By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 slim is 17% smaller and is incapable of RROD-ing!

Green flash of death now? I'm going to miss the ring lights but more USB, bigger HDD and Wifi are all good news.

Around the Network

The red ring of death hasn't been a real issue for ages. The later 360 models produced less heat due to the shrink in chipsets, and the system was redesigned internally to increase the rate at which heat was expelled. Thus its really just harping on a problem that doesn't really exist. Anyone seriously talking about the red ring of death is just expounding rhetoric. Don't get me wrong I would point this out for anyone who would today say that the PS3 doesn't have any games, or the Wii doesn't have any mature titles.

Speaking on topic I think the Kensington lock is a great feature. Consoles are a favored item of thieves and burglars, because they are easy to fence through your local used game shop, or just sold on the street. There is hardly any leg work involved. Then there is the entire matter of private information stored on your console. So yeah the added security is a very welcome addition especially for those that may live in communal settings.

BHR-3 said:

ps3 is 290 × 65 × 290 and 3kg uses about max 90watts keep in mind it has power supply inside of it too, not impressed with 360s power consumption, size, and weight

I don't think you've been impressed with anything the 360 has done. Ever.

Also the Kinect port is a power supply, so you don't have to plug the camera into the wall.

The Kinect port thing is just about a power plug. Non X360 Slim owners will have two power bricks in their living rooms instead of one but that's the difference.

Mistershine said:
BHR-3 said:

ps3 is 290 × 65 × 290 and 3kg uses about max 90watts keep in mind it has power supply inside of it too, not impressed with 360s power consumption, size, and weight

I don't think you've been impressed with anything the 360 has done. Ever.

Also the Kinect port is a power supply, so you don't have to plug the camera into the wall.

Thanks for the clarification, that makes sense.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

Around the Network
.jayderyu said:

Sigh, MS is just hiding the RRoD. I suspect the rate of system failure is about the same. To the general public they will buy that it's better. For anyone who is in the know will know that they are just twisting things to fit their sales message.

You don't seriously believe that do you 0_o

haxxiy said:

The Kinect port thing is just about a power plug. Non X360 Slim owners will have two power bricks in their living rooms instead of one but that's the difference.

OMG! LOTS OF TANGLING CABLES! 

i'm totally kidding guys. Thanks for the clarification on the port dingy.

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

They should just make it a blue ring to make it universal MS standard when things die.

.jayderyu said:

Sigh, MS is just hiding the RRoD. I suspect the rate of system failure is about the same. To the general public they will buy that it's better. For anyone who is in the know will know that they are just twisting things to fit their sales message.

I'm curious to find out what you think the new model of Xbox 360's failure rate is, and if you think they've made any improvements to it since launch? Note, this is a test.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

.jayderyu said:

Child research a little before you come in here spouting letters.

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!