewi said:
Maybe I'm just not informed on the subject.

What has CNET done anyway?

Essentially fired a guy for being honest in a review and not giving it a better review because an advertiser paid big bucks.

Link?

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

1up.com, first page, first news article. Kotaku.com, google it even.

I don't know which side of the story to believe - but I'm all for boycotting gamespot any day. :)

I will not log on the 3rd :D Spread the word Brother :D

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil