By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's the most you'll pay for your 3DS?

I think my upper limit would probably be something like $200.  I have never been an early adopter when it comes to handhelds though, so I may just hold out until after the first revision or first price drop.  If either of those things happen, of course.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
theRepublic said:

I think my upper limit would probably be something like $200.  I have never been an early adopter when it comes to handhelds though, so I may just hold out until after the first revision or first price drop.  If either of those things happen, of course.

You'll wait a VERY long time for a price drop, if it ever happens, this thing will sell like hotcakes with crack in them. The Wii shortages will look like surpluses in comparison. There'll be revisioin probably in 2014 or so to add more internal storage, higher resolution camera etc

It break through tech so ill go 299 if i ever get one. But i dont like gaming on such a small scale anymore so i probably wont pick one up.

200 i'd say ... i'd definitly not pay more than the cost of a wii

they should probably be careful with this; the Wii already costs $200 with both Wii Sports title and a Wii Motion Plus. Pricing it at $200 with no software with it will raise the brows on some. $150-$175 might be the ideal pricing for it.

Around the Network
ElGranCabeza said:
theRepublic said:

You'll wait a VERY long time for a price drop, if it ever happens, this thing will sell like hotcakes with crack in them. The Wii shortages will look like surpluses in comparison. There'll be revisioin probably in 2014 or so to add more internal storage, higher resolution camera etc

I didn't get a DS until well after the DS Lite came out, so I really don't have much problem waiting.  I actually owned a Wii well before I bought a DS too.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

$300 is the absolute most I'd pay for a handheld, even if it has the potential to be the best. $200 is the most I'd be happy paying for, and $150-180 is ideal. Anything less than that is a steal. 

Dioxinis said:

200 i'd say ... i'd definitly not pay more than the cost of a wii

That makes no sense. Completely different product and experience. I agree that $200 is my max, but it has nothing to do with Wii or any other device. Just wouldn't pay more for a handheld device that my kids would likely play as well.

when the word "portable" gets attached to a system then expectations change. And now that I remember, the regular DS only cost $150 on its launch so that's probably what they should aim for

$200 for the system.  Anything higher and I'll be waiting for the first price cut.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2